Newsletter for the whole Divine Love Community

This forum is for all other topics
Geoff
Family

Re: Newsletter for the whole Divine Love Community

Post by Geoff »

Dear Eva,

I just checked my mail inbox by searching the subject contents, and I did not receive it. I do not have a spam folder on my main email address. I am using a Mac, and do have rules to sort mail, but no spam box decided by heuristics. My mail server can flag items using heuristics, but again, they arrive marked "This may be Spam", in the main inbox.

There is a thing known as "black holing" which may be the cause if Michael finds I am on the list. This is when Michael's mail server decides that my mail server is the source of spam, and won't send any emails to anyone using that mail server - this could be hundreds of innocent folk. This would be ok if it also reported back that its refusing to do as its told, but typically that does not happen. Now a mail server gets black holed when someone claims to their ISP that they are getting spam. They then get listed on a black hole list and the ISP that is now black holed has to get it unlisted. Its a tedious thing, and I wonder if it actually stops spam.

Because of these issues I use MailChimp for all my mailing lists.

hugs
Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Geoff -- just double-checking: you would have received my resend last night, or?

Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Yes I got the resend, thats how I was able to search for the email header.

hugs
Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello everyone,

We are preparing the next issue of the newsletter due in May. If you would like to contribute anything, we welcome your articles, poems, stories of personal accomplishment, testimonials of coming to learn about the Divine Love, prayer requests, and anything else that you think might be of interest to your brothers and sisters in the Divine Love Community.
Contributions can be emailed to "editors at fcdt dot org" or just send me a PM.

Love and blessings to all.
Eva
Audley
Happy Camper

Post by Audley »

Hi; just so that i am clear in my understanding, what does FCDT stand for and what/who is considered the Divine Love Community .
You may have explained it earlier but i must haved missed it.
With Love,
Audley
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Audley,

Let me make it as clear as I can for you. The Divine Love Community includes anyone who sees themselves as following the path of praying for and being transformed by the Divine Love. This would be everyone on this forum and other related forums, as well as those who have their own Divine Love ministry and do not wish to participate on any forums. In a broader sense, it can be viewed as the invisible church -- all people, wherever they are, who have the Holy Spirit working with them and imparting the Divine Love into their souls.

For the purpose of this thread, the Divine Love Community means people on this forum. As "subsets" to the Community, there are two incorporated, though "virtual" churches -- FCDT, which means Foundation Church of Divine Truth; and FCNB, which means Foundation Church of New Birth. As isn't uncommon within religious groups, there has, unfortunately, been a church split a few decades ago. Some of the DL Community members belong to FCDT, some to FCNB, and some prefer to remain unaffiliated. Thankfully, these differences are non-issues as we all interact with each other and are inspired to post or comment.

One of the trustees of FCDT recently desired to start (or restart after some years) a newsletter, and having become a friend of his, I offered to help him. We wanted to transcend the church boundaries, however, so the newsletter is made available to anyone within the Community who wishes to read it and/or contribute to it.

You are welcome to download the previous two issues -- see the link higher up in this thread. If you wish, you can also be placed on the mailing list from issue 3 (May) onward. And if you would like to share something that you think others would enjoy reading, feel free to do that too.

So Audley, I hope that has answered your question.
Love and blessings,
Eva
Audley
Happy Camper

Post by Audley »

Thank you Eva so very much for taking the time to explain the background, purpose, and audience in relation to the Newsletter. I so, for sure, appreciate it.
With Love,
Audley
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Eva for going into details regarding these churches. I also wish to add that some do not wish to be affiliated with a church ( as you have said) and are instead affiliated with the Divine Love Sanctuary foundation or some other nondenominational organization . Just wanted to put a plug in for what we are trying to do here which we hope does not carry the baggage that the word 'church' can carry for some. We are also open to anyone who wishes to join. We all find our place in which we find the most comfort and in the end labels are not necessary. I hope that those who belong to whatever organization that suits them will find a sense of loving acceptance here. All are welcome and comments appreciated. Much love to you Eva.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Thank you Audley for another excellent question, and thank you Eva for an equally excellent answer!

I am going to hang onto the definition you provided: "The Divine Love Community includes anyone who sees themselves as following the path of praying for and being transformed by the Divine Love. This would be everyone on this forum and other related forums, as well as those who have their own Divine Love ministry and do not wish to participate on any forums. In a broader sense, it can be viewed as the invisible church -- all people, wherever they are, who have the Holy Spirit working with them and imparting the Divine Love into their souls."

I find your statement that "it can be viewed as an invisible church" useful, but feel the need to qualify it somewhat (if you can accept a friendly amendment?). This network of souls seeking the Divine Love has many members for whom churches (synagogues, mosques) have been limited in their capacity to foster an individual's direct relationship with our Creator through a soul to Soul connection. In most, there is an intermediary between the individual and G-d (priests, ministers,rabbis) considerable error in written texts, and anthropomorphic constructs of G-d.

You can see I am still sensitive to concepts such as "church"! I would prefer calling the Divine Love Community an invisible network. Through forums such as this one, newsletters such as those published by FCNB and FCDT, websites such as Geoff's and others, prayer retreats hosted in different parts of the world, the bonds between those on this path are growing, information is flowing, connections are being forged and many blessings are realized by those so involved.

It is the growing relationships between collectives of people and individuals, that bring strength to the community. And, membership is often overlapping; some of us are involved with/support and appreciate DLSF, the FCNB and FCDT and uphold the respective goals of each, which we see as complementary and contributing to the same goal, of bringing the Truth of the Love into consciousness. There is a place for each and all, just as there is a role for churches, synagogues, mosques and other spiritual institutions.

Love,
Terry
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Why "invisible"? Not sure that word fits for me! Thanks for the discussion! Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!