Blackpool England here we come

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

Blackpool England here we come

Post by AlFike »

One week from today Jeanne and I will be flying over the pole to Manchester England, take train to Blackpool and take another plane to Ireland where Tim O'Higgins is going to pick us up and drive us to his home in Limerick Ireland. Whew, it's going to be a very long day :| . I hope that we will be carried by the angels and that God will clear any obstacles in our path. I am utterly amazed that an innocent and tentative search on line for Divine Love sites has brought us thus far in a few short years. And spirit have told us this is just the beginning. No wonder I was prompted to change my diet and my routines as this is going to require a great deal of energy and commitment. We have been told about these days to come for many years now and I must confess that I am both excited and a little nervous. Sort of like climbing into the seat of the roller coaster anticipating the ride. I think actually the coaster ride is well under way but God in his wisdom has given us the easier bumps first before we go for the big hills! Will Blackpool and Ireland be the beginning of the more exciting section? Only God knows, but if we listen to our guidance thus far, it is certainly going to be a trip worth remembering. The excitement amongst the forty some odd participants has been building. The mere thought of getting all of us in one place is worth the price of admission. That price has been steep for some as many are coming from North America and beyond. The draw of this gathering has become as intense as the anticipation.

We are going to pray together. That is our focus. I know we are going to be doing a lot of talking as well and that is also important. Bonding on many levels will help strengthen our movement and bring a sense of unity. For too long we have been in our corners of the world doing our own thing and in our own ways making a difference in the world. I believe that God wants us to think in more global terms what can be done to help deflect mankind from the precipice that we all seem to be heading for. For those of us who are able, it is time to commit ourselves to this task and to follow whatever path that God prescribes for us. I think the Angels are making a very special effort to make our retreat a dynamic and inspiring event . They want to strengthen us and open up our souls to the possibilities of doing a great service to mankind by teaching and spreading the truth of God's Love and to be powerful channels of this Love . Quite frankly., I'm expecting a few revelations, if not outright miracles. If our messages are to be believed and judging by the efforts that spirit are making to open the doors for us there, I will be very surprised if not at least a few of us experience something very special and enlightening. No doubt we will experience whatever is meant for each one present, and we are all at different places upon our path and our perceptions. Some are new to this and some have been praying for the Love for a number of years. We are also coming together from different cultures and this will colour our perspectives but I think that all of us will come away with soulful awakenings and recognition of the power of God's Love and Divine healing will be present.

Another chapter of this ongoing story deserves to be mentioned. We were invited by Tim who heads the World Healing Crusade that is headquartered in Blackpool. One of his goals is to help enliven this organization and add our love and prayers for it's ongoing work in the world to bring healing and Love . I haven't met Tim in person but we have had numerous Skype calls in the past several months. The time difference has made this challenging and both parties have been woken from our slumbers on a few occasions in order to further the conversation :o . What started out as a perceived crack in the door of possibilities has turned into a wide and welcome opening . An invitation to share the beautiful space and hospitality that I can only speculate is God's doing. Tim is a generous and good natured fellow. He is trusting us with all his heart and all the resources at his disposal. I would say this is a giant leap of faith on his part to invite a couple from the other side of the planet to come and stay with him and his family, to take over the facilities that he has responsibilities for and to talk about Divine Love in what is a predominantly Christian, as in Biblical, framework. A big risk on his part and a lot of time and energy spent to make this happen.

We also have spent a great deal of energy and resources in order to make this happen. So in essence, we have bet the farm on this one folks, so I hope you can all appreciate the collective resources that have gone into this. The outcomes will be determined by a number of factors but do not underestimate the power of your free will and soulful desires to make this event something extraordinary. I hope you who are coming are preparing in prayer and in your thoughts. And those who cannot make it will add your prayers to ours. What we all put into this will determine what we get out of it. This is not a passive exercise, instead it is a collective reaching for Divine inspiration and Love. It requires our overt efforts to put aside our daily concerns, our worries and our mental prejudices in order to go to God as purely and powerfully as we can. I know it is unrealistic to think that we will all come in some state of rapturous bliss, after all we all have our individual and collective earthly conditions to deal with yet if we try to get just a little beyond them, we will benefit greatly as God responds to our efforts. I personally want to feel the earth shake with the overwhelming inflowing of His Love. I hope you are all with me in this desire and unfortunately if we are not attuned in a direct and spiritual way, we will not feel it if it happens. I know that this time of preparation will not be wasted and the rewards will be great, maybe beyond imagining. We want to be fully awake for whatever God plans for us and by that I mean that our soul's awareness must be present in a conscious way. We are all on a pilgrimage here, a holy walk that will give us site and wisdom. I'm sure this will not be the only opportunity presented to us to be together but it is a turning point and a gift.

Thank you Father for your many blessings. May we come with open hearts and minds so that we may fully realize the gifts and blessings that you intend to bestow upon us. May our souls be brimming with your Love. May we find peace and surety in the days ahead. And may you guide us upon our paths to atonement with you. May all that is meant to be, be and all of the Love you wish to give us pour upon us like a mighty river.May God bless all of us on our journeys and our desire for truth. I know our prayers will be answered. They already are. Much love to you my brothers and sisters and I am excitedly anticipating meeting so many of you in a few short days. ...........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
dmreed2
Family

Re: Blackpool England here we come

Post by dmreed2 »

Al,

Your words illicit tremendous excitement and wondrous anticipation. I looked at Tim’s website for the World Healing Crusade and am impressed by his openness and inclusiveness to all types of faith and religious views. A quality that this world so dearly needs. I recently read that Jesus message of DL is compatible with virtually any religion and I am sure this is especially true when love is the cornerstone of its beliefs. For someone like myself who has not until this past year prayed deeply for this Love I am excited that I am now beginning to feel it more frequently. I owe this to you, Jeanne, Joan and this family in DL’s example and loving encouragement. Thank you for betting the farm on us, and this trip over the seas. Your energy and commitment of resources is so very deeply appreciated. I don’t doubt that your sacrifices will rain so many blessing upon you in countless ways. I’m looking forward with eager anticipation to meet my family in God’s Love as we pray and walk together in joyful harmony and ecstatic bliss under the light of God’s heavenly grace.

With love, joy and deep appreciation,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Dear Al, I am so very excited for you and the rest of the folks going to Blackpool. I have already begun praying as you all prepare for the trip. I applaud the effort, resources, and the commitment each one of you has made; I know your experiences will be tremendous and you'll make a powerful impact. I leave tomorrow for a week vacation at the Outer Banks, NC, and quite frankly, I would rather be going to Blackpool. Thanks to you and Jeanne for arranging this wonderful event; my prayers are with you now and throughout the retreat. With love and gratitude, Kristy
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Thank you, Al, for throwing more coal on an already burning fire of anticipation!! Suzie and I have been preparing diligently, including a lot of physical preparation :D I too hope the earth shakes, but coming from California, it might not be that impressive because the earth shakes here all the time :lol: :lol: :lol: All seriousness aside, I'd be just as happy if the results were the same blessed results that we encountered in your humble abode in Gibsons. If we can recreate that atmosphere in Blackpool, I know it will be a smashing success! I have that gut feeling that it will be that and much more!

David, I look forward to meeting you too in Blackpool! Kristy, I wish you were going, but I hope that it's not too far in the future that we get to meet you as well. Do you live close to Elizabeth M in New York? We would love to visit with Elizabeth before the end of the year, but we'll see how things develop.

Love and hugs to all, and let's get packing!

Dennis
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Dear Al,

Your letter feels truly inspired and inspiring and I thank you for it. I look forward to seeing everyone who comes to Blackpool, I thank all those who will join us in prayer who cannot attend, I join all of us in staying centered in my commitment to seeking our Father's Divine Love every moment....spiritual preparation is the most important preparation we can make as we come together....

one of my forms of preparation this morning, before coming to this forum, was to read some of Brother Mandus' writing (free to read on the WHC website) to help me to know a bit more of the perspective of those in Blackpool and I found his faith and commitment very inspiring....

with love and appreciation to all,
elizabeth
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

As for preparing for the Blackpool gathering, we received more "instructions" in our prayer circle last night, specifically from Sereta Kem. Hopefully Judy will have time to transcribe the messages today and we will be able to post in the next day or so. (However, saying that, the content of the messages was mainly personal, so we may just post some excerpts that apply to all of us on this site.)

Sereta Kem asked us to continue our preparations.....by keeping our thoughts positive, by eating a healthy diet and by praying for EACH INDIVIDUAL who is coming. We were told there will be an angel watching over each individual coming. Our Celestial guides and teachers have put so much into preparing for this gathering....indeed, for decades!

What a privilege it is for us to go....and to bring our JOY AND THANKSGIVING!!! :D

Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you all for your loving and enthusiastic responses. We will feel the spirit of our intent and the loving flow of God's intent whether we are there in person or not. For those of you coming , it will be direct and exciting to be together and those of you at home can sit and pray in comfort and be drawn into this node of light. We will all benefit because through the gift of having the knowledge of one another, we are connected and when we are connected on a soul level; when one steps forward, we all step forward. We are not just going for ourselves but for all of us and I know that each one who in faith believes this, will benefit from our prayers as we will benefit from yours. So please be with us in your heart if you are not with us in the flesh. Our collective efforts will cause ripples of Love around the world. This is big folks, so please participate in any way you can. Ask to be drawn in in your sleep state if you live in North America. Elsewhere, please include us in your daily prayers. I think many of you will feel that you are present with us. Many thanks to all of you willing to pray and participate. There will be joy and laughter and Love and light. God's hand is on us all. God bless....Al
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

It's very early here on Tuesday morning in Limerick Ireland. I'm in the living room of Tim O'Higgin's lovely home contemplating the days past and the days to come. Our travels have been smooth if not intense but we managed to arrive on time and intact. We were welcomed very warmly by Tim, his wife Merrie, their son Timmy and Merrie's sister Sally. A very lovely and generous family who made us feel at home immediately. Truly it was like coming home to family and we have had a harmonious and jovial time together. Ireland is a very friendly and unpretentious place where strangers in passing greet you with a smile and a hello. They are truly beautiful people living in a lush and beautiful landscape. Although I now understand why it is so green here as it is well watered on a daily basis ;) . The O'Higgins have pampered us, fed us like kings and taken us to their favorite places. We've had a wonderful time of full days of lovely, conversation filled meals and car trips. Ireland is a small country but rich in scenery and culture. You certainly don't need to go far to experience a beautiful tableau or an ancient castle restored lovingly to former glories. I'm loving it here.

We have also had some rich prayer times with the family and we can all feel the presence of our angel friends. Lots of encouraging and inspiring words from them and palpable Love from our Creator. This spiritual dimension adds so much to our visit and through the bonding Love, we are all feeling so very close to one another. There is a casual atmosphere in this home that takes away any anxiety about putting out our hosts to rest. We feel very welcome indeed. We've laughed and talked our way through these past few days and I can hear our angel friend Goldie giggling and laughing along with us. Everyone including the angels seems to be having a good time.

As we travelled here because of some complications to our trip planning we had a taxi trip through the city of Blackpool. I must say that it appeared on that sunny day every bit a resort beach town complete with tacky rides and bright colors. It was a hoot and over the top in terms of flamboyant, hedonistic kitch. It is truly ironic that we are planning a deeply spiritual gathering in this setting of superficial merrymaking. I'll be interested in getting all of your opinions on the place.In contrast, I believe that the WHC premises is quite dignified and beautiful, so don't think that we will be praying and meditating to the sounds of roller coasters full of screaming teens in the background. I think once you get off the beachfront, it is a very different place. All will be quiet and dignified. And for those of who want to let your hair down, you'll have plenty of options for that. After all I'm sure we are not that stodgy are we ;) ?

We took the train from Manchester airport to Blackpool. The station is very conveniently located next to the airport. One piece of advice for the train goers, make sure you are on the train that goes to Pleasure beach rather than Blackpool North. BN is a little out of your way if you are staying at the Royal or the Waldorf, although you can get a taxi from there to your hotel for about 10 pounds. The train seems to leave every hour on the half hour.

Jeanne and I and Tim are going to be giving a presentation about Divine Love this evening in the city of Cork. We mistakenly drove up there last night and were feeling very anxious to arrive since we were late because of bad traffic in the city and we had also taken a very scenic but circuitous route. I could hear peals of laughter from Goldie as we aggressively tried to maneuver through the traffic. We showed up 5 minutes late to discover that we were actually almost 24 hours early :lol: . We all had a good laugh over that although I think Tim was a bit red faced. We also discovered a mix up in the room booking so our presence was perhaps fortuitous so that we could clear that up. Maybe this false start was guided.

Soon we will be all together. The excitement is building here. We are praying each day that you will all be carried and surrounded by the angels on your journeys. I hope they will be peaceful and easy. I'm looking so forward to seeing you all and introducing our new good friends Tim and his family to you. I hope this feeling of comfortable rapport will extend to all our spiritual family that is coming together in that crazy, kitschy place called Blackpool.

Much love to all my friends new and old.........Al
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Oh, Ireland, my home away from home! Al, your description of that beautiful island nation is spot on! Being of Irish descent (my father was 100% Irish, my grandparents born in Ireland), I hold that place very near and dear to my heart. The people of Ireland are truly special and appear just as you describe. I met some young (in their 20s) men, who would literally give you the shirt of their back. I was driving through Limerick on the way to Bunratty Castle when we stopped for a pint at a well-known pub, Durty Nellys. We ended up closing the place down (as somehow they twisted my arm and got me at the piano :lol: ) Anyways, the pub was closing and we had no place to stay, and these young lads invited us back to their 5-bedrooom home and gave us each a bedroom to sleep in!

I know that Geoff has coined the phrase about Gibsons being the place where heaven meets the earth, but there is a reason why they call the Emerald Isle "a little bit of heaven".
Sure, a little bit of heaven fell
From out the sky one day
And it nestled on the ocean
In a spot so far away

And when the angels found it
Sure, it looked so sweet and fair
They said, "Suppose we leave it
For it looks so peaceful there"
It can be a very spiritual place, and I'm sure you could feel that the minute you touched the green, green sod of Ireland.

We will see you Friday night!

Love and Ireland-homesick hugs, :mrgreen:
Dennis
Sandy
Busy Bee

Post by Sandy »

It`s tuesday morning 10.30a.m. right now here in Germany, and in not much more than 48 hours I will be able to exchange first hugs with some of you ...
Am I getting excited? Y E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last (now rather worldly than spiritual) arrangements are being made: ... Definitive need: A new umbrella! (My old one got holes in it. :o ) ... And does the same multi-country-usable electrical plug adapter I used in the US also include a plug for the UK? *wondering* ... Warm socks - where have they hidden again in that drawer???? :? ...
No, I don`t mean to bore you, just wanted to take the opportunity to wish all of you who are coming to Blackpool very safe and pleasant flights, rides & checking-ins. Weather forecasts are predicting a short rain-free periode on Saturday and temperature highs around ~15-16 degrees celsius. The Love will keep us all warm and comfortable.

Until then ......................... :D
My God is LOVE.