Mind vs. Soul

A forum for Al to post his musings
AlFike
Site Admin

Mind vs. Soul

Post by AlFike »

There has been a strong message from the angels of late to plumb the depths of our souls in search of our soul consciousness. What a challenging invitation this is. Since we live in a material world primarily focussed on material concerns, thoughts and stimuli, focussing on our soul awareness is not easy. I believe that I would be safe to say that we all are materially mind oriented and that we get glimpses of soul consciousness but we certainly don't operate to any great degree from that place. Sure we want to be there, our aspirations and prayers are for this awareness to be with us daily and the angels seem to think that we are capable of this. Essentially I believe that the goal is the integration of both mind and soul consciousness into a smoothly articulate state of being. My own interpretation of what I'm presently doing says that I compartmentalize my consciousness. I'm mostly in my head and occasionally aware that I'm operating not exclusively from my soul but that I'm partially there. Its a different sort of consciousness, not linear and I feel expansive when I'm there. It feels like my mind is observing my soul and my soul is smiling up to my mind. A handshake of sorts where there is room for both. The soul seems like the little brother to my mind which most definitely has the upper hand and after all these years my mind is finally making room for little brother soul. It is accepting the soul as a part of the family if you will. This sounds a bit schizophrenic but I think that in this transition phase, it will undoubtable feel weird and a little disorienting. I'm also not suggesting that the soul lies hidden most of the time. I feel a mild and constant burning in my chest and a sense of there being a sort of power plant humming away there. It emanates good feelings of joy and excitement. Those sensations may fade as I go about my daily life but are never far from my consciousness. I carry this energy packet with me, its inside me almost like a pregnancy. Instead of my belly growing, my chest is expanding and there is an unmistakable sense that all is right with me. I sense contentment and rightness. I am connected to the Creator and He is my Father.

It took many years to come to this place of awareness which I'm sure is just a few steps off of our normal earthly consciousness. It was hard won, although I'm sure that if I tried harder I would be much further ahead. This system, like most things in the economy of God's Creation, requires input and energy. Rather than go full steam ahead for all of my life, it is more like a big push to begin with, losing momentum later on then leveling out then building back up to a good head of steam. So my consciousness has reflected that pattern in my life. I focus and then I get distracted. My humanness dictates this inconsistency and I know that I'm not alone. We tend to lose touch with our soul desires and consciousness with the least upset, distraction and disappointment. Thank God that He and the angels are all patient and loving ,otherwise we would all be lost in that sea of the human condition. We do not do it alone, we are supported in such powerful and loving ways that it is almost too overwhelming to acknowledge. It is in this support where the angels come close and overshadow us and where I think we begin to confuse our own soul condition and awareness with that of our angel friends. Their presence helps us to be lifted out of whatever human funk we find ourselves in and we then fool ourselves into thinking that this is our true state of being where nothing can be further from the truth. We are in truth a bundle of desires, aspirations, semi erroneous thoughts, fears and judgements . We also contain a soul imbued with many potentials waiting for that spark of life that is God's Love. With enough of that volatile fuel in our souls we begin to shift in our thinking and to a degree recognize the consciousness of the soul. It creeps up on us and surprizes us with its beautiful presence. The trick is to be able to discern who is communicating and in a state of rapport. Is a spirit influencing us in this way or are we doing this ourselves through our own souls communication with God? I know that this gets a little confusing and convoluted and maybe not worth worrying about. I'll take all the love, good feelings and information I can get :) . Yet we do need to develop discernment if we are to come to that place of recognition of our true soul's consciousness.....the mind of the soul.

I've had experiences where I am able to see/recognize a truth or situation or person in a way that does not include a stream of thoughts, one related to the other which in time comes to a conclusion or semblance of truth. It just comes in one big package and I think that it comes from my soul. It may be channeled through my soul from God or spirit but it feels like it bubbles up from that place that isn't all mind and up here above my shoulders. Is this soul consciousness or an experience of angelic communication and influence or is it both? I think that the angels keep communicating in this way in order to help us flex our soul muscles. They tutor us in the way of the soul and we are probably aware of a fraction of what they do to open up these faculties. Of course all is determined by our persistent and sincere prayer for the Love. Nothing happens of much consequence otherwise.

Many perceptions originate from the soul. Our inner sight, our ability to feel close to God and spirit and that wonderful flow of Love which comes through us to others. We are guided by being open and allowing God to influence us through our souls to our minds. When it 'feels right' you can be sure that its our soul that feels the rightness and our minds that are picking up on this awareness. When we feel that wonderful flow of Love we are channeling it through our souls or rather God is doing this and the more that we engage in this act, exercising those soul faculties/muscles, the stronger it gets. The stronger the experience becomes and the more used to it we become, the soul then has the foothold needed in our consciousness to gain its intended place in our daily state of being. So as in receiving the Love, it is an incremental evolving thing determined by our conscious participation and desire to be in that state of grace. We grow into soul consciousness as our soul minds expand through development and expression. The path to enlightenment is endless as we know and these few crucial steps make many of us the vanguards for a revolution of consciousness on our planet. The toppling of the tyranny of the mind may be at hand if we are all willing to dedicate ourselves to the exploration of soul consciousness. Viva the revolution my friends. 8-)

Nothing worth having comes without some form of struggle. In this case the gains are something priceless and mind blowing. We all have received hints of the potential of the soul. Now we need to place our faith forward so that we allow ourselves the space to explore what soul consciousness is. Its no easy task but God and the angels have our backs and we will succeed if we get with the program. Please keep praying for the Love and put away your fear and skepticism of what that may bring. Your soul is eager to emerge and embrace your mind. God looks forward to that day my friends. May we all eagerly anticipate it as well. May God bless all those that try. With love........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
DennisT
Family

Re: Mind vs. Soul

Post by DennisT »

Beautifully written, my friend. Yes, it is a struggle! I wish it weren't so, but it is very difficult for me to have even a glimpse of soul consciousness. :o There are those of you who have been on this path for decades, and at that rate, I'll be in the spirit realms long before I get the glimpse of soul consciousness that you describe. I have a theory that the more modern our times, the more distractions there are, constantly pulling at our material minds for attention. I can hear the newbies now, "Mind versus Soul, isn't there an App for that???" :lol: :lol: :lol:

We live in a world of instant gratification. We want things, and we want them now. Why, at work the other day, I found a woman standing next to the microwave shouting, "Come on! I don't have all minute!!!" :mrgreen:

But there must be a way to bring the new folks along this path, a book, training, treatise, something that can assist those praying for the Father's Love and trying to recognize any milestone that we are indeed making progress to such soul perception. I already hear one answer, pray, pray, and pray some more. :P

So for now, Al, I revel in the description of your glorious experiences, and I continue to pray that, whether here or in the next world, I reach that stage of soul awareness, soul perception, and soul growth! I just want to be a redeemed child of the Father! Is that asking too much? :o

Love and hugs to all, and looking forward to the discussion.

Dennis
KevinO
Family

Post by KevinO »

Thanks Al for voicing and shedding some light on a topic I'm sure we all will be experiencing at some point.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yup, Dennis and Kevin, we all have the potential to experience life in this way. Of course our minds do hold us back and I think that many of us fear the reality our awakened souls may bring into our consciousness. After all, it is about giving up control to some degree. Being a bit of a control freak myself, it has been a long and arduous journey to allow the unfolding of this new consciousness. Hey, if I can do this anyone can but don't think that I now live in two worlds. I still jump back and forth and compartmentalize these things giving much more credence to my mental perceptions. It will always be a battle but as the Love permeates all those nooks and crannies of me, the mind will inevitably give over to the soul. I'm not holding my breath but certainly anticipate lots of changes and shifts. If this Love is real then we must expect no less. Keep praying guys, you'll get there . We'll all get there in our own way and our own time. God is patient and loving so He'll let you go at your own pace. May He bless your journey my dear friends. Its a great ride :) . Much love......Al
Pamela
Happy Camper

Post by Pamela »

I believe our mind or soul is our spiritual brain that is probably why people can have a near death example and still remember it. It isn't their physical brain that remembers but their mind or soul that remembers.

We are a three part being. We live in a body which is our earth suit and we are a spirit and our mind or soul is our thoughts and emotions.

Some people believe the soul is higher then the spirit. I believe the spirit is higher then the soul because the spirit is the real you and me. Our soul is a part of a spirit like our brain is a part of our body.

A soul can also be human or animal spirit and a spirit a spirit of an angel and God. There are different Hebrew words for soul and spirit. A ghost is also the same word as soul just like present and gift are the same words.
Pamela
BAT
Happy Camper

Post by BAT »

How can you be sure? Do you really know what is Soul, mind, and Spirit? Could the Soul and Spirit and Mind be three different things? What if your beliefs on them are wrong?

I don't know the true difference yet, nor can human words define them. I don't truly understand what they are either. Even Jesus through James Padgett had a hard time describing the Soul in human language.
Loren
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

As time goes on Bat, you get a sense of these things. My essay may be all wrong since I am just a toddler on this path but I think that you can get a sense of where I'm coming from. You will have to experience these things for yourself and if you want to compare with my experience then we could certainly continue this conversation. Worrying whether I am right or wrong in this regard is not really relevant. I'm right in as much as I'm being honest with my perceptions regarding these subjects. I could very well be wrong in the eyes of someone else but I'm not so concerned about that. If what I say encourages you or another reader to contemplate and explore the subject then I'm happy that I've inspired ( or riled up) someone else's curiosity. That is my only intent in writing in this way. There are no authorities here, just those willing to share their experiences and perspectives. I've been at this for several decades so I think that I can speak from a place of experience. Again, I could be barking up the wrong tree but I know that in time and with faith that the truth will become clear. So far I'm well aware that my eyes are only open a little. With love......Al
Pamela
Happy Camper

Post by Pamela »

BAT wrote:How can you be sure? Do you really know what is Soul, mind, and Spirit? Could the Soul and Spirit and Mind be three different things? What if your beliefs on them are wrong?

I don't know the true difference yet, nor can human words define them. I don't truly understand what they are either. Even Jesus through James Padgett had a hard time describing the Soul in human language.
The best think to do is buy a Strong's or Young's accordance and look up soul and spirit and study the Hebrew words.
In Judasim they have different words describing soul and spirit.
can
There is a word that means the same as animal soul and human soul. And those churches who believe that animals don't have souls are completely wrong.

I have a near death video on people who had a near death experience and saw their pets in heaven. I am looking forward to seeing my pets again when I get there. I could be happy just living in animal heaven. Animals can be more loving beings then humans.
Pamela
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Regarding the difference between soul and spirit, here is a bit of insight from one of the Padgett messages:
It is said that man is composed of body, soul and spirit, and this is true. From your life’s experience you know what the body is, and I have told you what the soul is, and now the question arises, what is the spirit? I know that there have been for centuries great differences of opinion among theologians and other wise men as to what the spirit is; some contending that it and the soul are the same thing, and others, that the spirit is the real ego of man and the soul something of less quality and subordinate to the spirit, and others having other views, and all wrong, for as I have said the soul is the ego,[*] and everything else connected with man and forming a part at his creation when he was pronounced to be “very good,” is subordinate to the soul, and only its instrumentality for manifesting itself.

As Jesus has told you, the spirit is the active energy of the soul and the instrumentality by which the soul manifests itself; and this definition applies to the spirit of man while a mortal as well as when he becomes an inhabitant of the spirit world. The spirit is inseparable from the soul, and has no function in the existence of man, except to make manifest the potentialities of the soul in its activities. Spirit is not life, but it may become an evidence of life - it is life’s breath.
And as man was created in the image of his Maker - and as spirit is only the active energy of the soul, by the application of the principle of correspondences, which one of your former psychics declared to exist, it may be assumed and it is truth, that the Holy Spirit is the active energy of the Great Soul of the Father, and, as we know from our experiences and observations, is used as the messenger of the Father to convey to mankind His Divine Love.
[*] Please see editorial note in the original message regarding the ego.
(https://new-birth.net/padgetts-messages ... ol-1-pg76/)

We are all in a state of spiritual growth and soul development, and with it increased understanding of spiritual matters through soul perceptions -- though this growth will continue indefinitely for all eternity. I like to compare spiritual understanding to the light spectrum. We see an infinitesimal part with our senses or with the help of instruments, but an enormous part is non-perceivable to us.

Love,
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Eva wrote: As Jesus has told you, the spirit is the active energy of the soul and the instrumentality by which the soul manifests itself; and this definition applies to the spirit of man while a mortal as well as when he becomes an inhabitant of the spirit world. The spirit is inseparable from the soul, and has no function in the existence of man, except to make manifest the potentialities of the soul in its activities. Spirit is not life, but it may become an evidence of life - it is life’s breath.
Dear Eva,

Spirit as a word is probably one of the trickiest words we have. For example here we read spirit is inseparable from soul, and is somehow its energising factor. Yet we also know animals do not have souls, as we use that word to describe what we humans have, because it was the arrival of a soul that turned an animal into man. Yet animals do have an energising spirit, and this is described by Jesus in Love Without End. Apparently when animals die, in some strange fashion this energy goes back to a pool of animal spirit energy. And in spite of Pamela believing animals have souls, because some animal forms are found in the spirit world, we know this is not true. These are thought forms - creations by humans. A soul is a very special thing, and it is how we were "created in His image", because Father is Soul.

hugs
Geoff