Prayers for Dennis and his Mom

Basically anything goes here.
AlFike
Site Admin

Prayers for Dennis and his Mom

Post by AlFike »

Please pray for Dennis and for his mother who passed away yesterday. Its a great comfort knowing as we do of the after life but our grief is still very real. May Dennis and his family find peace and assurance that God is taking good care of Rose Tormey , beloved mother and grandmother. Our prayers are with you all.
Endless journey,endless Love.
dmreed2
Family

Re: Prayers for Dennis and his Mom

Post by dmreed2 »

My deepest condolences for Dennis Susie and family. I'm sure his mother is surrounded by loved ones and angels and feeling lots of love pouring out to her.

Love and hugs,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hugs for Dennis and Susie and their family.

Geoff
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Thank you, everyone, for your heartfelt thoughts and prayers!

This was the most difficult thing I've ever had to face in my lifetime, watching a loved one die. However, my strength came from continuous prayers to the Father for an abundance of outpouring of His Love for my mother and family, as well as the help of all of His angels of mercy to assist Mom in her transition to the spirit realms. For those of you who did not have the great pleasure of meeting my mom, below is a relatively recent photo as well as the little write up my eldest brother, Bob, wrote for the newspaper. To quote one of my friends, "an ordinary woman who lived an extraordinary life!"

Thanks again, with love and hugs,

Dennis

Mary E. Tormey: a nun, a teacher, a career girl, a wife and homemaker, a mom, grandmother, and great-grandmother. Born August 2, 1923, in Washington, D.C., the first child of Martha and William Scarry would soon move to Erie, PA. Growing up in a Catholic family, Mary loved school and especially the Benedictine Sisters. Their devotion inspired her to join the order as a Catholic nun. Her love of teaching children, especially a class of 50 boys, eventually led to her decision to leave the order and a begin a family.

While working for the Erie Times, she met a dashing World War II vet, Robert DePaul Tormey, when he delivered sports news to the newspaper. They fell in love, married, and the children came. With two young kids in tow, Bob and Mary headed to California to begin Bob’s career with General Motors. In a small house in Downey, CA, they raised their eight kids where Mary somehow found time to cook complete dinners from scratch every night, clean house, while doing laundry for seven boys and one girl, never missing packed lunches for all the kids, and still participating in church and school events. What an extraordinary time consuming juggling act that brings to mind what they use to say about Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, “she did everything he did, just did it backwards and in high heels.”

With her children off in college and starting families of their own, Bob and Mary moved to Escondido CA in 1982. With her husband critically ill, and the need to learn to drive, Mary got her first driver’s license at age 60. The same year she got her ears pierced for the first time!

The ensuing years brought many large family gatherings, including her brother’s children, where her love of family continues to inspire us. Besides her love of family, her secret to a long and happy life was simple: Red wine and dark chocolate: It’s good for your heart!

Mary Ellen; one caring, compassionate, determined and dependable, generous, fun loving, hard working, inspiring, unconditional loving, and strong-willed mom, grandmother, and great-grandmother. The role model for a new generation of Moms.

In her last hours, Mary had only one concern, that her eight children, Bob, Kathy, Tom, Bill, Don, Dick, Dennis and Tim, 16 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren were all safe and sound. A very strong and abiding love of family that was deeply rooted and reflected in a poem she wrote as a student decades ago:

“In a tiny corner of heaven,
one all pink and white and blue,
and with gold and silver lining,
from the gold dust God made you.”

Now that tiny corner of heaven has a special Mom that continues to watch over us.
JAB
Family

Post by JAB »

Hi Dennis,

Continuing to hold you and family in prayers, hugs with love.

Tell your brother, Bob, for me, that I thoroughly enjoyed reading what he wrote so beautifully about your mom ... and I hope the newspaper article brings joy and inspiration to the hearts of many readers.

Love to you and your family,
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Dearest Dennis and Suzy,
What a beautiful tribute! I am sure you brought your mom great JOY! Even though we didn't meet in person I do feel I know her....perhaps we met in spirit at some joyous celebrations! We are keeping you close at this time and offering up all our prayers to you and your family. God Bless! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you for adding this Dennis. It helped me to get a better picture of your mom who was indeed a great lady. Our prayer continue to be with you my friend. Much love to you, Suzie and the whole family . May your Christmas bring a lighter heart to all. God bless......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Dear Dennis and Suzy,
Thank you for sharing the lovely tribute to your mother. She was born the same year as my dad -- only 4 months later. I know that when the time comes for him to pass over, we too will miss him sorely. So you both have my deep sympathy and prayers. May you and the whole family be comforted at this time in your loss and sorrow.
Love, Eva
Jane
Family

Post by Jane »

Dennis my heart goes out to you. Losing a parent truly is one of the most difficult things in life. Thank you for sharing the story of your mom's life, she sounds like an amazing woman--an inspiration--and surely she has been enveloped with love since arriving home.
I will continue to pray for her, and especially for you and your living relatives who are grieving the loss.
Big hugs, brother.
God bless you
Love,
Jane
With God, anything is possible
KevinO
Family

Post by KevinO »

Dear Dennis, I'm so sorry for your loss; your mom sounds like an awesome person. I can hardly wait to meet her, though I must. May your grief be short and sweet, knowing she's still near, still mothering, and still within your calling area. My prayers are with you all.