Please pray for our son Eric

Basically anything goes here.
jeanne
Family

Please pray for our son Eric

Post by jeanne »

Dear Ones,

It is with a heavy heart that I invite your prayerful support for our son Eric.

Eric was arrested from his bed yesterday in the middle of the night and will spend the next 30 days incarcerated for breaching his parole conditions. His urinalysis test confirmed he had been smoking pot; his text messages confirmed he had been drinking alcohol and sleeping in places other than those approved by his parole officer.

Al and I, as painful as it is, fully support the parole officer’s decision. She is being proactive and wants to get Eric back on track and prevent any backsliding. Eric spent last night in a cell in Sechelt and will be shipped out to a regional institution in the Vancouver area today. The officers who arrested him, and later, the sheriff who called me allowed Eric his dignity – no handcuffs and demonstrated a respectful demeanor. I hope they do not handcuff him on the ferry today as he knows many of the crew and probably, some of his fellow travellers.

This means Eric won’t be home for the long awaited Christmas dinner (last time he had Christmas dinner with us was 7 years ago) and most likely there will be no opportunity for Al and I, Terry and Barb to visit him because it takes approximately 2 months to get approval for visits in these large institutions. From the assessment centre, Eric will likely be transferred to another institution and we don't know where it will be -- could be anywhere in our province. Hopefully he has enough money on him to use the phone. We invite you to join with us in prayer that his compassionate employer will keep his job open for him and that all the people in the community so anxious to support him will not condemn him, but continue to encourage him on his return. We are praying that Eric will choose to be in The Light and strong enough to withstand negative forces. We are also praying that Eric will be returned to live with us again.

Many thanks, beloved friends.....Eric believes it is all of your prayers that saved him before.... and he has been praying too. Your prayerful support means the world to Al and I. With love and gratitude, always, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Maureen
Site Admin

Re: Please pray for our son Eric

Post by Maureen »

Praying for All!!

Maureen
Vee
Happy Camper

Post by Vee »

What a shock this must be for you all, but as you say, it is better to tackle it now before further backsliding.It could be worse than pot and alcohol. Of course my thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Much love,
Vee.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Gee its tough, but not just tough on Eric, but especially tough on you guys. Lets pray that he choses the light, as going this other way will bring only more hardship.
Praying for all of you.

hugs
Geoff
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Dear Jeanne and Al,
I will keep Eric in my prayers. He has made major strides forward in his recovery and I was so excited for him when he was released. This is sad news but I'm sure God has him in His embrace and this step backwards is only temporary. God bless you and Eric.
with love,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
KevinO
Family

Post by KevinO »

How my heart aches for you and Eric.I pray he quickly regains his footing on the Lighted path that is surely his destiny to tread. He could hardly stray far with the Love and support of you angels on Earth and those that surround him always. May God's ministering Angels uphold you all through these trying times. Love, Kevin
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Dear Jeanne and Al,
I didn't know till now and my heart aches for both of you and Eric, as well as the rest of your family. But I too hope that this is just a temporary setback after such a wonderful start following his release before, during and after the retreat. Perhaps he just needed a reminder that certain actions are not acceptable and that the results of unwise actions may not be far behind. I have been remembering Eric in my prayers from time to time and certainly will do so now -- and you both as well.
Much love, Eva
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Al and I spoke with Eric this morning and he is grateful for your prayers. He is in a tiny cell with a small bed and toilet, depressing and very sobering for him. No visitors, no phone calls, no mail, no gym and less than half the calories (mostly unwanted carbs) than he's been used to having since last July. He started a life skills program today but has not been seen or interviewed by any staff at the facility. He doesn't know if he'll be staying there or transferred somewhere else and he doesn't know how long he will be in custody. We are praying he will be placed in a treatment program.... hopefully a weekly program here on the coast where he will also be able to continue working. His compassionate employer is keeping his job open for him because he appreciates what a hard worker Eric is. Again, many thanks for your continued prayers which mean the world to us. Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

We will certainly keep Eric and all of your family in our prayers.

Love and miss you guys!

Dennis