Please send our son Eric a Christmas card!

Basically anything goes here.
jeanne
Family

Please send our son Eric a Christmas card!

Post by jeanne »

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your prayers for our son Eric and our family. If you are one to send Christmas cards, please consider sending one to Eric who is in Matsqui prison in Canada. God willing, this is Eric’s 4th and last Christmas spent in jail….we believe he is more than ready to come home. Eric’s statutory release date is July 14, 2015 and we are hopeful he will come home to live with us in Gibsons when he is released although he may have to do some time at a half way house in the city.

Your prayers, the cards and letters he has received these past years from many of you mean everything to him; our friends in this forum have given Eric hope, have helped him develop and strengthen his faith! If you have sent a card or letter before had it returned, the prison is very strict! No glue, don’t insert postage stamps, no glitter, no metal!

Eric loves the funny ones and he loves receiving mail from around the world. Postage stamps are removed before he gets the mail.

His address is:

Eric Fike
Matsqui Institution
33344 King Road
Abbotsford, B.C. V2S 8A3

Many thanks for considering this request! Most of all, thank you for your prayers!
Love always, always love, Jeanne :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Eva
Family

Re: Please send our son Eric a Christmas card!

Post by Eva »

Hello Jeanne,
My heart goes out to you and Al in this trial. I have just written a note to Eric and will post it tomorrow. May he be strengthened in mind and spirit, be given peace, and upon being released, may he find his feet and yet contribute to the society in a positive way based on the lessons learned. Some people have done exactly that -- turned their life around and used their past experience to help others not to repeat the same mistakes. May the same happen with Eric.
Wishing you love and blessings,
Eva
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thank you, Eva. Your heartfelt message brings me to tears and I believe the loving kindness you are sending will touch Eric too. With deepest gratitude, Jeanne
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thank you Jeanne -- the letter is on its way to Canada now.

When you communicate with Eric, feel free to convey to him my thoughts expressed above as I didn't put them in the letter. Looking at them now, I can see how they could give him hope and something to think about for the future.

Prisons can be very soul-destroying and dehumanizing institutions that do nothing to prepare the inmates for normal life. Therefore many return to a life of crime because they can't cope. A touching and profound movie that Alex and I have seen comes to mind. It shows how despite dire circumstances, a prisoner (or anyone else) can transcend the outside conditions -- it is all a matter of perspective. The website with all the details is http://thestateofillusion.com/product/p ... usion-dvd/. Eric may not be able to see it till he gets home (though it should be compulsory viewing at the prison I think ;) ) you may be able to convey some of the ideas by way of encouragement.

With my love and prayers for your family,
Eva
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Eva. The movie looks really good and we will try and get it. Have you had experience in the social services sector? You sound quite knowledgeable about the such things or are you a social activist like the rest of us? Keep it coming Eva. Much love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Al, no I haven't worked in Social Services, but just picked up information and understanding from various experiences and interactions with others. Alex and I used to correspond with two prisoners over the years -- one in America, a Christian, possibly converted in prison, as sometimes happens, who apparently was technically innocent of the crime, but found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. :( The other one was in the Czech Republic (the country of my origin) -- I forgot the details of his situation, but remember his sharing what the situation in the prison was like and his concerns about adjusting after being released -- as nothing was done in the prison -- such as skill development, counselling, or even a giving the prisoners something to keep occupied -- to prepare people for reentering the society. He was released a couple of years ago, but we lost track of him after that, so don't know what happened.

Love and blessings,
Eva
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Hi Jeanne and Al,

I'm happy to send Eric a Christmas card. :D

with love and holiday cheer,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Jeanne and Al,

In this context, you may enjoy a touching poem by John O'Donahue, found at https://www.facebook.com/CoyoteNetworkN ... 4581060073

Love and blessings,
Eva
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

thank you Eva!! Al and I just got home on the ferry to our little patch of paradise after a long day in the city. My friend's funeral --with about 100 former colleagues I used to work with at the reception! Al saw "Carol" in spirit -- looking beautiful and bright. I'm sure she went to a beautiful place! We look forward to catching our breath and getting caught up on Sunday (another long day tomorrow!!) . Many thanks, dear heart! Many thanks! I look forward to finding that movie and reading the poem! Keep 'em coming and thanks in advance for your patience in responding! Love Jeanne :P