Please pray for my dad's upcoming surgery

Basically anything goes here.
Eva
Family

Please pray for my dad's upcoming surgery

Post by Eva »

Dear prayer friends,

My 96-year-old dad, Henry, has a laser surgery (scheduled some weeks ago) to fragment and remove a sharp stone in his urinary bladder on Thursday morning our time (in about 48 hours). It will be done under anaesthetic and he will stay overnight. Things can go wrong -- the info sheet we were given mentions a number of risks. Please pray that the doctors are guided and all, including the recovery, goes without problems.

Thank you very much.
Love,
Eva
Geoff
Family

Re: Please pray for my dad's upcoming surgery

Post by Geoff »

Dear Eva,

Sure will. Yes risks escalate seriously with age. Even minor procedures.

hugs
Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thank you, Geoff.
Love,
Eva
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thank you everyone for your prayers. My dad’s operation went well. Yesterday morning, we left extra early in case there was work traffic congestion, but had a smooth drive in. Even though we were almost an hour early arriving, we didn’t have to wait and the check-in steps too went very smoothly. We learned today that he had to wait till 1 pm for his turn – he was third in line for the morning surgery schedule. He found the anesthetic and the numbness unpleasant and even frightening, but it seems like the surgery itself went well. They also changed his catheter from urethral to pubic because of his enlarged prostate, so the incision needs healing.

We got back to the hospital around noon today and he was glad to see us and more than ready to go home! We drove back just before the rush hour was beginning. He suggested a place for dessert so we stopped at one of our favorites -- a seaside place. The weather was just picture perfect, sunny and not hot or cold, so we ate and then walked around the park, basking in the sun and enjoying the fresh seaside breeze. Then we took him home and drove home ourselves, a bit tired but grateful that all has gone well. Please pray for smooth follow-up healing and no complications. He is now on no pharma medications, which is wonderful, because some of his recent issues were caused by meds. He is doing amazingly well for his age – even several people at the hospital commented on that. We hope that after this, following his recovery, he (and ourselves) will be able to get back to a more even-keel life.

Love,
Eva