Speaking with pastor

Basically anything goes here.
Susan
Family

Speaking with pastor

Post by Susan »

Hi friends! Well I'm speaking to my pastor tomorrow about the Judas book. Should be interesting. I'd appreciate your prayerful support in me being loving, compassionate, wise, and courageous. Thanks!
PlenaryGrace
Family

Re: Speaking with pastor

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Fantastic! Sending prayers!
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Susan

I wonder how that went?

hugs
Geoff
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Yes! Eager to know...

Love,
Cate
Susan
Family

Post by Susan »

Thank you much for prayers friends! The meeting with my pastor went very well I think. My main focus and prayer was to be loving, compassionate, understanding, confident, and authentic. I felt quite comfy in the conversation and I think some things caught him off guard in terms of the "normal" discrepancies people may have with Christianity versus the issues I brought up. He had a definite concern for me and my change of beliefs, which I anticipated, but I know his heart is in the right place. Our discussion concluded with him wanting to meet more to discuss "truth" with an open heart. Then he prayed. He also gave me a giant book to read, which I will, since he read much of the Judas book. There's the brief update for anyone who was wondering. :) In truth, I believe the meeting was as much for me as it was planting seeds for him. You see I have always more or less lived my beliefs but never talked about them openly unless someone specifically asked. And with my beliefs being quite different compared to my pastor's, I never would've challenged him in such a way. But it just so happened that he found out about my spiritual changes and asked to discuss them with me. There's the shortened version of my story. :D
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Susan for the update. If you convert a Pastor, you will be in a very elite category. These guys don't change easily. Joseph Babinsky comes to mind and he switched his alliances within the Christian church 2 or 3 times before becoming a Divine Love follower. I'm sure it is a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' approach on the part of the pastor but I love your enthusiasm and your pluck and courage to state your truth. The world needs more like you dear Susan. Planting seeds indeed. Much love and all the best to you and yours for 2019 :) . Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

I salute your courage, Susan! Glad your pastor was respectful. At least he wanted to listen! I'm pretty sure I've never had a pastor who would bother.

Love and hugs,

Cate