Jimbeau's open heart surgery

Basically anything goes here.
Geoff
Family

Jimbeau's open heart surgery

Post by Geoff »

I got a message from Jimbeau, not very long, received about 20 minutes ago:
in hospital at Pali Momi ….will be moved to Straub Hospital on Monday for open heart bypass later in week ….
The background is they did nothing at all on Thursday, but when his GP saw the report he went ballistic, and I have to say I think he is right on this. He suspects a stent has failed, and they (the guys who wanted to put in more stents) are being far too casual. But I don't know if he is in hospital as a precaution, or has had another trigger event. But please keep him constantly in your prayers, and especially when he is undergoing open heart surgery.

He did tell me that he could feel the presence of the angels last Thursday and even the medics seemed unusually upbeat.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Family

Re: Jimbeau's open heart surgery

Post by Geoff »

I emailed Michael Nedbal to ask if he knew more than Jimbeau is telling and he replied:
Hi Geoff,
Yes, I took Jimbeau to the hospital today. He was having issues last night. A couple of days ago he had an angioplasty procedure and the results were not good. He has to have bypass surgery. He is doing ok mentally, but his heart is not good. Some of the stents were occluded, so they can't simply add more stents. Sometime early next week he will have the operation. It will take him awhile to recover as he will be having open heart surgery. My dad had that and it takes time to recover.
Much love,
Michael
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Geoff for posting these details. He is in our prayers and thoughts always.

May our beautiful brother be completely healed and may the doctors and attendants be guided by the angels. May you be at peace and have the assurance that God will provide the means for your complete healing. I know that God has plans for you and you knows it too. I have faith that you will get there in due time. A little more to go my friend. Be of good faith and may you feel the closeness of the angels. Gods Hand is upon you my brother. Much love Al.
Endless journey,endless Love.
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

May God's Love envelope you, dear Jimbeau. And may the Angels be tangibly near these days.
Thinking of you,
in Love
Aire & Marion
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Praying for Jimbeau and all those who care for him, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. May all be uplifted by God's Love and ministered to and guided by the angels. Amen

Love,
Catherine
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

I got this update from Michael this morning:
I spent some time with Jimbeau last night. The doctors won't operate until next week because he was on blood thinners. Every night he has vasospastic angina, which is "a form of angina caused by coronary artery spasm, which consists of a sudden occlusive vasoconstriction of a segment of an epicardial artery, resulting in a dramatic reduction of coronary blood flow". So in addition to his blockages, he has this going on. I hope that the surgery will fix both. He needs our prayers and is scared but in a good space.
He has had quite a few visitors on Sunday (which was his birthday) and felt loved and encouraged.

Love,
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Thanks for the update Eva as that explains what is going on from a medical perspective.

I just spoke to Jimbeau on Skype today from his hospital bed. Once again his breathing was so difficult I had to talk while he listened. Naturally I was trying to discover exactly what would go on and yes the operation is Monday Hawaii time, and his son Adam will come and stay for about a week. It is very unsettling to see Jimbeau in such a poor state not withstanding he is in hospital. I sure hope that the one week recovery while Adam is around is going to be adequate, but I suspect it won't be. I sure wish I could just drop everything and go help him. He will need to be cared for until he is strong enough to deal with life himself, and of course he cant fly for several months.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes, thanks for these updates Geoff and Eva. I now realize that I could skype him as well but wonder if this is more of a stress to him than a benefit. He has been in my prayers daily and of course I've been wondering how things are going. Looking at my calendar, I could possibly squeeze up to a week over there and would be willing to go if needed. Luckily Hawaii is only a 5 hour flight from Vancouver. Might be able to do it on points as well. I'll keep the channels open to this possibility......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Michael mentioned the following last night -- which was encouraging after Geoff's post earlier.
Yes, he had some issues today, but at least now they know what is going on and how to treat it. I spoke with him on the phone and had a prayer with him this evening. He sounded good but tired. He has been having a lot of visitors and Skype calls. He is being flooded with love :)
Love,
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

We have post op feedback via Carolyn and Michael and then via Jeanne on WhatsApp:
Dear ones,

Jimbeau’s surgery turned out to be a triple bypass this morning as they found another blockage. They worked on another’s stent area that was inhibiting his breathing. He still has unresolved kidney issues.

He is expected to sleep another six hours and it may be possible for him to talk tomorrow.

Michael and Carolyn and his ex Terry took him to the hospital this morning and were still there when they called us. They spoke with the doctor after the surgery.

The operation is considered to be successful.

Please continue to pray for his recovery; Michael and Carolyn will continue to keep us updated.

Love and God bless
Jeanne