New Venture

Basically anything goes here.
Dean
Happy Camper

New Venture

Post by Dean »

Hi All -

I know I don't post much here as my work consumes most of my time. I have been working in Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for the past two years as a counselor. I never thought that my desire to do spiritual direction back when I was in college and seminary 25 years' ago would look like what I am doing now. I am actually doing exactly what I wanted to then, just not in the setting I imagined. I believe that people with substance use problems are actually highly sensitive and highly spiritual people. I have a "spiritualist" conversation with a good 80 percent of my clients at some point during their treatment. I essentially give them the information from the Padgett Messages but without religious language. Many people wind up in treatment having felt abandoned by God and I work with them on their image of God and of themselves. I see my work as assisting people who are in the hells, many have heavy spirit influence, and I offer them information that they can use to get out and/or get rid of the negative influences. I mostly share with them about the Law of Attraction and show them how they can experiment for themselves with it. For the ones that are ready I share the Prayer for Divine Love with them and even refer them to www.new-birth.net. I try to be pragmatic and non-threatening.

Two requests:

(1) I would appreciate your prayers for this new venture in which I will be able to teach all my stuff, all the time. Currently I am confined by the program I work for. www.sirius-recovery.org is my website where you can read more.

(2) If you find this ministry/mission to be compelling consider donating to help fund our start-up costs. You can do so via PayPal from the website or at https://www.gofundme.com/sirius-recovery your contribution will benefit people by giving them information and tools to progress on their spiritual path.

Thank you for your help,

- Dean Sims
281-780-9014
- Dean
281|780|9014
Geoff
Family

Re: New Venture

Post by Geoff »

Good on you Dean, best of luck. While reading your web site, I was reminded of another fellow went down a "similar" path in that he developed a process, with angelic help, to assist those with sexual addictions. As you know and have expressed, addictions really have similar deep seated causes which typically need spiritual input to fix. I don't see him around much, and am thinking what his name is. When it comes to me I will see if he is a FB friend. Yeah its Will Sowle. He's listed as a FB friend of mine, but he's very low activity. Actually I am not sure its him, hmm, have to ask Jimbeau ifs he remembers cause the guy came to a retreat in Hawaii 2002.

hugs
Geoff
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Hi Dean,

That's wonderful that you are able to share the content of the Padgett messages with your clients. I will pray for your continued success and your new adventure. God Bless!

Love and hugs,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Dean,

My heart goes out to you and you can count on my prayers to sustain you in this great calling. I relate to everything you have said here....the issues you face with your clients as well as the issues you face struggling to provide treatment are all very near and dear to my heart. God bless you, Dean, and each and every one you are working with. God Bless others who are working with you and may God's Presence light your path, always. I hope that some day we will have the opportunity to meet and discuss your work in person! Bless you! Love and hugs Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Dean
Happy Camper

Post by Dean »

I appreciate your prayers and support. I know who you are referencing Geoff, can't think of his name right now either, but I have run across his website and/or e-book. I think it had "days to freedom" in it. If you think of let me know.

- Dean
- Dean
281|780|9014
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Good on you Dean for doing this work. My heart and prayers are with you here. Are you interested in a donation of a few of my books describing Divine Love in a more contemporary way? The Quiet Revolution of the Soul may reach some of your people. Geoff has a free PDF up at his site if you want to go through it first. If you are inclined, we'll mail you some copies. Hope this helps.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Dean
Happy Camper

Post by Dean »

Thanks for the encouragement Al and the offer. Do you have a link to where I can download a copy? I didn't find it on new-birth.net but I know Geoff has other sites. I would love to have a few copies after we open for the bookshelf.

- Dean
- Dean
281|780|9014
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Dean,

I don't yet have it on my site, but I will do so tomorrow. The reason I don't is I cant currently link to Amazon, because the Amazon Kindle is a stuff up, and I was waiting for it to be fixed. I will just put up a pdf and ePub, and wait for Amazon to tell us how to fix a mess we did not cause.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dean wrote:I appreciate your prayers and support. I know who you are referencing Geoff, can't think of his name right now either, but I have run across his website and/or e-book. I think it had "days to freedom" in it. If you think of let me know.

- Dean
Yeah you got it, its was something like that.

hugs
Geoff
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

So nice to hear from you, Dean.

It sounds like you are doing some difficult but amazing work. I know substance abuse is a large undertaking, and your words resonate with me as well. My county work with the Department of Behavioral Health deals exactly with substance abuse and the mental health issues of the population we serve. I know Jeanne probably had a number of similar programs with her former organization as well, and she can testify as to what a difference it makes for so many souls.

Best wishes for your success, and I will certainly add my prayers for you and those you serve in this endeavor.

Love and hugs,
Dennis