Request prayer for my daughter Julia

Basically anything goes here.
JAB
Family

Request prayer for my daughter Julia

Post by JAB »

Dear friends,

Several months back (March, if I remember), I asked for prayers for Julia. I ask again, please.

Julia is eighteen now, and this morning she burst into tears - the stress overwhelmed her, and the dam burst. Oh, I feel so helpless to see my daughter in this condition. She screamed and between sobs and tears, she said that nothing in her life is good. Her self-esteem hit bottom. She feels worthless. Life seems so dark to her.

Is this just a "teenage girl thing"? I don't know. I know she is fragile, or feels that she is. She seems to break easily, this is true. Oh, it's so hard to raise a daughter! I love her so much, and I feel she has so much talent and ability, but she keeps hiding it, rather than express it. As a young girl, she laughed and danced and sang. I don't see this anymore, and it hurts to see your daughter hurting.

Help me to pray, please ...
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
Geoff
Family

Re: Request prayer for my daughter Julia

Post by Geoff »

Dear Joseph,

I feel for you, but you will need to give her all the support you can. There must be an issue somewhere. Its quite possible that she is hurt by things that have occurred outside your loving home? Its a difficult time for young adults. Sigh. Mine hated his home at this age. Very hard to handle. I will add my prayers.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I'll pray for Julia . These phases and transitions in life are hard. At least Julia has a loving home and parents that she feels safe enough to let out her feelings. Just listening without judgement goes a long way to giving her comfort and validation. Our son continues to struggle but he does not seem close or trusting of us. This breaks my heart. At least you have a solid connection and she will benefit by your love Joseph.

In time the fears and frustrations will give way to joy . Things would be much worse if she kept it all inside. Every time she vents like that, she is helping to heal her pain and you are helping her by witnessing it.She seems like a sensitive soul and this harsh world is not very sympathetic to those who feel deeply. She will adjust and get stronger . May God give her the strength in the form of His Love pouring into her. That is my prayer. With love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

I too will keep Julia in my prayers.

Yes, it is hard to raise a daughter, and I can relate to the pain you must feel Joseph. My daughter is now 30, but she's still my baby, and when she has a broken heart, you cannot help but hurt for her.

We will uphold Julia in our thoughts and prayers, and just being there for her will mean a lot, Jospeh.

Love and hugs,

Dennis
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Joseph,
I'll keep Julia as well as you and your wife in my prayers. As Al said, the fact that she trusts you enough to share her deep feelings is a very positive thing and to your credit. She needs your and her mother's love, listening ear, acceptance, encouragement and support -- even if she may ultimately need to work out her issues herself. But I believe the above will go a long way toward being strengthened and healed.
Much love,
Eva