Prayer Request for Henry

Basically anything goes here.
Eva
Family

Prayer Request for Henry

Post by Eva »

I would like to request prayers for an elderly friend of ours – about 87 years old. His name is Henry Zehr and for the last few months I have been working with him on publishing his memoir. We talked to his wife a couple of nights ago and learned that he and his wife caught the flu about three weeks ago. Henry wasn’t recovering, and having chronic heart and lung problems was admitted to hospital. To make matters worse, in the hospital he caught some kind of a contagious virus, so is now in a quarantined area. That means visitors cannot go to his room, but see him only through a window. He is eating little and mostly sleeping, though he has felt slightly better the last day or two. His wife is understandably distraught because all this happened so quickly and suddenly. He has had a good long life but my prayer is that we can finish his book and get it into print before he leaves this earthly life.

Thank you for your prayers.
Love,
Eva
dmreed2
Family

Re: Prayer Request for Henry

Post by dmreed2 »

Hi Eva,
I'm placing Henry in my prayers.
Love and hugs,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
KevinO
Family

Post by KevinO »

I'll keep Henry and family in my prayers as well
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Adding my prayers for Henry.

Thank you for letting us know, Eva.

Love and hugs,

Dennis
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thank you David, Kevin and Dennis (and others who may have prayed) for your prayers for Henry. Sadly, this morning we learned that he passed away on Thursday night (two days ago in Australia). So please redirect your prayers to his wife Vera, daughter Jana, and other family members, as well as of course to his transition.

On a positive note, regarding Henry's memoir that I had been working with him on, I worked hard this week to put together a proof copy almost ready for printing. Luckily, and I dare say providentially, the last time I saw Henry before my going on retreat and his hospitalization, we were able to discuss most of the outstanding items for his book, and Henry had been able to go over most of my edits. Vera said that at the right time she'll talk to Henry's daughter Jana to see what she would like to do with the book. It will still be a lovely legacy for the family.

Love,
Eva