Please pray for our son Eric

Basically anything goes here.
jeanne
Family

Re: Please pray for our son Eric

Post by jeanne »

Thank you again for your continued prayers.....My heart is breaking - I feel Eric's struggles because I've struggled with food addiction all my life. I would be behind bars too, if measured by the same stick. Eric's wonderful employer just dropped off Eric's paycheck and has tried to intervene on Eric's behalf, but his calls are not returned. He will have to hire someone else to take Eric's place but said he will do all he can to keep Eric working when he gets out. His construction business is very busy. Al and I just can't see how going back to jail is going to help Eric. This is a personal message we received from Eric's guide, Aaron, at Judy's Healing Circle a few days ago:

Spirit: Aaron
Medium: Al Fike
Date: April 25, 2016

I have come because you have asked for my presence and asked for guidance for this dear soul who is my charge. The conditions of this world are difficult and each of you have had times in your life where you have struggled immensely with these conditions and as such it has allowed you to have empathy for others who struggle. And you feel a deep empathy for our dear son who does struggle in a deep well of darkness and pain. He does not feel worthy. He does not feel strong, yet he has many worthy attributes and strengths. He has a great potential to be an instrument of Light and change in this world given the choice to be with God. And so, we stand by his side. We continue our vigil, waiting for his choice and his desire that must well up from deep within him to make this choice to change those parts of him that are drawn to the darkness to escape from his own pain and vulnerability.

Yes, he has a deep sensitivity and many gifts which you must pray are developed and grow within the flow of God’s Love, that he may choose this road and take the high road, the road that will bring him true happiness, the road that will bring you all to at-onement with God. The power of free will, beloveds, such a great responsibility you all have for yourselves and your actions, your thoughts, and your deeds, and some have great strength and discipline. Others fall behind and are burdened and cause for their own selves great difficulties. And here you must have compassion and reach to your brothers and sisters who struggle in this world. Help to lift them up. Pray for them. Offer love, offer the truth of God’s Love. Show them the way to this redeeming Love.

We will remain with the dear soul. He will not be alone, I can assure you. And God’s Hand touches him, and when he is ready he will be lifted up and brought to a place of healing and balance and Love. You must continue with your prayer vigil, the flow of Love towards him and to have faith he will indeed overcome his great obstacles. The power of prayer, my beloveds, the power of your faith in God and your faith in him will help to lift him up and bring him to a place where he is able to make those choices for Light. There are often many setbacks in a life. And I know this instrument grows weary from all of these impacts and he must be strong. You all must be strong in your faith and love. Much love is given, much love is given. And you all are blessed. He is blessed. God blesses all His children who are receptive to His Touch. Continue in your prayers. Continue to keep those who are in need of your prayers in your thoughts and Love will win over darkness, always. God bless you. I am Aaron and I love you all.
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
jimmyaloha77
Busy Bee

Post by jimmyaloha77 »

Dear Heavenly Father

We ask you to send your healing spirits and celestial angels to be with Eric in this time of crisis. We ask that Your celestial angels will influence those within the justice system to make the most compassionate and loving decisions, and to realize their "way" of doing things has not produced the desired results thus far. We ask for Your Love; for Your Blessings of Care and Grace to be in our souls and to touch dear Eric. Help us dear God to remember that every soul is a unique creation and precious to You. Let us send Eric all of our loving thoughts without judgement or fear in the knowing he will receive a complete healing. Let us have such faith as to realize You are the provider of every good and perfect gift. We thank YOU! We love YOU!
Amen
Karen
New Friend

Post by Karen »

I deeply feel the anguish. I am praying , begging for Beautiful Eric, that he can open his soul to the love and support being sent to him, and that in his vulnerable state he finds his heart opening, receiving and empowering him to be strong enough to climb through this horrendous challenge. So much love also to you, Jeanne and Al.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Dear Jeanne and Al,

So distressing to read your email this morning that Eric is back behind bars -- the option from among those that had been available which seems the worst and least helpful to him. Yet, we are all praying and we know that God is loving and in charge and perhaps, somehow unbeknown to us at this time, some good will come out of this sad state of affairs. Perhaps it will be a real turning point for Eric and/or for someone else he'll influence over there. May you all continue to be comforted and strengthened as you are coming to terms with this situation. May Eric be released before the 11 months are up next March. May someone in the jail realize that he doesn't need a punitive situation, but rather help with his emotional state and his addictions. When this trial is over, may he come out spiritually stronger than even before. Here is one of my favorite scriptures:

Romans 8:37-39 - No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Much love to you,
Eva
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Dear Jeanne and Al,

I just wanted you to know that I have been keeping your son in my prayers and you and Al as well.

My Love to you all,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thank you for keeping Eric in your prayers.....as Eva suggests, I like to believe this is a blessing in disguise to awaken Eric's soul and deepest longings for God's Love.....but I don't think he's "there yet"....so, please keep praying for him, if you will.

After almost 2 weeks, Eric finally called yesterday! It took this long to process his intake at the prison he was released from last July, his money and get a phone card. He is depressed, lonely and feels victimized. It doesn’t seem to Al and I that Eric “gets it”…..ie., about taking responsibility for breaching his parole conditions – rather he is confused, feels targetted, that he has been treated unjustly.

Eric spent 6 days locked up in a tiny cell (not a “jail”….just a temporary holding cell) in a local detachment -– no window. One guard took pity on him, shackled him up and snuck him out the back door into the RCMP parking lot for a short walk around the cars twice during the 6 days. He went in weighing 233 pounds and upon arrival at Matsqui, weighed in at 215. (lost 18 pounds)

Our conversation was cut short and I could hardly hear him. I tried to reassure him that we are all praying for him; his boss is doing his best to keep his job open for him, that the angels are by his side. I urged him to go to the 12 step Narcotics Anonymous program in the prison but he’s never shown any interest in that. He has NO IDEA how long he’s there and hasn’t heard ANYTHING about what will happen to him. His parole officer told me she’s going to call Eric next week before submitting her report to the National Parole board, but Eric was so depressed and such a listless response I don’t know if he could hear me or if he could understand what I was trying to tell him. I keep urging him to pray, told him about the message from his guide Aaron, I tried to explain that my best guess is that he will be there for at least 4 months and I’m sure that came as a quite a blow -- that he wasn’t expecting that at all.

His girlfriend (Rebecca) is completely distraught. They told her to take the rest of the week off work and find a counsellor. She wanted to spend Mother’s Day with me, but I offered today instead. Please include Rebecca in your prayers too. Mary is upset and unforgiving. My heart just ACHES so I am in constant prayer and keep listening to the messages. The angels are so very close…..

Thank you again and again for your constant love and prayers – deeply appreciated.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Oh Jeanne - my heart really goes out to you and your family, including Rebecca and Mary. Can Eric receive cards and letters in the prison? Perhaps those of us who would like to can write to him to encourage him?

This aspect of not accepting advice and responsibility -- such as going to Narcotics Anonymous to get help and support, and realizing that his predicament is a result of his actions makes it so hard on those in such situation -- it is like hitting your head against the wall. I pray that something good happens very soon which will give him a measure of hope from which he can then, step by step start getting out of the hole of despair and onto facing his addictions.

Love and prayers,
Eva
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Here is my prayer for Eric:

Our loving Father in Heaven, we know that you love all your children – we are all your creatures, and our life is grounded in your life-giving spirit and energy. We thank you for loving and caring for all of us humans whom you have created in your image.

Father, I come to you on behalf of Eric, who is distressed in his present predicament of having been returned to prison for breaking the rules of his parole. He is struggling with addictions – which is what caused him the present situation.

Father, you understand his situation far more than most of us do – you know him intimately. We ask that you heal Eric in body, mind and spirit – that you enable him to see the causes of his problems and accept his responsibility where necessary.

We pray that you guide him to do what he needs to do; that you provide for his physical, emotional and spiritual needs; that he considers seeking professional help for his addictions, such as the Narcotics Anonymous program.

I also pray that Eric is receptive to your loving guidance; that he is receptive to the advice that his parents and others may give him. I know that not accepting advice and responsibility – such as going to an addiction group to get help and support, and realizing that his predicament is at least partially the result of his actions makes it so hard on those in such situation – it is like hitting our head against the wall.

I pray that something good happens in Eric’s life very soon which will give him a measure of hope from which he can then, step by step, start getting out of the hole of despair and onto facing his problems and dealing with them.

Thank you, Father that you are there for Eric, even though he may not be aware of your presence in his present state. May he remember how in the past you have answered his prayers and may he turn to you again for help and mercy.

Father, Jesus taught us to love others as we love ourselves. It is therefore true that we have to first love ourselves before we can love others. Unfortunately, many are unable to truly love and accept themselves. I pray that Eric sees that he is a beloved child of yours, that you have gifted him in special ways, and that you have a purpose for him – as you have for all your children. I pray that he sees that despite the problems in his life, there are also blessings that you have given him and that he can be thankful for. May he see the blessings in his life and be grateful, for gratitude is a powerful attitude to change our perspective and our environment.

We know that you have given us all free will and that our prayers will be answered to the extent that we choose to align ourselves with your laws of love and harmony.

Father, we know that miracles have happened in countless people's lives who were at the end of their rope and turned to you. We pray that Eric turns to you in hope and trust, and that he feels embraced by your love and encouraged, so that he will be in position to deal with his addictions.

I also pray for Eric’s parents and family including Rebecca and Mary, who too have been traumatised by this development. I pray that in the long run, this situation, while looking black and disheartening, will turn out for good for all concerned. May some powerful realizations, insights and spiritual growth come out of it. After all, in the overall scheme of things, that’s what is most important – even though in the here and now we experience pain and sadness and want it to stop.

Thank you Father for hearing our prayers, loving us all, and being there for all your children.
Amen.

Much love,
Eva
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Thank you, Eva, for your loving and powerful prayer! He appreciated the cards you sent last year and everyone's prayers.

His 36th birthday is coming in a couple of weeks: June 12. Birthday cards WITH NO GLITTER, NO GLUE, NO SPARKLES or any kind of inserts would be great. They can be sent to:

Eric Fike
Matsqui Institution
33344 King Road
Abbotsford, B.C.
Canada V2S 4P3

Again many thanks for your compassionate, non judgmental prayer! Love and God Bless, Jeanne
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thanks Jeanne. I can send a card with the prayer soon -- seems like he needs encouragement before his birthday on June 12. From here, it will probably take 7-10 days anyway. Letter enclosures are OK, aren't they -- as long as they don't contain any of the stuff you mentioned?
Love,
Eva