Please pray for our son Eric

Basically anything goes here.
jeanne
Family

Please pray for our son Eric

Post by jeanne »

Beloveds,
I beseech you, once again, to pray for Eric. He was arrested from his bed Friday evening just after midnight and he hasn’t called us since he was taken which is not like him at all. Not hearing from him seems more than I can bare.

Last week Eric confided in me that he’s fighting depression. He ran out of his anti-depressant medication more than a month ago and since he’s been working very hard, and not well organized to make a Doctor’s appointment, the result is a “cold turkey” kind of withdrawal. Our family doctor has been concerned about the medication that he has been on since imprisoned and wanted to work with Eric in getting him off the medication and starting him on something else. Her office is SO BUSY it takes weeks to get an appointment, and since his construction work takes him to various sites, it is extremely difficult – almost impossible for someone like Eric to arrange an appointment and take time off work to keep it.

My best guess is that Eric was arrested due to a hot pee test result – likely he smoked some pot which showed up on a pee test Friday afternoon when he had an appointment with his parole officer.

Eric has been doing SO WELL in so many ways his arrest is heart breaking. He’s been working very hard. He has made good, supportive friendships and contributes lovingly to our family, neighbours, friends and household. He prepared two dinners for Helge while Al and I were away at the funeral. Eric's boss has told his parole officer Eric is one of the best employees he’s ever had. The grumpiest foreman at work only wants Eric to work for him!

Eric’s girlfriend is on medical marijuana and I am guessing Eric smoked some of her pot. It is highly unlikely Eric could possibly be involved in any kind of criminal activity – but any alcohol or drug use is in breach of his parole conditions.

Thank you for holding Eric in your prayers – the parole officer will likely be deciding what to do with him first thing Monday morning. Al and I would appreciate a prayer vigil at this crucial time. I guess Eric’s parole officer has 3 choices:
* Refer Eric to the National Parole Board and they would probably put him back into prison for the rest of his sentence (approximately one year).
* Put Eric back in prison for 30 days – he could lose his job.
* Work with Eric to find a way a creative way in supporting him to keep living with us in Gibsons and keep his job and everything he has built here since his release last July.

Eric has had 2 or 3 hot pee results since his release last July. His parole officer has threatened to move him to a half way house in downtown Vancouver so she can keep a closer eye on him, which means he couldn’t keep his job or his new life in this supportive community. Such a decision, IMHO, would undermine Eric’s rehabilitation.

Well I could go on and on, but will stop here, and simply ask for your prayers. Please pray Eric will call me.

Many thanks, beloved friends. Your prayers mean the world to us. Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Geoff
Family

Re: Please pray for our son Eric

Post by Geoff »

My dear Jeanne and Al,

This is so unbearably sad to hear. What can I truly say, except that i pray the outcome will be positive, and not negative. Hoo Boy, what a roller coaster.

Hugs
Geoff
GeorgeA
Happy Camper

Post by GeorgeA »

I'm with you Jeanne and Al, I talked with Eric a bit last summer and he seemed like the
friendliest young guy you could meet. I remember making some of the same mistakes
when I was younger. Sending him some energy, I think he will pull through at some
point, based on the overall impression I got from him and especially if he decides
to ask for the Love.
I don't think we heard, what does he think of his dad being a medium and us all
believing and knowing we have the ultimate truth?
George
KevinO
Family

Post by KevinO »

Dear Jeanne, my prayers continue for you, Al and Eric to find peace and comfort amidst these unfortunate events.
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

I will double my prayers for Eric during this most difficult time.

Love and hugs,
Dennis
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

thank you all for your continued prayers....means so much to us. We are heart-broken - Eric's urinalysis indicated use of morphine which is a serious breach of his parole conditions. Today he will be transported back to prison and may have to remain in custody for months. What will happen to him will be decided by the Parole Board of Canada and is now out of the hands of our local parole office.

We still haven't had any direct contact because there was an automatic order on his file "NO OUTSIDE CONTACT". After calling and calling I spoke to Eric's parole officer yesterday as soon as I found out and she promised to ask the police to allow him to call us. But since today he will be in transit (approximately 3 hours trip to get to the prison which is close to where Maureen lives in Abbotsford), I doubt if he will get a chance to call.

We received a very beautiful message from Eric's guide Aaron on Monday night at my sister Judy's Prayer/Healing meeting which describes Eric's struggles and asks us all to continue to pray for him and to feel compassion.

This Free Will Stuff requires us all to take responsibility - no escape. Although our hearts are breaking, we are doing our best to Let Go and Let God. We are all being upheld in God's Great Love. With all my gratitude, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

We too are saddened by the news, Jeanne. We will continue to keep Eric in our prayers, and we join you in our attempts to Let Go, and Let God.

Trying to make it in this material world while our souls are contained in these "meat suits" can be some of the most difficult challenges we humans can face. I feel for Eric and his loss of Liberty, and I hope he turns to prayer to find the answers he needs for the questions he is facing.

Love and hugs,

Dennis
Vee
Happy Camper

Post by Vee »

Words fail me, Al and Jeanne, the stress of this must be considerable, although your faith will be a great support.
it is very unfortunate, the authorities weren’t a little bit more flexible though, before this all happened. If access to medication had been easier, none of this might have happened. They should keep that in mind with more fragile people.
There is nothing much that can be done now apart from praying for you and Eric.
Love,Vee.
gemmaj2000
Family

Post by gemmaj2000 »

Jeanne, Al I'm so sorry to hear your all going through this I wil pray for Eric and all of you, I put my parents through a lot of stress when I was in my teens in a similar situation all I can say is that it's so hard to face life in the world without a crutch you may have relied on for a long time but eventually you do become strong enough to go it alone.

All my love and thoughts Gemma ❤️
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you everyone for your concern and love. It is hard for all of us. Addictions are a destructive thing and I've witnessed a lot of addictions in my own family. The meatsuit has it's cravings while the soul may pursue a higher purpose. Getting beyond the desires of the flesh is indeed the hardest part of the spiritual journey. That is where the power of prayer is an important tool to use in the struggle.
Please keep Eric in your prayers. The system is at times well meaning but mostly just designed to sweep people under the carpet. Eric is now caught up in a machine that treats you as less than human and has very little consideration as to how to help him overcome his problems. His life is a testimony to this happening over and over again. We had to advocate for him in grade school and high school as the system was not suited to teach him in the way that he could learn. He did eventually graduate after leaving the regular system and putting him in a specialized private school. But he was a disaffected and angry young man who turned to drugs for comfort. It lead him down a dark road and although lately he was living in a semblance of light, he fell again into depression and a need to revisit drug taking. Unfortunately he does not express himself well or openly. He quietly tries to deal with things on his own. He made a very bad choice which will net him some severe consequences. Both Jeanne and I are not optimistic that the system, or these consequences will help him in any way. He'll be popped out in a few months and expected to conform as they dictate. So the system does not really have the means to support him and he is not good at supporting himself. Jeanne and I can do what we can but in the end he must make the right choices. Please pray that he does and may God envelop him with His Care and Protection.

Thank you again for your caring hearts and compassion for our son. He is a good soul locked up in some pretty crazy thinking and error. In many ways he is like so many in the world. He is a good reminder to Jeanne and I of the conditions of the world. Many are on legal drugs in order to cope. Many are just as lost. They all need our prayers and God's Healing Touch. He is just one of many millions who are lost and live in a great deal of fear and anxiety. There is so much change that needs to happen in our world. It starts with compassion and love freely given. My son is a great challenge to me as I must steel myself from my own judgements and learn to be more compassionate. He is my boy and I love him. Unfortunately he is also the source of a lot of pain. I see his suffering and how his own choices hurt him so badly. I see how so many surround him in support and compassion yet he does not feel worthy. He struggles so, he is his own worst enemy. It is truly hard to witness and I am torn between wanting to shake some sense into him and embracing him with the intention of wanting to make it all better for him. That dance goes on in my mind constantly. What is the wise choice? How far does love go to heal and not to enable him to make the wrong choices. Detachment is the easy way but one cannot completely detach from your own child. Eric has been a great gift, not an easy one but certainly a powerful one. To have someone you love struggle as he does elicits greater wisdom and compassion from within in order to be truly supportive. Its in these hard challenges and our own need to resolve and heal within ourselves what is in harmony with love that we do our best growing . True empathy and compassion comes from such situations. Humility also grows out of these struggles. It shouldn't have to be that way but it often is. We are shaped by our experiences and the more powerful the experience, the greater the potential to grow from them. Thus Eric has taught me much about love. I'm sure that God gave us the gift of him in order to do so. His gifts and lessons come in such surprizing ways. I just hope that I'm strong enough to deal with whatever comes in the future. Life may at times be difficult but it certainly is not dull :? . Thank you God for all you bring. I know that I can benefit and grow from it all. I leave it to your infinite wisdom and Love to decide what is next. Just help my son find his way to light. May he have the strength and insight to make his way . With much love and appreciation.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.