FRANKFURT RETREAT AUG 31, 2016!

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
arie2012
Family

Re: SAVE THE DATE! FRANKFURT RETREAT AUG 31, 2016!

Post by arie2012 »

Hi Kevin!

Marion and I have meanwhile heard from the hotel that your booking has succeeded :) . Very good, you're the first, congratulations ;)

So for everyone else of you lovely people: if you want, get in touch with the hotel now already and get your name on the list. No hurry though, as the rooms are blocked for us until August 3rd 2016. After then any rooms left will be "sold", of course.

You'll have to contact the hotel personally, because the electronic booking form from their website wouldn't work. The contingent of rooms we have reserved will only show the hotel to be fully booked. Which it is because of us :D !

Of course making a long distance-call (+49-69-60914-0) is a bit tedious and expensive and as we have noticed you might even stumble upon a receptionist who doesn't properly speak English (which I find embarrassing, to be honest). So maybe the email address is the better alternative: info@maingau.de. Just always mention our name Hordijk and "Divine Love Retreat" and then some bells should start ringing..

If you encounter any difficulties, please let me know and I'll do anything needed. The hotel is just around our corner, so we can always drop by for a short visit :)

Meanwhile we're working on the BIG INVITATION for our retreat with all information required. You will soon see!

In Love,
hugs, hugs, hugs,
Arie & Marion
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I tried emailing them but no response yet. We want to be second in line. Hope they answer soon......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

Ah, come to think of it: Marion just booked 2 extra nights for Helge and Frauke. As you and Jeanne also will be going to Blackpool before (we are planning the same!), let me know if I have to be instrumental in this. I could arrange your booking as well, of course!

They confirmed the email address info@maingau.de to Marion this morning, so that shouldn't be a problem :) . Maybe they are presently looking for someone who can respond in English, haha!

O boy, I see myself sitting at that reception desk for the next couple of months.. :lol:

Hugs,
Arie
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

So, am I to understand that you two are coming to Blackpool as well for our retreat? That would be awesome if you come but would that fit into your efforts with the Frankfurt retreat? Yes, we will be in Blackpool from August 24th to the 30th and hopefully flying over to Frankfurt on either the 30th or morning of the 31st., staying until the 8th then flying on to Belgrade. So we will definitely need extra days at the hotel. I'll wait for awhile for a response via email. Thanks for your offer Arie. I may take you up on it but don't you have to pay a deposit in order to hold the hotel room? Lots of time to get these things organized but I'm hot on the trail of booking flights and hotels. Its fun but a very material pursuit. God bless.....Al
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

Well yes, we're quite seriously considering that. Especially after our glorious time with Helge last weekend..
And as you know we still feel very much connected with WHC and the Manse. We had such amazing times there..

As far as things are now, I can very well imagine that our own retreat will be more than sufficiently organised by that time, in order to allow us to go to Blackpool a week before. We have much less things to do during the retreat than you guys in Gibsons last summer, as we aren't arranging any catering or driving up and down etc. etc. Its all in the hotel just around our corner, so that's a big difference with the situation in Gibsons.

Let me know about your reservation, I'll be more than happy to assist. They don't ask for a deposit and you can even cancel until 15.00 hrs on the day of arrival! The only thing they want as a guarantee for your booking is your credit cardnumber, at least that's what Helge's reservation tells me, which I have right in front of me here :)

Hugs,
Arie
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

WhooHoo, that is very good news. I hope that it all works out. :D :D :D .
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

I just emailed a booking. Not knowing what Jimbeau is doing, I just asked for a room 30th-5th. Maybe he needs to share? I think that might need to be arranged by Marion speaking some fluent German?

hugs
Geoff
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

I do hope they have more rooms available before the 31st.. We only reserved rooms for the retreat itself, so 4 nights as from August 31st. There's a big business fair in Frankfurt up to and including the 30th. That's why we couldn't start sooner.

So if more people need more nights we might soon have a problem.

Let me know if I should check on your booking and/or arrange a double room for you and Jimbeau!

Hugs,
Arie
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes, I think that you should book Geoff and Jimbeau together. He may be staying on until the 9th as well but this is yet unclear. He has friends who live in Milan who want to see him. He'll be booking his own room outside of the retreat days in any case. Now that you've further explained the situation, PLEASE book our dates for the room, I'm a little worried about availability. Having to move outside of town would be a drag :( but we'll make do either way. Much love......Al

PS: we'll be flying in on the 31st and leaving on the 8th. What do you need from us in order to book?
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

Will do.

Nothing for now, later on your credit cardnumber, only for reservation-guarantee :)

Love,
Arie