Preserving Padgett's Messages

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Patricia Doyle
New Friend

Re: Preserving Padgett's Messages

Post by Patricia Doyle »

Dearest friends . . . Geoff, Al, Jeanne, Terry, Barb, Elizabeth, Ranold, Michael, Cheryl, Dorothy, Betty, Leslie, Andrew, Paul . . . and all the beautiful souls who held this project in their prayers:

I want to send a special thank you to all the special people who made this project possible at this time, and in this magical way . . . the fulfillment of a 28-year calling to protect and preserve the original Padgett autographs in my care! To my utter joy, these precious papers are all now optimally preserved and stored in fire-resistant steel filing cabinets! God is so awesome! And so are His beloved workers here on earth!

When I visualized the Padgett Preservation Project over two years ago, I thought I would have to host it in my home, as well as fulfill the role of project leader. I could not conceive of doing both . . . so thank you Al and Jeanne for hosting the Project at your Divine Love Sanctuary! Once you made the kind offer at the Divine Love Retreat (which you so masterfully hosted), and once Geoff stepped forward in a HUGE way offering to fund the project, I knew everything would fall into place perfectly, and, indeed, it did! Thank you a million times, Geoff!!!

God blessed me immediately with Elizabeth and Ranold's offer to participate! The two of them became invaluable and steady workers. They were true champions on the task of scanning the documents, once they had been preserved, accomplishing about 95% of the scanning job between the two of them! Fortunately, I had completed over one-half of the preservation work before leaving for Canada, so they were able to start scanning from the beginning, once the equipment and procedures were in place. Ranold, you are such a beneficial and unassuming presence! Elizabeth, thank you so much for inviting Ranold to participate, and for your steady dedication to the task of scanning! The two of you were the perfect examples of the ethic of keeping the work of the project as the main focus. Thank you, again.

Also, Elizabeth, thank you for your suggestion of the "Quaker-style" prayer meetings which we had when Al and Jeanne were in Vancouver, where no particular person was the leader and we said prayers as we were moved to, instead of in a prescribed order. That was very special, and I loved all the prayers (even when I was not present physically, but in spirit, and rainbows appeared on the 100-year old autographs as I was working on them)!

The preservation took more than double the scanning time. Fortunately, Michael Bailey, Cheryl Bate and Dorothy Clausen answered the call to help with that task. Dorothy drove over 13-1/2 hours each way to help, and added lots of up-beat humor to the environment! Fat file #16 became her baby, and the rest of us too, as she thoughtfully mothered us all with her anecdotes and healing touch.

Michael traveled all the way from Florida, about as far away as you can come from the U.S! He became the official documenter of the event, with his artistic photos of the project and the sanctuary. Thank you, Michael, for blessing us all with your loving presence! We both had a lot of healing, yes? And more to come, I'm sure.

Al, thank you for your role as Treasurer for this project (my original receipts will be coming to you soon). Also, thank you for your fabulous vegetables and fruits from your bountiful garden, and for the delicious meals prepared by your nurturing hands! Also thank you for the encouraging messages which you channeled from the celestials who were present! Precious!

Jeanne, you were, of course, the master facilitator of coordinating everyone's transportation needs and comfort needs with housing and meal planning! Thank you many times over for taking care of us all, and, especially, for bringing Cheryl into the picture! Without Cheryl, we would have been lost during those weekdays when you and Al were at your jobs in Vancouver!

Cheryl was worth her weight in gold! She stepped in wherever needed, in such a loving, sensitive and thoughtful way. She was a nurturing and gentle Mom to us all . . . feeding us delicious meals, shopping for us, taking care of household chores, and stepping into the work flow with hands-on preservation work! She was also a supportive and non-intrusive counselor when I needed compassionate understanding and friendship at the end of the preservation work! Cheryl, I will love you forever!

Terry, I want to extend many thousand thank-yous to you and Barb for your gracious and loving friendship and counsel during the days preceeding the full-on work party in Gibsons! You are precious to me, and set the blessed tone of the work days to come! I appreciate you both in so many ways--you are such beloved sisters to me!

Betty and Bill, thank you so much for the delicious comfort meal which you shared with us "worker bees" in your beautiful home, during the week when Al and Jeanne were in Vancouver. It was delicious, as was your lovely and inspiring company! Bill, I hope you are enjoying the book Under the Banner of Heaven, one of the best books I have read in a very long time!

Paul, thank you for your kind donation of file folders and buffering paper, at just the right time to further the preservation. You actually supplied all of the buffering paper for the project--so necessary for optimum preservation of the autographs!

Andrew and Leslie, thank you for your charming and humor-filled company, and thanks for the delicious cheesecake! And Andrew, thank you so much for your thoughtful delivery of muffins for our break from work on Tuesday! Wheatberries is awesome, and so are the two of you!!

My dream of all of us working as equals, serving God as we had each been called for this blessed and sacred task, came true! Many, many thanks to you all . . . to God . . . the celestials . . . and to all the mortals and spirits who were with us in spirit, praying for the successful completion of this important work!

I am still awestruck at how just the right people came together at just the right time, to fill the perfect role, in just the right amount of time! Truly God's handiwork!

All my love to you all, my forever friends and family,
Patricia
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Dear Patricia,
I can only imagine how you must feel, after 30 years, to have accomplished this major step forward on your spiritual path! Congratulations. Thank you for your loving message and for your kind words. It has been a privilege for Al and I to make a relatively small contribution and we are most grateful for the opportunity to participate.

With love and gratitude, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Patricia Doyle
New Friend

Post by Patricia Doyle »

Jeanne,
Your contribution (and Al's) to the Padgett Preservation Project was HUGE! You are so humble! It was truly my pleasure to bring this project to your beautiful sanctuary for manifestation! So much magic . . . in such a wonderful place . . . with so many beautiful souls (mortal and celestial!) . . . we were so blessed, weren't we? I will never get over how incredible God is to have brought us all together like that!
All my love to you,
Patricia
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Reading all the messages in this thread I can't help but think what a monumental task that was accomplished. To me, someone who is a recent discoverer of the messages, it is a historical moment, and I liken it to a time when disciples of the Master were trying to preserve his original words some 2000 years ago. Oh how I wish I could have participated, it would have felt as if I were touching one of Mathew, Mark, Luke or John’s original works.

Thank you all for sharing the stories, and I look forward to seeing the product of your labor of Love – Divine Love.

Blessings to all of you,
Dennis