Preserving Padgett's Messages

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Geoff
Family

Re: Preserving Padgett's Messages

Post by Geoff »

Joseph wrote:I look forward to seeing the results of the preservation project being done this week. I do hope that I will be able to read the results of their work in chronological order.
Dear Joseph,

As and when I receive new unpublished messages, they will appear hyperlinked to the index. But I will probably also create an index just of these new ones as well.

Carolyn Stokes was asking today, when can she read these unpublished messages. According to my estimate, there are about one thousand, one hundred and thirty. There may be many more. But we also wont know, until all the manuscripts are scanned, and that includes the ones Michael Bailey has, whether we actually have ALL the originals. I have a letter from Jocelyn where she explains to Marva that the late John Paul Gibson destroyed manuscripts of both Padgett and Samuels. No reason was given. But, assuming we have 1,000 to translate, its going to be a big job. Currently Paul King is working on this, but I have no idea how he is going. He did tell me he has reached the stage where he is so familiar with JP's script that he can read them without difficulty.

love,
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Good discussion you two. Of course the real question is how important are the words compared to the soul's receiving the wordless truth from God through soul perception ? Padgett's work set us on our course and gave us the road map to be sure. What truths we are able to discover as we progress on the Divine Path is what I am presently excited about. Our individual connections to the Creator is the real journey and is what I am passionate about. There is so much to experience and learn on this journey and I know that God will show us everything in good time as our souls develop in the Love. It's the transformation from the human to something Divine that rewards our efforts and desire.

May we all share this adventure with an open heart and an open mind. Thank you dear brothers for being open here and I, for one, welcome your thoughts and questions regarding these truths. Without our sincere questioning of the truths, we cannot make them our own truth. This is not a religion in the traditional sense that requires unquestioning obedience, it is a way of life. It is so comforting to know that we all share this journey together and are able to add our individual perceptions and experiences as we find our way to God. God bless you ....................Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

My dear brothers, i am enjoying the discussion, and the information about the messages and their transcription, the information about the various stages of history of the messages. i am so very happy about the progress being made and the potential for new discoveries and information.

In regards to James Padgett, let us take a moment to put ourselves in his shoes, if we can, for just a few moments and consider some of the facts of his life, before we make too many judgements from our minds. Let us consider that he had lost the physical presence of his companion and wife of almost 50 yrs, then in the middle of his mediumship, he lost his beloved daughter unexpectedly. Most people require 5 yrs to resolve the loss of a loved one, and usually 2 1/2 yrs if involved in a focused support group like group psychotherapy. Secondly, let us also consider that he had very little support, and thank God for his close friendship with Leslie Stone. When we think about how we do, spread out all over the world, attempting to spiritually progress, and develop our mediumship, go through changes that we go through, like what Al just described, we may come to a little more empathy and compassion for James Padgett, rather than the cold appraisal that our mentalities are oft prone to.
The messages, for me, over the years have become, or i have come to an understanding that, they are a mere primmer to the Truths of God, His Great Divine Love, and other spiritual Truths. The importance of them cannot be estimated. As i said a few days ago, one of the imports of them, to me, as communicated to James in 1918 messages on Rapport and Communcation, was that as we continue to study the messages of Truth recieved, after prayer for the Divine Love, the very High Spiritual Truths, as they pass through our mind and brain in thoughts and thought forms help put us in a much better condition to receive the impressions, etc., that we receive from the Angels. As we meditate and contemplate these Higher Spiritual Truths already received, they facilitate all manner of soul development and spiritual progression. Again putting us in a much better condition to be of service to God and the Master, and also our fellows.

So, onward my brothers, in Divine Love.

with much love to all in the Spirit of Christ, dave k.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

I like what you have said here Dave. I don't think anybody here under estimates the value of the Padgett messages. I know I don't. There seems to be a great worry out there that there is not enough respect to what Padgett has done but these efforts to save and copy the originals prove otherwise. I also think its good to question everything and to, as you have said, study these truths thoroughly . We're all on the same page just looking at things through the filters of our own life experiences. God bless you Dave for your earnestness and your integrity. You are a brother on the Path. Bless you....Al
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

I was shared today a message that was "personal" and not previously published dated March 31st 1915. If this is anything to go on, I suspect quite a lot that folks have not known will come to light. I already suspected he was playing the stock market using spirit advice. That is certainly not a bad thing, particularly seeing as he was short of money. But it had been a guess on my part, because the word "stock" can have other meanings. But in this message its very clear. He was instructed to sell. Also, I thought that the death of Nita hit him extremely hard, not just because of the loss which was tragic, but because I had the impression Helen had been telling him she would be fine. So I thought that he would have also lost confidence in what spirit told him. But now I see he got other advice. That she was not fine.

love,
Geoff
Zara B
Family

Post by Zara B »

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for sharing these little bits, and we are all eager in hearing and reading more when they do come to light! The funny thing is, it all does seem to make such good sense ... we had gathered the same about both Nita and JP's business ... spirit has longer-range sight than we here caught up in our moments!

Hope you feel better and enjoy your trip!

With love,
Zara
A drop of Divine Love - an ocean of truth for the soul
Zara B
Family

Post by Zara B »

Hi all,

This is the latest report and message delivered by Jeanne to wrap-up the last 12 days spent with Al and Jeanne and the project of preserving and scanning the Padgett Messages! Simply wonderful and timely news and three cheers from those of us who were unable to attend to assist in the project !!!

Beloved friends,

We are overjoyed and thank you for your prayers and contributions that have upheld the work these past 12 days! Our motley crew (Patricia, Elizabeth, Michael, Ranold, Dorothy and Cheryl) have completed their blessed task - a total of 5,000 pages of 100 year old original messages/ transcripts received by James Padgett have been saved for posterity.

Many of these messages have not been published and reading them provides endearing insight into the lives of James and Helen Padgett. Reading the messages also provides insight about Helen Padgett's soul development and progress through spiritual spheres. The messages reveal their human struggles and foibles, their challenges with dark spirits and their disappointments. They also reveal the incredible role Helen played as James' spiritual gate-keeper and how she lovingly teased and admonished James to take better care of himself.

After last night's prayer circle we spent time together reflecting on the time we spent together on this project. It was truly a labour of love and blessing! A time of effortless Grace and healing of old wounds. Tending and touching the pages was like a prayer in action -- each worker felt profoundly upheld by Celestial angels who drew very close to us all. Sacred space for prayer circles were held at 10 am and 5 pm each day followed by sharing personal stories that deepened bonds of love and friendship with each other.

Each day was filled with its lessons, with healing, inspiration, tears and joy! We shared the silence, walks and talks in the garden and delicious meals. Each work station was located in a different area of the property so each person could work according to their own biological clock or time zone without fear of disturbing another. There was no particular leader and we gave thanks for the bounty from Al's garden, the abundance of flowers, sitting on the deck enjoying the vistas, the warmth of the sunshine, the humming birds who came so close and the eagles soaring overhead!

Special thanks to beloved friends and neighbours who dropped by to join us in prayer, to deliver fresh baked goodies, and to Betty for hosting a wonderful dinner party!

Michael made audio recordings of messages received during the work party....from James and Helen Padgett, Andrew, John, Augustine, Mary, Goldie and Confucius. Jesus was in our midst each day and spoke to each one of us. Hundreds of Celestial spirits came, bringing their profound love, joy and healing energy.

Today we are celebrating.....this evening will be our last prayer circle together before everyone returns to their homes....back to Florida, New York, Alberta and Washington! Back into their real lives....leaving replenished, with a sense of accomplishment, and deeper faith.

Please watch http://www.divine-love-sanctuary.ca in the coming weeks if you are interested in reading and/or hearing the messages received along with pictures taken by Michael!

Yours in God's Grace,
Love Jeanne
A drop of Divine Love - an ocean of truth for the soul
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Dear friends in the Divine Love,
It's been just about a week since our scanning project work was complete and I returned home to New York State. It still has not sunk in, the wonderful privilege of being enabled to participate in it.

I want to thank all those, near and far, whose efforts and prayers made this possible, possible for our preserving and scanning work, and possible for us to begin to see healing of old divisions created long ago. So much gratitude to Al and Jeanne for making their home available to us, for all of Jeanne's organizational planning, for all our friends in the Divine Love Circle who shared their company, hospitality and prayers, for the financial support that enabled this work, for the prayers of all those throughout many other countries, for the powerful Love and support we received from Jesus, our spiritual leader and Master of the Celestial Heavens, for those Celestials who shared their loving words with us, for Al's loving commitment to channeling their love and support.

I come home more aware than ever of the importance of frequent, earnest prayer for our Father's Divine Love; nothing is more important. I come away from the week trusting that our Father will show us the way forward, show us how to make use of the unique gifts He has given each of us to bring forth these divine truths-- by living them, and by listening to the prompts that come, telling each of us our next step.

Your sister and friend in the Divine Love,
elizabeth
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Elizabeth,

Yes it's amazing what can be accomplished given enough love. This is something so many have prayed for.

Love,
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

The angels are working overtime in order to bring us together in a harmonious way and to break down any barriers. It's time for us all to work together folks and as Augustine's message indicates, these differences are like wisps of smoke dissapating in the wind. I hope and pray that we can come together in a solid and loving way so as to facilitate bringing these truths to the wider world. Having differences of oppinions is a human thing and those of you who crave leadership, seek guidance from the Creator who will lead you to your purpose. The angels are waiting and eager to show you the way.

And keep talking :!: :!: :!: . The more we communicate together, the less chance of misunderstanding.

Thank you everyone who contributed your time, effort and resources to the work party. I feel that this effort proves that many of us are now willing to step forward in love and release our fears about doing so. Yes, we are a mottley crew to be sure but doesn't this make our efforts all the more interresting? It certainly causes me to pray more :lol: .

I hope you are all in the light on this Canadian Thanksgiving day. Your brother and friend......Al