Divine Love Retreat - Caloundra, Australia

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Terry Adler
Family

Re: Divine Love Retreat - Caloundra, Australia

Post by Terry Adler »

Hello Everyone,

I have been away from the Forum since June 13, busy with preparations for the cruise, and upon returning, busy again with catching up on responsibilities.

It was a pleasure to read your post, Philip! Your understandings resonate strongly with me and I so appreciate the clarity with which you express them. You are a fine teacher of truths, both in the way you live and the way you voice the principles that guide your way of being in the world.

Welcome to the Forum! You have much to contribute here!

Love,
Terry
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Philip,

i would like to add my welcome to the forum.

i very much resonated with your expressions of your perceptions as the result of your own experiences, and have been in the process of personal responsibility and accountability that you have expressed for over 40 yrs now, and am very thankful for it. So thanking you again for your expressions of your experience, strength and hope in our only real responsibility, to maintain our own state and condition of Harmony, and thus be loving towards others, i submit my self as your brother and friend, dave k.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Geoff,
I just wanted to thank you for all your efforts in transcribing and distributing the wonderful messages we received in Caloundra! They are truly beautiful and inspiring....and intended to share ....so thank you for your efforts. Love and hugs Jeanne :D
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello dear friends,

In looking forward and preparing for my first Divine Love retreat (in fact two of them back to back), now less than two months away, I was led to visit this thread to read some of the comments. Actually Caloundra is very much in my part of the woods – only two hours by car – and my husband and I spent a week there on another (not DL related) retreat in 2013. I had learned about this DL retreat from Geoff beforehand, but having only discovered the Divine Love messages in February, it all just felt too new and overwhelming. But now, reading some of your comments, everything makes so much sense and is preparing me for Gibsons and Oceanside. And I already know (at least through cyber communication) almost all who wrote or were mentioned – Geoff, James, Paula, Maree, John, Bishop Brian, Zara, … on the Aussie side, and Al, Jeanne, Terry, Joseph, Helge, … on other continents. And I will be meeting some of you face to face shortly – leaving in less than 6 weeks now!

Several of the posts, or parts of them struck a chord with me, but for now, I’ll only quote one, written by Terry, which applies to all retreats and, at least in principle, to any human interaction:
In our searches, we found different ways of nurturing our spiritual growth. That diversity was very evident in this retreat alongside of the one thing we had in common, praying for the Divine Love. In his gracious facilitation of the group, Geoff acknowledged and honored this diversity, inviting coexistence amongst them. As a group we found "our group way" as we went along, and it seemed to satisfy everyone. …

I believe our Creator wants this diversity! Other than the central truth that God is Love and we can know God through the great gift of Divine Love if we so choose, everything about our spiritual life is a unique as a finger print or a snowflake. And it is meant to be! The great challenge for each of us is to recognize that cooperation and collaboration between us is the healing way, rather than the current norm of competition (that is typical of the Western world at least). Respect for our singularity and pooling our unique gifts is the way that will heal humankind and the world. All ways of loving God and loving Creation are needed, none is the ‘only’ way, the `approved` way.
Much love to all, and I am looking forward to meeting those of you attending one of the upcoming retreats.
Eva
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear Eva,

I have been absent from the Forum for awhile and tonight found time to return. Seeing your fresh post in an old thread led me to re-read the thread and thus, re-visit that awesome Caloundra retreat!

As you do, I appreciate how different we are from one another, and how those differences offer important teachings to us. Whether those teachings show us other ways of being in the world, or trigger into our awareness buried aspects of self that need to be cleansed by the Love, they are vital to our growth, spiritual and otherwise.

I thank God for the blessing of knowing so many diverse and beautiful souls, and for what each teaches me, just by being themselves!

With love and eagerness to spend time with you, Eva, and everyone who will be attending the Gibson's retreat.
Terry