Granthams Landing July 19-22 2012

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Geoff
Family

Granthams Landing July 19-22 2012

Post by Geoff »

This was a phenomenal retreat. Expect more details and photos

There are lots of photos hosted on FaceBook relating to the retreat.

Ruth has her photos here

Holly had Ruth upload her photos here

Geoff has his photos here
Geoff
Family

Re: Granthams Landing July 2012

Post by Geoff »

Our dear Terry leading the pipe ceremony with his personal pipe carved out of a black soapstone.
Al having a close look
Terry leadng the drumming
Al's garden is truly magnificent
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Awesome breakfasts created by Andrew and Leslie of Wheatberries.
Greg led us in his Divine Love qigong. It has a really good name though, something like woodgy woo...
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

July 28, 2012
My impressions. Divine love retreat 2012

Well it has been a week since our retreat was in full swing and I have just now had some time and inclination to write down my thoughts on the matter and to encourage an ongoing dialogue as we digest what we have learned and experienced together.

It is hard to believe that just over a year ago I did not know any of you and now we are fast friends and comrades on the path Divine. We were told by our celestial guides not too long ago that there would be many surprises to come in the future and I am now beginning to realize how apt that statement was. How delighted I am to have met all you loving angels in training and to have shared a healing and inspiring few days together. To have felt so comfortable with you all and affirming that we are indeed brothers and sisters on the Path was the first of many revelations. All your sweet faces are dancing in my mind as I write this and I so treasure the interactions and the prayers that we shared together. I have also come to appreciate what I have in our ongoing prayer circles and that God has blessed us in so many ways by having a close knit spiritual family in our part of the world. I see how many of you struggle on your own and have persisted while in many cases even those who are closest to you do not share your path. No wonder our retreat took on the aura of a joyful family reunion from day one with everyone eager to share their life’s adventures and aspirations. No barriers, just loving attentiveness to each other. This openness brought such a light to our gathering and allowed the Angels to be with us in a powerful way. Our eagerness, excitement and willingness to overcome superficial barriers opened the floodgates from above and washed us into a childlike innocence and joy.

I am not as outgoing as many of you may think. I am by nature a shy person and am not used to regaling a crowd with life stories and funny quips but your openness and loving acceptance of me opened the door to my closeted grandstanding self and I hope you enjoyed my contributions and silly comments as much as I enjoyed telling them. In the past being the centre of attention in this way would have been extremely daunting. For weeks before you all showed up I kept asking my guides what I should do. What was my role, what should I say? They kept reassuring me that I should just be myself and not to worry about fabricating a role and indeed I was able to overcome my trepidation and be myself. Your loving support made this happen with ease. More ease than I had ever felt in a big group. Yes, love is wonderful and does tear down barriers.

It was interesting how each day and each prayer was different in feel, purpose and theme. For me, some prayer sessions felt less loving and more packed with spiritual power that I believe was directed more to those lost souls in spirit rather than to our gratification and healing while others were blissfully and emotionally charged with God’s wonderful Love and some were both. I was very surprised at the length, quality and diversity of the messages that came through. I am relatively new to being a channel in this way and honestly did not expect such a flow to manifest in all the ways that it did. I especially liked the challenge that Augustine (bishop of Hippo while on earth) presented to us that we need to step forward and the resulting discussions that ensued afterwards. It certainly made us asses and think about how far we are willing to go in the service of God’s plan and the Master’s work. The world does seem to be on the precipice of deep change and healing and we have all been asked to do our part as we are willing to be guided in place in order to do so.

Andrew and Leslie (the Wheatberries guys) have invited me in the past to give a talk on Divine Love and the Divine Love for the soul book in their bistro as part of their ongoing outreach project. I’ve refused them in the past because I am a reluctant public speaker and am afraid of gaining a reputation in our small community as a kook but I think I will step forward in this way even if I am condemned. You’ve got to start somewhere and a small gathering like this is a gentle beginning. I also, like many of you, have a book in me that am itching to get out. Finding the time for this one finger typist to start such a project has been daunting but again I think I need to get going on it. I’m curious as to what the rest of you are thinking in this regard. How do you see yourselves stepping forward? Have you been presented with opportunities in the past that you have backed away from and are you more willing to step forward now?

My favorite spiritual experience was having Jesus come through me in such a powerful way in our last prayer session. I saw that I was cloaked in something that allowed lower spirits to see him in a clear way and the light that he emanated was so intense that it was like looking into the sun. His love and humility is such a beautiful manifestation of God’s Love and the loving connection that Jesus has for each one of us melts my heart into a puddle of appreciation. We are so blessed to know him in this way.

I’ve been thinking how our time together was such a metaphor for life. I’m sure we felt every emotion possible except possibly hatred although many hated to leave! There were dynamics and frustrations and complications as we dealt with our human characteristics and the predictable distractions of the world (think abundant small engine noises during prayer). Our need to be seen and acknowledged in our own ways was both endearing and distracting from our purpose to pray together. It is apparent that there are so many things we need to work on in ourselves. No rest for the wicked eh! We all have so much to give and yet I see why our angel friends call us children as we allow our egos to dictate our behaviors rather than allowing ourselves to be serenely guided. Many of us need a big dose of humility. I know I do. It was so easy for me to feel seen and successful considering my place in the group and I think I reveled in this powerful position. Ahh how human we are.

Augustine has stated that the dam has been broken. This has happened in so many ways. The fractured nature of our collective spiritual cultures has been put together ever so tentatively. We cannot allow ourselves to fall back into complacency and isolation. We have been brought together to support one another and work together and the blessing of these technologies will help facilitate this cause. I also get the impression that the affect of this gathering on the other side has recruited many more spirits who are willing to further the cause of disseminating the truths to the wider world. The dam has burst in this way as well. So expect more opportunities to come your way as these less developed (but on this plain more effective in some ways) spirits open doors for us. Jesus came to me on my birthday a few days ago and said that the work will now be building momentum quickly and powerfully and to be prepared for what is ahead. The dam has broken in our efforts to be instruments of God’s Love and truth.

In closing I want to reiterate how humbling and gratifying it was to host our gathering. To see how eager you all were to come together and to acknowledge the great effort and sacrifices you all made in order to be there. Thank you all and I am so happy to have made so many new friends. Every one of you is close to my heart and look forward to communicating with you and also seeing your bright shining faces sometime soon. Your brother and friend………..Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Geoff!
Thank you for adding all the photo's! It's awesome to see everyone again.... :lol: Your coffees were the BEST and everyone who came to last Saturday's circle was MISSING you for such a wonderful treat! Hugs Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!