Well here we are in Blackpool

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Geoff
Family

Well here we are in Blackpool

Post by Geoff »

My journey here was rather tedious. I think all up 26 hours from leaving Sydney airport. Caused largely by the flight going via Bangkok rather than direct to Dubai and then a link to Manchester. I was flying Emirates, and they have great service and wonderful new planes, but the stop at Bangkok would have added probably 4 hours all up. Still one advantage was the flights to both Bangkok and Dubai were lightly loaded and although I had no luck getting extra space on the Bangkok leg, I had 3 seats on the leg to Dubai and was able to sleep lying down. Its a great feeling in economy to have almost first class space!!

Met Elizabeth, Terry and Sandy as planned at Manchester. Poor Elizabeth had arrived 5 hours earlier, but at least her flight from NY was quite short. As for Sandy, she could almost have jogged from Frankfort!!!

At the car hire place, I wondered if the angels had arranged things. I had booked a small/medium car but it was not available due to damage, and so we were upgraded to a Peugeot 5008 - a five seater wagon type vehicle. Lots of space!!!

It took an hour to get to Blackpool, and to the Waldorf and as soon as we got our room keys I was in the shower and then to bed for a hours nap. After that, we went looking for Catherine, who we heard was eating an early dinner alone at a steak house. Well again, curiously we could not find the steak house, but Sandy spotted Catherine (whom she has never met- go figure) in the window of a Pizza Hut. Eventually Elizabeth turned up there too, so we all had a nice and quite inexpensive meal. Actually I was very surprised at how good the salad bar was, and I did not have to eat pizza, but had avery tasty salmon pasta bake.

Once finished we went over to the Royal looking for company. There just as we were giving up, a whole taxi van full of folks arrived, including some for the Waldorf. Too many to mention, other than Barb and Bert/Shirley. So I played taxi to find a restaurant, and later when Andrew and then Helge turned up, I was able to get her there.

Sharp eyes may see I am up in the middle of the night, as I expected. jet lag!!! (Actually you would have to be a travel genius, as this board still thinks I am in Sydney, where it is mid afternoon - but I can tell you I have an 11 hour time shift right now.)

We all get together at the WHC today, but I am hoping its a slow day - just the fun of being with great friends!!!

hugs
Geoff
Joseph
Family

Re: Well here we are in Blackpool

Post by Joseph »

Dear Geoff,

O how I thank you for taking the time to type this wonderful travelogue! :D It means so much to me to read what you wrote. I hung on your every word; every detail seemed extremely important to me. I truly hope you are having a slow day and enjoying the visits with friends, reunions with some and meeting new friends. I am particularly interested in hearing about meeting "old friends" you have only known via the cyber-world, but now actually meeting in the flesh. What a happy time this must be for you. I am feeling so happy for you.

Looking forward to additions to your report from Blackpool.

With much love and a hug,

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Geoff, my feelings are similar to Joseph's .... every time I log onto the computer, I can't wait to see if there is an update from one of you. I am so thankful that you have a computer with. I am praying and praying for all of you and also for those who will attend the retreat that are not yet seekers. Oh what a wonderful reunion you must be having ! With love to you all, Kristy
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Joseph wrote:
Looking forward to additions to your report from Blackpool.

With much love and a hug,

Joseph
Dear Joseph,

For reasons i dont understand, i googled the peugeot 5008, to find there were two more seats in the boot floor!!!! It is a seven seater. Think one of the angels was fed up I had not noticed? I will try to do an update tom, too tired now.

hugs
Geoff
Kathryn
Family

Post by Kathryn »

Thank you for the udpate Geoff. Gotta love our angels!

I sure wish I was there with all of you right now but I am in the middle of back to back event planning with work and Spring and Fall are the most difficult times for me to take time away from my business

Like Joseph I find it so wonderful that not only will you meet with old friends but new "old" friends that you have come to know on the internet. I know that the angels have been very hard at work preparing for this gathering and I look forward to hearing all of the wonderful reports.

Sweet Dreams and we look forward to hearing more. Love & Blessings, Kathy
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Well its now 6am and I managed to get almost a full night!!!

The day started with a classic English breakfast - actually a choice of those. I had KIPPERS. Boy how I had missed real English Kippers cooked in butter, and I plan to repeat that today.

We gathered yesterday at the World Healing Crusade building at 11am. This is a fascinating old building, full of nooks and crannies. The morning started with a prayer session and then planning the events, and that was not attended by all, it was mostly the board of the DLSF and some others particularly WHC trustees. We had Jesus come though first, and a few wonderful messages. Followed by Al suddenly leading in a song - Amazing Grace. He had never done that before, and it turned out to have some special signficance for the WHC folks. Then we got to work arranging things the way we thought best. Staff of the WHC had done their best for that, but inevitably we made some changes. Suddenly it was 2:30pm, no lunch taken, and so we went looking for flowers, and Al had to settle his tummy rumbles. I settled for a pint of best English ale. Al and Helge had lager! Jeanne was almost good.

Then back and flower arranging etc took is till a mad rush to be back for the 4:30/5 pm start of the retreat, and dinner taken at 5:30. That was catered and sit down, and was fabulous. But it was a rush to get everyone there, and all this time we were wondering and worrying what had happened to Dennis. Then we all gathered for the opening and Brother Roy gave us a very warm welcome. We had our typical one hour prayer, and more messages. We also introduced everyone, and also talked about the various books folks had created, and which were on the table. As also the gift items that Catherine brought from Uganda.

Then a debrief afterwards, and finally exhausted to bed at 11pm. I was out of it!!! We heard Dennis had finally arrived at the hotel, and gone out for dinner, so we still have not actually seen him.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

And suddenly its all finished for me. It was totally wonderful, awesome, astounding, and even more. Today was maybe the most intense. The retreat has of course two more days still to run, but I must go and meet Janet in Rome.

But I should start with last night and Dennis. yes "our" Dennis. You gotta see this boy live!!! We all gathered in a second bar at the Waldorf that had a stage and was really a night club venue. And Dennis had all the music equipment and he let fly. I dont think I can recall enjoying a live performer more. It was so much fun. Rock and roll, Beatles, even The Phantom of the Opera - yes the Phantom just like you get it on $100 tickets with a full orchestra. Yet I doubt they did it better.

This morning, Sunday, we had an enormously powerful prayer session first up. Jesus, Mary and John the Beloved if I remember correctly. and awesome love flowing. Then to lunch and later break out sessions to cover the topics not covered the day before. Then regroup, debrief and into a last prayer session. There after a nice message from Confucius, we got a message from Brother Mandus. That was very special to all the WHC folks, as he founded and built WHC. And to us it also meant Brother Mandus is a celestial, which I had guessed having read some of his writings. I dont want to steal his thunder, but I suggest reading his message carefully, as there are indeed big things on the horizon.

Tonight is a farewell dinner, and then Elizabeth, Sandy and i leave at ten minutes to FOUR in the morning for manchester airport. Sigh. Till we all meet again.

hugs
Geoff
Doles
Family

Post by Doles »

Geoff wrote,
For reasons i dont understand, i googled the peugeot 5008, to find there were two more seats in the boot floor!!!! It is a seven seater. Think one of the angels was fed up I had not noticed?
And who ever said these fine folks are not great! :lol: Boy, I don't know, but as others have already mentioned...I'm having a good time reading these reports. I was really grinning from reading Geoff's first account. I honestly couldn't be happier! Bless all of you, fine people! May your meeting over the pond be filled with such blessings that the spreading will indeed be so contagious. Here continuing to pray for you all.
With Blessings!
Doles
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Well I am in Rome now. Just a tip, never ever consider going through Fiumicino. Just don't. I will save the details for trip advisor.

The dinner which was my 'farewell" was a wonderful affair, but I will have something to say about it privately. That Jeanne Fike!!!!!! I had dinner conversation with Ann and Marion of WHC and boy was that fun. I cant recall meeting two people able to challenge so effectively, and also to agree so readily. It was a divine conversation.

Our host at the Waldorf, Steve, was actually UP at 3:45am to give us each a breakfast bag. Huh!!! Unbelievable. I cant say enough about him either. WHEN we come back to Blackpool, we have no choice, its the Waldorf. To add to that, Catherine also got up to say good-by. What a great sweet gracious soul she is.

Sadly i got zero sleep after the dinner, so I had to ask Father to keep me awake, and Elizabeth and Sandy safe. He did, we got there in fine time.

There are of course two more days, but i dont know anyone will post who is there, till they get home.

hugs
Geoff
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

Yesterday evening Marion and I safely returned home to Frankfurt/Germany. Our last day was another one filled with Love and beautiful encounters. We had another wonderful prayer session at Monday morning and two intense, more or less spontaneous healing-sessions for my wife Marion and our dear friend Werner.

Now we're back in Germany, filled to the brim with Divine Love!! Often after an intense get-together with nice people one can have feelings of sadness for saying goodbye, but we're just feeling immensely grateful and inspired by all the wonderful encounters we made.

These days in Blackpool have been indescribable..words cannot express what has happened there.. For me personally, this retreat was my very first experience in praying together with like-minded people, although I had been in touch with a couple of them through the internet. But this has exceeded all my (high!) expectations!! There was so much love, there were such enormous amounts of high energy.. Now we have to grant ourselves a little time to digest it all and accept the fact that daily life is going to ask our attention again, but at the same time we feel that something huge has happened that has given an immeasurable input to our lives and the lives of all people connected with us. Our thoughts and feelings are very close with all the people we met and those who are still in Blackpool, enjoying each other's company, joint in the Divine Love. I'm sure, as soon as everybody has returned home safely, we will be talking a lot about our experiences here on the forum. Looking forward to that!

Much Love to you all :P