Song as a Living Prayer House Concert

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
jeanne
Family

Song as a Living Prayer House Concert

Post by jeanne »

Dear Ones,

Seems like our lives (Al and me...plus Maureen, Judy, Betty) is one continuous spiritual get-together!! :lol: Today we are hosting, along with Terry, a fundraising House Concert for Children's Sanctuary Namibia Society. Thanks to Eva you may have read about CSNS in the newsletter - thanks, Eva!

There will be 4 extra-ordinary performers and at last count 45 people squeezed into our living room to enjoy them!

We are raising funds to build an orphanage in Namibia...for Aids-orphaned children living in the bush and in a squatters shanty town in the middle of the Namib Desert. It's called Drimiopsis Settlement Camp. Helge Mercker is the co-founder of CSN - along with a local teacher in the area: the nearest school is 3 km away but the children in the camp hardly attend as they have to walk, no shoes, and no parents to coach them there.

Please consider making a donation to this campaign! Every 6 months Al and I host a fundraiser and with the cost of a meal only 50 cents, any donation, no matter how small, makes a big difference!

Go to Children's Sanctuary Namibia Society to donate, or to Helge's Go Fund Me page. Since Terry, Betty and Judy started up a new, specifically focused society and are applying for Canadian Charitable Status, Al and I now prefer any donations go directly to the new society, rather than to CSN.

We hope you will join us in prayer today as our Sanctuary is buzzing with activity: moving out all the furniture; setting up folding chairs; displaying incredible silent auction items donated by small businesses and friends in our community. Thank you for your consideration ....most of all, thank you for your prayers! Love always, always love, Jeanne :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Song as a Living Prayer House Concert

Post by AlFike »

Yes, we had a very successful fundraiser yesterday. As Jeanne indicated, it was tough to squeeze in all the folks that were there. Jill Shatford and company sang and played their hearts out for our entertainment and spiritual upliftment. She sang many of her own compositions which were spiritual and beautiful. Everyone was entranced by the music. We had many donations as well from the local community for silent auction . They all went for a good price. The item of note was a hand painted banner done by Helge Mercker's mother Frauke of the ' Big Five" animals in Africa. It brought in almost $500.In total the CSN crew, Terry Adler, Betty Owen, Judy Dunbar, Jeanne and I along with other helpers raised $2,300 for Helge's Orphanage fund. Its amazing what a little bit of initiative can do to bring in financial support. Through our efforts of advertising , Bill Frase and family sent a $300 cheque to CSN as well. Momentum is building and we're all committed to see Helge's dream become a reality. A CSN Canada has been born thanks to Terry, Betty and Judy's efforts. Others in our community are also adding their support. Love in action has always been an important part of our Divine Love movement and what has happened here is proof that we can bring change through our efforts. The angels were with us in that concert, God blessed everyone there. This is what its all about folks. Please give if you can towards this Love filled project . Helge needs your help. God bless......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.