Indio Retreat

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Indio Retreat

Post by AlFike »

Yes the workshop and subsequent talk at the church was very successful. God guided us through every minute and the flow of Love in that church was amazingly powerful, bringing a beautiful time for us and those participating. This little church is very special indeed and that was my talk at the Sunday service. I made cue cards for this half hour talk but threw them away and just talked from my heart. Jeanne did a fabulous job uplifting the crowd with her joyful remarks. We're a great team :) Our sincere hope is that our involvement in this church will continue to evolve and strengthen. More surprises on the way to be sure. We'll be publishing more details about our experiences there in the Divine Love newsletter. Much love.......Al

PS: Maureen's talk on the Saturday called Befriending the Soul was a big hit as well. Most of you experienced this talk in Indio so you already know how powerful it is.
Endless journey,endless Love.
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Thanks for your reply Al,

I understand that my response to your message was most likely uncomfortable for you. Nevertheless, you were gracious enough to take the time to step away from it so that you would not respond from a negative place. So, for that I am grateful and send you many blessings because my heart and soul were in my response to you. Moreover, the power and love of God when I prayed with my sister about a very serious situation was so real and tangible that I know that the experience was from above. And if you would have tried to diminish that experience in anyway, I would have been deeply hurt.

Now Moving on:

However, I do have a correction or amendment to make in regards to the term “Namaste” which I used in describing an attribute of Lorna:

Some other popular translations and meanings of the word Namaste:

- The Divine light in me acknowledges the Divine light in you.
- The God in me greets and meets the God in you.
- I honor the spirit in you that is also in me.
- The Divine wisdom in me, recognizes and acknowledges the Divine wisdom in you.

After reading your current reply, I was guided to check out another part of the website, and actually found where you had written a thread called, “Celebrating Lorna in the Kitchen…”

What you said in that thread was absolutely beautiful and life affirming on many levels. Moreover, it also was a true testament of why it is perfectly okay to be lead by the Spirit, and allow yourself to go with the flow of our Heavenly Father and His Angels:
"Then the convener, a lovely soul who conducted the meeting in a harmonious way, got up and said that now Al and Jeanne are going to conduct a prayer/meditation and Al will channel Lorna .

My intention was not to do this, and “I have a rule that I would not do this kind of speaking, directed and confirmed Celestial teachers only.”

[However,] I said nothing and went with the program thinking that nothing would come through anyway. Well no sooner had Jeanne finished with her prayer and Lorna was there with me all bubbly and full of love. So, I relented and allowed her to come through. She started out with a giggle not unlike what Goldie would do and she spoke for several minutes on how happy she is to be in the third sphere. She also encouraged the crowd to go out and serve others, seek out the Divine Love and LIVE LIFE. It was a beautiful and uplifting message and the cherry on the cake for this service.
What This Taught You by Being Flexible and Going With the Flow:

1) I think that I was as surprised as anyone, and I learned a lesson here. Channeling spirits who are not Celestial is ok
given the right circumstances.

2) I'm still a little wary but my resistance is breaking down a little.

3) Lorna actually helped me a great deal in this way by joyfully jumping in and giving her message to the crowd.
Her effervescence and love broke down any of my barriers towards doing this. My heart melted with it.

4) So Lorna got a great reward for all her efforts in love towards others.

IMHO: Yes, she surely did get a great reward for ALL her efforts in showing forth love towards others. Why? Because our Heavenly Father truly loves us unconditionally, and He wants us to try to love each other like that too. It’s not easy, but when you TRUST Him, and the power of His Divine Love, He will help you be able to see His children through His eyes of unconditional Love and not through the eyes of our flesh (judgment or mind). Thus, He will not let you down.

Again, I applaud precious Lorna, for her beautiful and wonderful Divine Love filled soul. Your speaking through Al helped open not only the hearts of others, but opened his heart and mind to the true meaning of God’s Divine Love!

Thanks Al for all that you and Jeanne, Maureen and all the others that are doing a wonderful good work at FUSC. And not just there, but all over the world. BTW: Maureen is a very good teacher.

In closing, I’d like to leave with something Jesus said to his disciples:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. [For] By this everyone will KNOW that you are my disciples, IF you have love for one another.” (John 13:-34-35)
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks for your reply Al,

I understand that my response to your message was most likely uncomfortable for you. Nevertheless, you were gracious enough to take the time to step away from it so that you would not respond from a negative place
I'm not sure where this comment is coming from Marga ? I was happy with your treatment of the Pentecost message if this is what you are referring to. You always bring fresh insight into these things and it is much appreciated. Keep it coming sister :) God bless......Al
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Sorry, Al,

That my comment about something I said in my response may have made you uncomfortable -- but ended up confusing you because you actually did appreciate what I had posted and that the points that's been brought up about the Pentecost are welcome. Therefore, may I please explain. What I thought may have been hard for you to digest was when I started talking about my praying using "Light Language" when I prayed with my sister on Pentecost Sunday night.

Because as you can tell from my posts that I love all of what you had mentioned about what was happening at FUSC. For example:
"Yes the workshop and subsequent talk at the church was very successful. God guided us through every minute and the flow of Love in that church was amazingly powerful, bringing a beautiful time for us and those participating. This little church is very special indeed and that was my talk at the Sunday service."
Getting Back to Light Language:

To be specific, when I prayed using "Light Language" instead of praying silently or with words! I was nervous about disclosing that here because I didn't know how that element may have been taken or understood by the Divine Love community, etc. While the term is "new," the process of doing this actually started on the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit ushered in the Divine Love into souls of Jesus' disciples and other followers (approx. 125) received it in great abundance.

"Speaking in Tongues" was what others heard the disciples doing afterwards because it was written that they were praising God in their native languages. And the people that heard this were from various places around the world. That was the "assurance" or "manifestation" that they had the Divine Love physically now inside of their souls. BTW: I have not seen anywhere in the Padgett messages that this part didn't happen.

Hope this puts both of us at ease now!! ;)

Sending you much love and respect,

Marga
(Your sister in Christ)
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks for the clarity Marga. When I praise God in English am I speaking in tongues ;) :lol: ? I must admit that the whole issue of 'Tongue Speaking' confuses and perplexes me. I just seems like the speaking of the Holy spirit is just lower spirit mediumship . The psychic energy is there in the room as everyone gets worked up, they're open and enthusiastic and the flood gates open for these spirits. I've never had this experience so I'm just spouting off with my own ideas here. Forgive me if I am being offensive. As a medium, I tend to relate things in this way. It makes more sense to me than thinking that the Holy Spirit loves old German or some such language. It is an odd phenomenon that must have a logical explanation to it since in God's Economy, everything fits together in a sensible way. I know that for those who have experienced it, it is a sacred thing so no doubt I have offended someone who is reading this. Again, apologies for my lack of respect here but I would be interested in other's ideas around this experience. God bless.......Al
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Al,

I truly understand your conclusion. However, because this subject is a spiritual or soul level issue, which is not comprehended by the mind. Therefore, it may be a topic that will be better understood by your asking Jesus, John or Paul to explain. However, in the interim, here is a little nugget of something that Dr. Stone touched on in True Gospel.

Dr. Stone explains:

"But men are tragically mistaken, declares Jesus, when they believe that the mind is superior to or the equal of the soul or that the soul is merely a name which is given to an entity whose existence is either doubtful or has not basis in fact. For the mind is limited and dependent upon the soul, the seat of the emotions and the passions, and it is the soul which is the real man. It is through the soul perceptions that man knew instinctively that he was linked to his Creator, whom he was to revere and obey.

Man, says Jesus, can know and knows God only because he possesses a soul, and he can never know God if he seeks Him intellectually and with his mind alone. Doubt and speculation is a product of the mind, but faith is a product of the soul and we can create the spiritual link with God through prayer. NOT a mental prayer, but a prayer that comes from man's soul--earnest, sincere, full of longing, faith and love." (TGRA Vol. I, pg. XXIII)

Therefore, after you've had a chance to do a little spiritual inquiry about this from more qualified higher spirits that are more knowledgeable about clearing up or opening this topic for you, I'm going to step away from trying to defend it for now. Hope that makes sense.

Peace and continued blessings,

Marga
kristin
New Friend

Post by kristin »

I heard (from an angel!) that there was a wonderful posting on the DLSF and this morning had time to read it and was not disappointed! What wonderful accounts were written, Eva of the entire retreat, and Marga I love your writing skills letting us know what you witnessed in the healing service! Without this recounting it is easy for things to slip together but this sharing of it added even more to the richness of the event that I was grateful to be a part of and felt a warmth when Geoff made his way to me as the deliverer of my personal blessing! Geoff and Al - thanks for your postings on the healing service and prayers sharing your experience and perspectives.

Marga I want let you know how much I appreciated your remembering and asking during the prayer service if I wanted a prayer for my mother, and you also prayed sincerely for Elizabeth's dear daughter Deb recently passed (and whom I told later that you had prayed for her and she was so thankful)! You are a woman of many talents, sincere prayer and great heart!!

What I took away from the retreat was a confirmation of how valuable it is for us in the divine love community to spend together time. Those of us that were blessed to attend each chose to invest our precious time and resources to be with our brothers and sisters in the love - to share a hug, a smile, a meal, a walk, a song, a cup of coffee, a prayer - this togetherness is rich for me as it allows me to carry each of you in my heart in a different way than if I were to just hear of you or know you through email or the sharing of others. We were also blessed with challenges in navigating differences, and I left with a deeper awareness of how important this task is in order to facilitate soul harmony, and keeping our energies focused on loving each other and increasing our soul yearnings for the Love.

I am grateful for the organizers Holly and Joan who made the event possible, and their assistants and session leaders, for each person that was able to come, and also those that supported us in thoughts and prayers. Tim and Jimbeau thank you for bringing your divine love music and talents so we could celebrate with music!!

It was a blessed event, and I hope the angels continue to guide us in finding ways to spend time together celebrating and seeking the Father's Love.