Indio Retreat

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Eva
Family

Indio Retreat

Post by Eva »

The Indio retreat has come and gone. Below are some of my impressions. If you were there, please add yours, and feel free to submit your stories to the next issue of the Divine Love Newsletter (by around mid-June for the July issue).

Over twenty Divine Love seekers from the USA, Canada and Australia accepted the invitation to God's Divine Love "wedding feast" in Indio, CA. On May 7, they excitedly gathered in Holly Bianco's Penthouse at the beautiful WorldMark Resort with the anticipation of four days of prayers, presentations, singing, sightseeing, fellowship, fun and feasting.

The Penthouse became a bustling bee hive throughout the week with sharing of hugs, thoughts, insights, and experiences. An atmosphere of love, joy, peace, and cooperation prevailed as acquaintances were made or renewed and friendships deepened. Divine Love was palpably felt and healings experienced.

A spirit of generosity and service was present with those who had written books or produced music CDs sharing them for free or a voluntary donation. Many worked hard before and during the retreat to make the occasion a success.

On her "vision quest" in driving from the state of Washington to California, Patricia Doyle was blessed on the last leg of her journey with a special picture of Jesus, which, with two of her other art pieces featuring Jesus, added to the ambience of the meeting room. Eva Peck's set of "God Affirmations" from the Bible decorated the walls reminding participants to focus on our Heavenly Father. The coffee table decorations of candles, cut-outs of doves and the blessings bowl (presented to Holly by Al Fike at the start of the retreat) symbolised light, peace, the Holy Spirit, and prayers for those in need.

After the morning prayers, participants benefited from short presentations. Eva Peck guided the group through two EFT/tapping routines (EFT is a useful energy modality involving tapping on acupuncture points). Patricia Doyle shared about Radical Forgiveness, as well as a profound personal experience. Maureen Cardozo guided the group through an exercise on befriending the soul. Holly Bianco enlisted actors from among the group to enact several of Jesus' parables. After the prayer circles, Kristin Lortie led the group in an enjoyable stretching and back rubs routine.

The weather, while for a couple of days cooler than expected, remained pleasant throughout the retreat. Those who wished to explore the area took nature trips to Joshua Tree National Park, Mt San Jacinto via the Palm Springs Aerial Tram, the local zoo, and Shields date farm and garden. Relaxation opportunities offered by the resort included a gym, a spa, tennis courts, two swimming pools, several hot tubs, a Lazy River, as well as the possibility of walks on the edge of a golf course. Maureen Cardozo also led those interested in yoga.

Attendees enjoyed abundant, healthy and delicious meals at affordable cost. Meals ranged from Subway salad sandwiches to Mexican bean dishes, to chicken and beef roasts with salads and vegetables. Left-overs provided more than enough for the last day of feasting.

On the last evening, Tim Foley and the Divine Love Singers treated the group to a music performance of his compositions, as well as other songs with audience participation.

After four full days of spiritual and physical festivities, attendees left the resort recharged and ready to spread God's Divine Love among those they'll interact with back home.

Thank you, dear Heavenly Father for answering our pre-retreat prayers and blessing us so abundantly. May we truly glorify you in our day to day choices and walk in Love and Grace.

You can see the retreat pictures at https://www.facebook.com/groups/744557159004135/. (If you can't access the page content, let me know and I'll add you to the group.)

Love,
Eva
Eva
Family

Re: Indio Retreat

Post by Eva »

Just one more thing. It was pointed out to me that I had inadvertently omitted mentioning an important part of the retreat, namely the Candlelight Healing Ceremony. So here it goes:

On the second night of the retreat, a special Candlelight Healing Ceremony was held. During the ceremony, our beliefs were reviewed, prayers recited, and candles were lit by each participant for their own or others healing. Geoff Cutler, who is a healer, supported by the rest of the group, performed a healing on each person.

Please share any retreat experiences that you feel others will be inspired and edified by.
Love,
Eva
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Hi Eva,

I just wanted to expound on your bringing up that beautiful Candlelight Healing Ceremony which truly stood out as one of high points of this retreat. It's been a long time since I've posted on the forum, but I was very happy to see all of you guys again. There was a wonderful confirmation in my spirit that I should still be apart of this group. So, I'm back and please forgive my lengthy posts and hope you don't mind my being back.

After the initial lighting of candles and singing songs and saying prayers, Geoff made his way around the room laying hands on people. I had been seating between Joseph and Eva as Geoff had come and prayed over me and was moving on. Thus, I had started quietly praying in the Spirit. However, as time went by, I had opened my eyes at one point, and could see that many of the people had extended their hands toward Geoff as he walked around praying for each person. Thankfully, I believed that their energy was being sent to him directly and there was no need for anyone to actually go over to him. However, I could feel the atmosphere in the room had changed.

Nevertheless, Joseph also sensed the presence of the Angels and that the atmosphere had changed. He later told me that I was actually shaking. That is when he felt that IF we didn’t get up, and go over to Geoff, the Angels would take us there. Therefore, he motioned for me to get up, and then I helped him up as well. He went directly over to Geoff and laid his hand on Geoff's shoulder. I put one of my hands close to Geoff, but didn't want to obstruct his ability to move to the next person as he was still praying for people.

As Joseph was going over to Geoff, he had motioned to Al to also come and join in. Thus, three of us were closing following Geoff as he continued to pray for people.

After Geoff had Finished Praying:

As Geoff sat down after praying for all the people, we started praying for him, and a word from the Lord came through me announcing that Geoff was going to be blessed, elevated (promoted) for the work that he has been doing over the years for the Kingdom. Moreover, that this blessing would come on this side of the veil, not some future blessing once he crossed over.

The power of the Lord was high in the room. Thus, Geoff’s immediate response to feeling the empowerment, he said he wanted to pray for Tim again. So, he got up, and the three of us tagged along with him as he started praying for Tim again.

What Geoff said:

Thankfully, I had an opportunity to actually speak privately with Geoff about what had transpired the night before as he was praying for the attendees, and he let me know that while he was used to praying for a few people at a time, he was still kind of tired from that long flight from Australia and his energy was getting low as there were over 20 people in the room. (Paraphrased). Thus he did benefit from the prayers that were sent to him. BTW: Geoff, please feel free to correct this If I misspoke on this point or if you want to add your own thoughts.

My Conversation with Al as to what He Experienced:

The next day, I had asked Al about why he was came up, and he said that Joseph had asked him to come over by motioning for him to come up too. However, he had told me that he knew this was supposed to be about Geoff, and that he didn’t want to take away from that, yet he too was being guided to take part in that healing service. (Paraphrased)

What was icing on the cake was: Later that same night, I just happened to be sitting next to Joseph when Al thanked him for the healing that was felt on his back after his coming up there to join in on praying for Geoff. He believed that it was Joseph who had prompted that healing because he said when he felt that the pain in his back was gone. And when he looked around, he saw Joseph was standing behind him. Thus he credited Joseph for that healing. However, I said that I believed it was because of his obedience of his joining us as Joseph had motioned for him to do that he actually entered into the area where the power was being received that caused his back to also be healed. (Paraphrased). BTW: Al, please feel free to correct this statement if I misspoke.

A couple of days after the retreat, Tim sent me emails stating that he actually received more than one blessing/healing after Geoff had prayed for him that second time.

1. He had a bloodshot eye completely cleared up.

2. "This evening I was blessed by the Presence of Love so great!!! Wow. Maybe, I took home an advanced spirit being who could help me channel into the silence even further. I'm VERY grateful and hope the intensity continues."

3. "Yes, I was very grateful for the second healing administered thru Geoff. The warmth was unlike any earthly warmth I can remember experiencing. It was amazing."

Tim, IMHO: you have truly experienced mighty healings at the Indio Retreat!!! Honestly, I don't believe you will ever be the same.

Honestly, none of us left that Indio Retreat as we had come. Moreover, we also prayed for the people whose names were in the "prayer bowl"; as well as, anyone that attendees had spoken their names out loud to pray for.

Looking forward to attending more Divine Love Retreats in the future.

Sending you all much Divine Love, peace and continued blessings,

Marga McCrady
(Your sister in Christ)
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thank you Marga for your inspiring addition of what not everyone may have been aware of during the Healing Ceremony.

Thank you everyone for your beautiful prayers, for sharing your gifts, for your work and all your other contributions to make the retreat a wonderful success.

Thank you especially to the organizers, Holly and Joan, for all their pre-retreat planning and preparations.

Thank you to Joan for creating the beautiful itinerary, for your music compilation, and for leading us during the prayer circles.

Thank you to Ruth for her tireless efforts in the kitchen and for her example of positiveness and cheerfulness despite physical challenges.

Thank you to Patricia for sharing her artwork with us all, and for sharing her accommodation with me -- I miss the fun and laughter we had together!

Thank you to those who drove us to the various outings.

Thank you to everyone not specifically mentioned for your contribution to a wonderful love-filled retreat.

And thank you to Michael Nedbal, who couldn't attend the retreat this time, for creating a beautiful collage for the Divine Love newsletter (also posted in the Divine Love Reunions Facebook page).

Much love to you all and looking forward to seeing you again at future retreats.
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Thank you Marga for raising the matter of the healing service that was certainly one of the highlights of the retreat for me, and it seems for some others.

It was a first time for me to follow the FCNB protocol, and Joan had mentioned that she would "nominate" me as the healer in one of the statements in that are used in that service. But it did come as a complete surprise when she suddenly announced that I would now lay hands on everyone present. That is partly because I very rarely do that, being predominantly a remote healer, and secondly the service notes I read did not indicate that. (Or I missed it) As also 24 people is a heck of a lot to channel energy for each individually. The approach that I and many others have used in the DL movement in the past is to sit with hands joined which means that everyone is laying hands on everyone else. So there is a far greater pool of energy available. Anyway with some misgivings, I stood up, thinking it was truly over to Father. And as I stood up I felt the power of the angels join me and then I knew it would be fine.

Tim was first up, and took a great deal of energy. Normally I would wait for the energy flow to subside, but I became concerned we might be there all night. LOL. :lol: So I moved on prematurely which is why I was prompted by the angels to return to him, and he got a second dose. During the healings I am guided by the energy flow to tell me if anything is happening. But for the very first time I discovered there were many people where I thought nothing was happening. To be quite specific one indicator is my hands do get hot, and I can feel that. But I did not feel that at all on this occasion. Yet a great many later told me my hands were like a hot frying pan. So that's new and a learning for me. Can't assume nothing is happening.

I was certainly supported by many present sending me remote energy, but it was even more useful when folks stood up and assisted. I had been reluctant to ask for that, only because it seemed that it could become unwieldy with a huge bunch of us trying to get co-ordinated. But there were some amazing energy flows and Ruth comes to mind. It was so strong I commented at the time and Jimbeau who was sitting next to her said he could feel the wave of energy as I approached Ruth. For sure she got a huge inflow which again surprised me because as many would know she just spent 2 months here in Aus with me, and I did quite a few healings here in Aus so I did not expect it to be like that.

So a novel experience for me but something I was extremely happy to facilitate. And very pleased to hear of the results Tim experienced because I did not manage to speak to him later, so that feedback is news to me. I did see Ruth bouncing around like a 17 year old. :lol:

hugs
Geoff
jimmyaloha77
Busy Bee

Post by jimmyaloha77 »

I want to thank Marga for such a comprehensive and loving post about the Healing Service at the Indio retreat. It was obviously a highpoint for several of the attendees and I could feel the healing energies coming through Geoff's hands when placed above me. It was like a heat lamp filled with the love of the angels was upon me. I could have only imagined what wonderful healings others might have received until reading your account.
I am grateful to you for posting. Thank you Heavenly Father for your love and grace!
Jimbeau
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Thank you all for sharing these details for those of us who were not physically present.

Blessings...

Catherine
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Hi Geoff,

Thank you so much for filling in the pieces that I couldn't have known that were going on with you and your style of healing. It was so good to see you again and spend some quality time, cooking, talking and praying in person! However, I must say that when I was asked to share my experience that night, had actually put in my draft this opening statement:

"Joan had asked Geoff to be the one that would pray for the people the night before. And what was special about this particular prayer service was that it was based on the “Regular and Absent Healing Service” for the Foundation Church of the New Birth and Study Groups guidelines...."

I just happened to be near you two when she asked you. And didn't hear anything about it was going to be based on FCNB's format either. Thus, I was surprised too when we were given the guidelines at the Candelight Healing service. However, since I always have long post, tried to cut that intro out. But it looks like it may have helped for those that was not present to understand the situation better.

Nevertheless, please know that I now honestly understand why Joan used this format. The majority of us come from the Foundation Church of the New Birth (FCNB) -- where she received her title of "Reverand" ordination [even though she doesn't like using the term officially] If I remember correctly. So, this healing service format was typically used for our healing services at private prayer circles. Thus, her doing so was for the highest good.

Moreover, I didn't mean for my post to disrespect or minimize any of the work that she and Holly or NOT acknowledge ALL of those that worked so hard in an effort to make this a wonderful experience for the attendees succeeded. The retreat was fantastic and I'm so grateful and thankful that I attended. However, I was asked to comment on this particular healing service period.

Moving On:

BTW: Ruth is such a wonderful person who I love and respect -- Thus, was very excited to reunite with after Oceanside and DC. we spent time cooking, shopping, talking and praying together. And yes, she had shared with me that you had treated her like a queen while she was in Australia. Also that it had rained for 35 days while she was there. (Smile).

Moreover, I also felt some of Ruth's power/energy that last day at the retreat when I was able to sit next to her and we joined hands sometime while participating in our silent prayer circle as the beautiful music that Joan had chosen was playing. Immediately felt how warm her hand was. Agree that she was looking great everyday and being very active during this retreat.

In Closing:

Geoff, I love how you use the term "Angel" guided you or said to return to Tim, etc. That is a perfect example of what I meant when I said that I'm supposed to be in the Divine Love community to help with the "Christians!" However, I need help with the "Spiritual" side. Such as, terms, techniques and/or experiences that are not taught in traditional churches or even in some Divine Love circles.

Sending you much love and respect,

Marga
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear Eva, Catherine and Jimbeau,

You are all so welcome.

Thank you, Jimbeau for bringing this exciting experience up so that others could respond to how much we were blessed during this special service that Joan had pulled together in such a elegant and powerful way. Agree with you that it was one of the highlights of this retreat. Thanks too for sharing what you experienced during this event.

Glad too that Geoff truly enjoyed his participation in it. IMHO: This was a prime example of how we can unite in love for the purpose of being vessels and/or conduits that our heavenly Father's can use for the healing, strengthening and upliftment of His children!

Sending you all much love,

Marga
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks to all for describing and highlighting the healing service at Indio. Geoff did an amazing job and he was well supported by all of our focus and prayers as batteries for him. The Angels of course did the lions share of the healing work as we know. I believe that we were more in alignment with God's Will when we use our gifts and our focus in this way. God desires to connect with us on many levels and has much to bring in blessing us. In this light, I believe that when we are in retreat there should be less focus on words and doctrine and more focus on prayer and healing. We had plenty of time to connect with each other and that was very enjoyable but I felt that we could have gone deeper in prayer if we allowed more time for silent or soft music meditation. In other words, the prayers were too short and the music too loud.

It's interesting that our prayer cultures are so different. I'm sure that this is a reflection of the fact that we are somewhat isolated from one another and have had different religious/spiritual backgrounds. In Vancouver our 'Gibson's" method was developed many years ago by Alec Gaunt. That format has not changed much in 50 years.It involves receiving messages from the angels if there is a medium present and the conditions are right. For Indio I was asked not to be used in this way but we were encouraged by the organizers to have this separate prayer time at another location, so we did just that and basically prayed in the way that we were used to. I think that this was a good solution to what could have been a source of tension and it was resolved amicably. Those who wished to hear from the angels did and those who had no interest did not attend. Different strokes for different folks. Honestly, I don't know why there is such tension around this issue. Since we are following truths received through a medium, it seems logical that we would follow this tradition by allowing information to continue to flow. Some find this a distraction and I get that. Some want complete silence while praying and meditating. Yet I do not feel that all our needs were adequately met in the big circle. It's format was not conducive to deep prayer, the individual prayers took up too much time, the music was often jarring and abrupt and the prayer times were often ad hoc rather than the focus of the day. That said, I want to also acknowledge the hard work that was put into getting this show on the road and moving forward. All the organizers did their best given the format of the event. Jeanne and I have put on retreats and we know how unwieldy they can be. Our focus was always on making sure the prayers were the main event and happened more or less on time. This is why people spend their time, energy and money on these retreats. It's fun to get together but the real gold is in praying together. Much love and appreciation to all.........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.