Celebrating Lorna in the kitchen at the Spiritualist Church

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
AlFike
Site Admin

Celebrating Lorna in the kitchen at the Spiritualist Church

Post by AlFike »

Yesterday something quite remarkable happened. As you probably already know, our dear friend and long time Divine Love follower passed away a few days back. It was decided that two ceremonies or celebrations of life were to be held in her honor. The largest one will be held this coming Thursday ( Nov. 17th) while a smaller and more intimate event was held this past Sunday.

Lorna loved people and would seek out ways of connecting with others in whatever opportunity was available to her. One of those avenues opened up at the Spiritualist church in the Vancouver area. The FUSC is a small, cozy church run by a few very dedicated souls of which Lorna became a part. She quickly got onto the executive contributing her knowledge of book keeping and accounts to their advantage. Like so many other aspects of Lorna's life, she threw herself whole heartedly into this organization and won over their hearts. Her role was not so much up front and in the limelight but usually in the background quietly but solidly supporting its leadership. She would never shrink from expressing her opinion though ;) .
When Lorna passed on, her daughter Kathy ( also an avid DL follower) wanted to have a service at this church in order to honor her mom. She asked Jeanne and I to more or less officiate and contribute a short talk on Divine Love. Truth be told, Lorna had urged us to do this talk months ago and we were scheduled to give it on that very day. So these two objectives meshed very well for that Sunday service at the church. It was decided that Jeanne, myself, Kathy and dear old Percy would speak on the platform. Jeanne is an accomplished public speaker as was Percy in his day but Kathy and I are not. We both felt our nerves but as is our way, we prayed like crazy in order to quell the anxiety. In both cases, it worked wonders. We had all written scripts to follow. Each talk a little different with Jeanne and Kathy eloquently dovetailing Lorna's contributions and achievements with how she embraced the Divine Love. Both were heartfelt and well received. Percy shot from the cuff and gave a short but emotion filled statement about love. By this time my nerves felt like a gentle quaver rather than the OMG what have I got myself into howl. I thanked Percy and went up to the podium. I started to read my script for a few pages, then I read a short description on what Divine Love is to the sixty or so attendees. I'll include my write up here for those who are interested.

To be embraced by God like a child in their parent’s arms and to know that firm and loving grasp is all that is needed to feel whole and happy. This is the Divine Love. Along with its encompassing warmth and balm comes a knowing from deep within that I am in that place of complete rightness and alive with scintillating light. It is palpable and as exciting as the lustful embrace of lovers yet unlike the physical realm, it is soft as gentle breezes and the scents of flowers. The ardor of my soul is stirred and that deep longing rises up in hopes of finding union with my Creator. I am awakened by the Divine touch; its electric charge opens me to that place of endless possibilities and cosmic knowing. The world fades as light blinds me with holy presence. I am both as small as a speck of dust and as great as a galaxy. There is no time, no place, just being and knowing.
• In this expansive place, I begin to understand what life is for and how uniquely beautiful is my being and all beings. I begin to know what love is. A glimpse of the absolute and a slice of it remains within me never to leave. I have been touched by God, my soul changed forever in the unfolding of a journey that never ends. This is God’s Love. The opening of a door… just a crack… carries my soul heavenward for a time then lets me gently down to this heavy world. This glimpse is all I need to carry on and wish for more. It will come again and I will be back to that place of blissful peace and knowing embrace. God’s Love ever growing within, His essence working it’s magic. The changes affecting me in ways unanticipated and delightful. My vision opens even here as new senses emerge and play upon my consciousness. Wisdom from that deep place turns my thoughts to Godly truths. I am no longer weighted down by fearful armor and vengeful acts. I am God’s child, known and knowing that He is my Father. I am redeemed and on my road to blissful, joyous reunion with Him. Yes, now I know what love truly is… freedom and life… joy and wisdom… knowing and knowing.

After my little dissertation I began to wander off script and started to speak in a relaxed and focussed flow. My talk wasn't too long but I was overjoyed that I got to a place of relaxed connection and communication rather than battling that wall of anxiety. All the talks were well received and some others shared as well. The feeling in the room was magical and full of loving light. Then the convener, a lovely soul who conducted the meeting in a harmonious way, got up and said that now Al and Jeanne are going to conduct a prayer/meditation and Al will channel Lorna :shock: . My intention was not to do this and I have a rule that I would not do this kind of speaking, directed and confirmed Celestial teachers only. I said nothing and went with the program thinking that nothing would come through anyway. Well no sooner had Jeanne finished with her prayer and Lorna was there with me all bubbly and full of love. So, I relented and allowed her to come through. She started out with a giggle not unlike what Goldie would do and she spoke for several minutes on how happy she is to be in the third sphere. She also encouraged the crowd to go out and serve others, seek out the Divine Love and LIVE LIFE. It was a beautiful and uplifting message and the cherry on the cake for this service. I think that I was as surprised as anyone and I learned a lesson here. Channeling spirits who are not Celestial is ok given the right circumstances. I'm still a little wary but my resistance is breaking down a little. Lorna actually helped me a great deal in this way by joyfully jumping in and giving her message to the crowd. Her effervescence and love broke down any of my barriers towards doing this. My heart melted with it.
So Lorna got a great reward for all her efforts in love towards others. She made it to the third sphere. I must confess that this has been my goal too when I pass over. Only time will tell if it will come to true. Lorna, you are a light and example for all of us. Your light will continue to grow and you will clear the trail for the rest of us. Much love to you sister and all those who wish to follow in your footsteps. Until we embrace again .God bless......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Re: Celebrating Lorna in the kitchen at the Spiritualist Chu

Post by Geoff »

That was wonderful Al. Wonderful on all fronts.

hugs
Geoff
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

What a beautiful experience. Thanks a lot, Al!!

Hugs,
Arie
JAB
Family

Post by JAB »

Thank you, Al, for sharing the event and the experience. I am very happy to hear that you allowed Lorna to speak.

With love,
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

What joy your post brings, Al, and thank you for sharing it with us here!

Your description of Divine Love was so beautiful and I have no doubt of its effectiveness on all who heard it. Then to hear from Lorna, what a blessing! As an ardent Padgett reader, I so enjoyed reading how the various souls progressed through the spheres. Now hearing that Lorna is in the Third Sphere is just a boost to all of our souls, knowing what the gift of our Creator's Love has in store for all of us.

Thank you again for sharing it here!

Love and hugs,
Dennis