Namibia Retreat 2017

Discuss prayer meetings and retreats here
Helge Mercker
Family

Re: Namibia Retreat 2017

Post by Helge Mercker »

My dearest friends

Graciously I accept all the commentaries here and embrace the deliberations and council given, also through private communications. Indeed, living in a time of many and fast paced changes it makes it truly difficult to plan anything so far ahead. It is not my nature either to do so and am usually a last minute sign-upee.

The date was chosen as to co-inside with Marion’s and Arie’s coming to Namibia. In addition also, to provide a time for working (Namibian) parents (and also their children) to attend parts or all of the retreat. The month of May is our big school holiday period and everyone is busy with travelling and family time. Usually in Drimiopsis many children are with relatives on farms or in surrounding areas as the schools are closed for the whole month. In addition a retreat is planned in California during May.

I apologize for have overlooked considerations as have been expressed above or in private emails and thus wish to leave the date open for a Namibian Retreat. Like Dennis said: “ …..and if it is His Will, something will happen !” And it is His Will I wish to serve, more than anything else.
My mom and I will see many of you in Blackpool and in Frankfurt and we can discuss and plan further as we closely listen to our souls, ever seeking God’s whisper, guiding and leading us. I continue in my prayers for faith and courage, soul clarity and – wisdom, to follow His ever guiding Light as a humble servant of His Love.

Sending you embraces of love, Helge.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Helge,
I am working on the January newsletter and was wondering if you wanted anything mentioned about the Namibia retreat -- since Easter is not that far away.
Love,
Eva
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Thank you Eva for your reminder.
Yes, indeed, it is with great joy that i will welcome some of you very soon in Namibia. Nothing has changed on my guidance as to the timing of the gatherings and i was encouraged to have a 2 weeks (or so) window for togetherness. Thus here is the official invitation:

Divine Love Safari* -- Namibia 2017

Dates: Start- April 4th to End- April 18th 2017

I invite you to an adventure by travelling Namibia in the spirit of Divine Love.
It is an experiencing of many different situations in the flow of Divine Love. All is dependent on participants and what they are moved to do and it will be in the flow of soul understandings and experiencing. However, the framework of events are planned as follows:

Tuesday 4th (Arrival day) to Sunday 9th April 2017: Swakopmund- Gathering
[am and pm prayers at Mercker’s Home] Activities: Desert tours, Dune walking and sundowners, Boat tours, Mondesa(Township)-visit, Camel riding, Quadbiking, Beach walking, Swimming etc

Monday 10th to Wednesday 12th April 2017: Erindi Private Game Reserve http://www.erindi.com/
stay 3 nights (and pay for two). Go here to look at costs http://www.erindi.com/stay-3/ [am and pm prayers ] discussion groups, rest, game drives, photography etc.

Thursday 13th to Monday 17th April 2017: Drimiopsis and Farm Elim – Gathering
Staying on farm and work in Drimiopsis during day. Prayer and Healing circles in Drimiopsis. Healing work for the sick and children. Building-work on Orphanage grounds. Gardening. Teaching. Travel to other isolated Bushmen camps. Visit Harnas Lion Reserve http://harnas.org/

Tuesday 18th(Departure day): Windhoek Airport-departure (3 hours drive from farm)

To save costs we try and prepare our own meals most of the time. All expenses are paid by participants themselves. I try and organize accommodation for free where possible (first confirmed coming, first serve basis).
Please note: we have many languages in our country and most people are multilingual. I cannot predict in what language a gathering will be conducted. We will make all efforts that people participating can follow in their language with the help of translators. English is our official language though.

Namibia is a huge country with long travelling-distances. Roads are dangerous. Theft is high. It is the rainy season, we have plenty of bugs and creepy crawlers. There is the possibility that personal comfort levels might get challenged at times by the above mentioned and the heat. Thus, get ready for an adventure on all levels. Please do your research and be informed and well prepared wrt visa, airfare, insurance, health aspects etc. We have 2 vehicles available for use, gas/petrol needs to be paid by participants. Once I have an idea how many are coming I can provide more and detailed information.

Looking forward to hear from you, Helge.
helgemercker (at) yahoo (dot) com

PS- when researching flights, it would be great to fly into Walvisbay WVB and depart from Windhoek WHK- HoseaKutakoAirport (provided it is not an extra expense) It would save me a lot of driving. There are shuttle busses from Wdh to Swakop (5 hrs travel). We will work something out....not to worry.

*The Swahili word safari means journey, originally from the Arabic سفر (safar) meaning a journey
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Dear friends.

As questions trickle in, I will add the responses here as to the benefit of all others interested in coming.

You are most welcome to arrive earlier or stay longer. I know it is a long way to come and we will be delighted to have you longer in Namibia than just the 2 weeks for the Divine Love Safari. It is an amazing country and you will not be disappointed.

Flights out of Europe are with Condor (Frankfurt Windhoek nonstop) about 700US$, also check with KLM (Amsterdam-Windhoek) about 700US$; Air Namibia (Frankfurt-Windhoek) more expensive. SouthAfricanAirways or Lufthansa via Johannesburg. I am sure there are many more options as Namibia has become a very popular destination.

The Namibian Dollar is linked to the South African Rand and thus is devaluing accordingly. This is to the benefit for the visitors coming from overseas and to travel here is fairly cheap for most. Groceries are expensive (for us Namibians) but I think for the prior mentioned reason, it might be cheap for most visitors.

I deeply wish and pray that permanent circles of Light will be established in Swakopmund and in Drimiopsis through the Grace of God and your presence here. During the stay in the game reserve I hoped we could focus prayers upon our land, nature, animals and mother earth in general. We, the people here need lot of healing prayers too.- A focused healing mini-retreat in natural environment with amazing wild life.

Some want to spend more time in Drimiopsis and help there. It would be advisable to extend your stay at the end then. CSN has received the land of 4,5 hecktars (9 acres) applied for and we want to proceed clearing part of the land end January. We received the good news about 10 days ago from the Minister of Lands and Resettlement. In deep gratitude and joy from all of us for all the prayers and support. It is so hard to believe, after 3.5years wait. A sure test of faith and patience.

Ok, this is all for now and please don’t hesitate to write or send me your questions. To all a blessed season of joy in His Love and may we meet soon under African skys.

Loving embraces, Helge.
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Some of you want to start planning your travels. There are several factors to consider in your planning and i hope i can provide the answers as we go along.

1.-It seems flights are cheaper flying in and out of same location. (WHK or WVB) instead of multi city. If you decide to fly into/out WindhoekWHK (is most probably the cheapest way) HuseaKutako International Airport, ……….....please be aware its 40km outside of Windhoek. You need to be picked up there. Henning will assist with this if available.

Please note: our first confirmed participants’ arrive Sun April 2 at 6:30am in WHK (coming out of Frankfurt). It would help us if others could arrive around same time.

2. If you want to stay in Windhoek for a day or 2 before or after the safari, i recommend (maybe they will give a special rate for Divine Lovers- i will check with them)
http://casa-piccolo.com/aboutus.html Casa Piccolo fills up fast as they are very popular. You can investigate other options too.

3. ---Windhoek to Swakop drive There are door to door shuttle buses. The one i use is: http://namibiashuttle.com/namibia-shutt ... hedule.htm They pick up persons in Windhoek (not airport). If there are several to be picked up around the same time, one of us hopefully can pick you up. Its a 4.5 to 5 hour drive one way.
-------WalvisbayWVB arrivals- one of my family or me picking you up. 30 minutes to Swakopmund.

4. Swakopmund Accomodation (4 to 9April)
Swakopmund is a very popular destination for tourists all year round and month of April fills up fairly fast. We have a big home and all of our prayers and the weekend retreat will be held here. Our address 153 Anton Lubowski street, Swakopmund (so you can Google it). Our available 2 guestrooms (4 beds) are taken already, but we have floorspace if you are willing to sleep on the floor. I still will try and get free accommodation through friends.
There are 3 places to stay that are very close and here are links to their websites if you are interested in booking a room.
http://desertbreezeswakopmund.com/index.php#about
http://www.stay-at-swakop.com/
https://www.safarinow.com/go/thealterna ... amersdorf/

5. Provisional Outline of Program for Swakop
........to be continued next posts.
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Soul-Safari Namibia 2017

by Terry Adler

When Helge Mercker visited Frankfurt in 2016, she, Arie and Marion Hortjik held a Divine Love workshop that was so amazing, Helge was inspired to host a similar workshop amongst her own people. She issued the invitation a year ago for a “soul safari” in Namibia. Arie and Marion were the first to commit, with myself and Kevin O’Neill doing so soon after. Helge had four main objectives: 1) to host a DL workshop at her parents’ home in Swakopmund that would be the start of an on-going prayer circle; 2) to pray together with the staff of Omaruru Children’s Haven; 3) to facilitate an interdenominational prayer gathering in Drimiopsis, bringing together pastors of different denominations, their congregants and other community members to pray for Divine Love with the intention of making this a regular event; 4) to pray for a portal of Light to open up over Namibia through which God’s Healing Love could pour onto the land, its creatures and its people.
With the help of God and countless Angels, all four goals have been achieved! On April 8th, fourteen people participated in a day long DL seminar at the Mercker’s gracious home in Swakopmund. The next prayer circle will take place on April 22nd at 3 pm.

On Easter Sunday, approximately 200 people and five pastors of various churches gathered for prayer in Drimiopsis. Helge introduced the concept of Divine Love, explaining that the purpose of this prayer circle was not preaching, but for each person to long from his/her soul for DL, then to stay in silence for a short time and listen for God’s response.
Prayers were said by each pastor, by Chief Ita and myself, each followed by a short period of silent prayer. Then, everyone was invited to pray aloud, from the heart and soul. The circle concluded with beautiful harmonic singing. The spiritual condition built was intensely healing and powerful. These prayer circles will continue on a monthly basis; dates and times will be announced.

On Easter Monday morning we began our group prayer with Arie reading David Lampron’s channeling of Mary Magdalene from 2008, because it exactly captures the hopes and intentions for our soul safari. During our prayer, Helge saw Paul conducting a huge gathering of spirits, many Namibians. She saw the dark, manmade conditions over Namibia and God opening a great portal of Light over the land, with Light pouring through in great waves, coming into all of us. It was a deeply moving experience!

Not only have Helge’s objectives been realized, but each of us has grown spiritually, in relationship with God and one another. Wherever we went, we tried to bring God’s message of Love.
Helge shared her love for the land by taking us on walks along the ocean shore and on the sand dunes, by introducing us to the desert with its amazing life forms, and to the wildlife of the Savannah and the Mountain Ranges. We visited inspiring examples of Love in action at the Mondesa Youth Center serving more than 100 children and Omaruru Children’s Haven, home to 28 orphans, where Helge worked as administrator for a year.

We spent the better part of three days at Drimiopsis where Pastor Jeremiah and his wife Lydia provide an excellent preschool experience for orphans in spite of minimal resources; witnessed the soup kitchen in action and facilitated an Easter egg hunt on the 9 acres of land granted to Children’s Sanctuary Namibia by the Government. There, Helge envisions not only an orphanage for orphans and vulnerable children, but a sanctuary where community children can come to learn, play and grow. With God’s Guidance, our help and that of the Angels, I have no doubt that Helge and her sisters in the Love (Chief Ita, teacher Theresa and others) will succeed!

The small number of people in our group and our constant togetherness gave us many opportunities for spiritual and healing conversations. We each felt God’s Presence strongly in our prayers, in our interactions with every soul we met, and in the time we spent on the land. We encountered and prayed with many people from diverse cultures and spiritual beliefs, appreciating them without judgment, feeling God’s Love flowing to them. Each of us experienced soul awakenings on this journey of our souls that we were blessed to take together! I know I will be forever grateful to Helge for her invitation, her care of us, and her example of Love in action!
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

My heart is filled, I sense the growth within, rejoicing in the time spent with beloved souls. I rejoice with praises to our Heavenly Father for have granted an opportunity to journey and travel, to explore and deepening the awareness in living His Love. It was a time spent with humble souls eager to bring Love and Light to my people and land. I will be forever grateful for their action in Love, joining me in my life here in Namibia, without judgment, but serving in building bridges, bringing smiles and hugs of healing. I have experienced deeper awakenings of soul, I think we all did. I felt safe to share my deepest insights and learnings during many, many spiritual conversations, as each one openly and deeply shared. Many tears flowed, much releasing and healing accomplished. Prayers were of such intensity and focus, we felt the God-Presence throughout, which made us float through the day with joy and appreciation of His magnificent creation. How often have we marveled at the beauty of the natural surroundings with all its creatures. This year is exceptional in Namibia with all the rains, the cooler weather and hardly any mosquitoes, scorpions or other pests. Indeed, we and many others, the land and animals, we all were deeply blessed through this experience. I thank my Heavenly Father and His Angels for have guided and supported us throughout. “Thank you dear Father, for the portal of Light over this land, may each soul entering it be touched by Your Grace. I love You.”

Greetings from my land of birth, my land of service and love, ever welcoming you to experience the complexity, power and beauty it brings. With loving embraces, Helge.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Dear Terry and Helge. Thank you for bringing your experiences alive with this sharing. I am still perplexed as to why Jeanne and I were not prompted to join you there. We would have loved every minute I'm sure but we are now on the road to Indio and maybe there is greater purpose for us on this journey. We're so happy that all went well, portals opened, souls touched and deeper bonds made. When things are done in the flow of God's Will, everyone benefits eh.

Thank you Helge for your dedication and service in the flow of God's Love and Will. Terry, I'm sure that you had a big impact on whoever you connected with as did Arie and Marion and Kevin......this small band of light workers. If there is another of these gatherings in Namibia, we're coming!!!!.

Jeanne and I are making spiritual connections left right and center as we travel towards the sun and warmth of California. We're on the Oregon Coast at present. Much love and God bless......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Terry and Helge, thank you for posting about your experiences. You could feel the love rising from your words. Terry, I have enjoyed the photos you've shared on FB and have followed the journey online.

We continue to pray for the people of Namibia, and especially the children that you serve. The Father's Love is spreading throughout the world, and it is evident in the eyes and smiles of those children. :D

Love and hugs,

Dennis
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Great feedback Helge and Terry.

hugs
Geoff