Announcement of Image Archive of Padgett/Samuels' messages

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
lizaduff
Family

Announcement of Image Archive of Padgett/Samuels' messages

Post by lizaduff »

Hello dear fellow seekers of our Father's Divine Love,

Today is Sept 12, the 104th anniversary of Jesus' first message to Mr. Padgett! And today we wish to announce that the Padgett and Samuels' scanned messages are now easier to work with, as the file names of the more than 20,000 pages of JPG's have been standardized and the files merged so that any particular message can be found simply by browsing for date and the spirit-author's name.

This makes it so much easier to find a particular message! This is most useful to students of the messages who wish to see the 'autograph' (original message), or the handwritten manuscript of that message, or the typed transcript of it. And this endeavor provides an archive that we hope will be helpful in the future.

These are almost all the known Padgett and Samuels' messages, both published and unpublished.

This archive will still undergo refinements in the future and new updates will be made available over time.

I hope some of you will request a copy of this archive to hold it as a ‘disaster recovery site’ for these precious documents.

With gratitude,
Elizabeth
Following is a more detailed announcement. We hope you'll consider adding it to your Divine Love websites!

We, the trustees of the Foundation Church of the New Birth, Inc, are delighted to announce Release One of an Image Archive—comprised of over 20,000 scanned pages of handwritten manuscripts and manuscript copies of JPEG files of virtually all of the Padgett and Samuels’ messages known to exist, both previously-published and never-before-published.

This release of the Image Archive is being announced today—the 104th anniversary of the first message from Jesus to James Padgett!

Over 20,000 file names have been standardized and merged into this FCNB-IA Release 1.0, which is made up of two collections—those messages received by James Padgett, Esq. and those by Dr. Daniel Samuels.

The organization of the images of the manuscripts are further broken down by year and month. The images of any particular message can be found by browsing for date and the spirit-author’s name.

With this Image Archive in hand, one need not travel to upstate New York to study the original documents; researchers of these revolutionary messages can work with these electronic images in their own homes. The JPEG images are un-retouched and appear just as they came off the scanner – ready to be read or enhanced with Photoshop.

The FCNB-IA Release is available on a 64-GB Flash Drive. Contact Elizabeth Morana, Foundation Church of the New Birth, Inc., at newbirth@divinelove.org or through the mail at FCNB, PO Box 6, Williamsville, NY 14231, USA.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Re: Announcement of Image Archive of Padgett/Samuels' messages

Post by PlenaryGrace »

This is fantastic work, Elizabeth, THANK YOU! How do we access the files?

Love,

Catherine
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Hi Cate!

You access these files by requesting a flash drive from me; just write me at newbirth@divinelove.org.

When you receive it, you'll pop the flash drive in your own computer and you could download it onto your computer, or onto an external hard drive, or just look at it on the flash drive if you like.

Then you can look through the archive, and get a sense of how this works, and how you can then look at the pages. It's about 33 GB's.

The Padgett messages are in chronological order and because there are so many, they are organized into three-month files for many of the busier years. The Samuels' files are organized by date as well. Also, the files can be organized by name of spirit-author if you want to look up all the messages from one spirit/Celestial.

There are also about 100 messages received by Eugene Morgan in the Archive. As I'm sure you know, Morgan was often with Padgett during the evenings that Padgett received messages and Morgan was also a medium. Eugene Morgan was mentioned in about 150 of the Padgett messages (Morgan outlived Mr. Padgett and he inherited the original messages from Padgett.) Dr. Stone later inherited them from Morgan. While study of Eugene Morgan's messages has not been a part of the mission of FCNB, we honor this collection of his work, and understand that these serve as part of the history of our church, deserving a place in our archives.

On the flash drive, there's also a very informative and detailed 50-page monograph by Paul King about the preservation of both the physical messages and the electronic archives; there's also a detailed discussion of the citation of the images.

Thanks for asking, Cate!

May continued Blessings of Divine Love be yours,
elizabeth
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

THANK YOU, Elizabeth, and all those who worked so lovingly and diligently to preserve these Messages that are soooo vital to humanity.

I have sent an email request to the address you provided.

Love,

Cate
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

I'm so glad you did, Cate!

Yes, many have contributed to this project over a long period of time, and we are so very grateful for the privilege.

love from
elizabeth
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

This is wonderful wonderful news. Sadly I think it’s probably five years too late for me personally to take advantage of. I am sure my site will need some corrections based on access to these images. Maybe some one will turn up willing to do that?

Thanks to Paul and of course to those initial holders of the originals who allowed them to be scanned.

Hugs
Geoff
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Hi Geoff,

Well, Geoff, you can still be a 'disaster recovery site' for the materials on the flash drive by just receiving them and putting them someplace safe.

And you can also--if you wish--paste our announcement onto your website so your visitors learn about the existence of this collection and that they can also ask for a flash drive for their own reading/research/participation in preservation.

I'll send it out to you in another two weeks or so.

with thanks,
elizabeth
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Great news Elizabeth. This must have taken some time to accomplish. Thanks for posting it here and yes, we would like a copy for safe keeping. Hope to see you next March when we are in the area. Maybe we could pick up our hard drive from you personally then. Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

lizaduff wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:54 pm
And you can also--if you wish--paste our announcement onto your website so your visitors learn about the existence of this collection and that they can also ask for a flash drive for their own reading/research/participation in preservation.

Will do.

hugs
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Dearest Elizabeth,

So happy for you all...congratulations on this wonderful achievement, my friend!! :P Yes, please, I echo Al, send us a flash drive and I will ask Allan to post all the messages on the DLSF website!

I'd also like to echo Al that we hope we can come and see you next March! Looking forward to another tree-hugging spiritual adventure!

Lots of love and God Bless you, Always, Jeanne :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!