A Moniker

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
JAB
Family

A Moniker

Post by JAB »

Last week on Thursday a writers' group I have been visiting sponsored a sale of books for their members at the city center of Prescott, Arizona. I strolled the park-like setting, and when the treasurer of the group spotted me he waved that he wanted to speak with me. The group calls itself the "PWP," or Professional Writers of Prescott. The treasurer is aware that I write and self-publish books, and asked if I would be willing to fill a vacancy at one of their tables for a few hours. I agreed, and returned in the afternoon to sit and offer my books for sale.

The following article is the result of what happened during and after my short stay at a table in the park ...

What is Your Moniker?

A fellow author asked: “What is your moniker?” His question teased me with curiosity and became a lively topic for conversation while we shared a table offering our books for sale at a public event. He had interesting ideas that we agreed might help to market his books. Surprisingly, an answer to the question came for me several days after the book-sale event: I am the story-teller.

The fact of telling stories started early for me. I loved reading books to my young children at bedtime. This changed in 2001 when my seven-year-old-son asked me to tell him a story. I did – in fact many. This led to writing and publishing a children’s book in 2004 with the title The Magical Dream Forest. But the consciousness that I am a story-teller slowly evolved over the years until finally it dawned on me only recently that this is my moniker. It describes who I am as a writer.

For the past twelve years the basic subject of my writing is about the greatest thing in the whole universe. This began in 2006 when I discovered the writings of a man who lived one-hundred years ago that launched my story-telling to a completely new level. And now I have purpose exploring this experience through stories.

The subject of my writing is God and His Love. How great is that? What a fabulous story! And I haven’t really begun to tell the story the way it really is. That’s why I write and continue to write.
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: A Moniker

Post by AlFike »

Yes, you are certainly the story teller of the Divine Love family and you have a vital role to play there , not to mention your out reach to others. Sorry to hear about closing down your web site but maybe other opportunities will ensue. May God bless all your efforts my friend.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Brooke
Family

Re: A Moniker

Post by Brooke »

Joseph;

I feel your continued excitement for your future Moniker aspirations and earnestness.
My own best is yet to evolve and the subtle changes in my writing themes are changing, still with the purpose of creating
a curiosity in the reader to seek their soul's needs. My Moniker? Babbling Brooke, perhaps.
Your Prescot group is surely an inspiration and what you bring away from them you give back to them a hundredfold.