Wake-Up Call for the Soul

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Re: Wake-Up Call for the Soul

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Thanks for sharing, Bill! I love how seamlessly you transition from a familiar Bible story to the central Truth of how to connect with God.

In the darkest moments, so often people say, "All we can do now is pray." As if prayer were the last resort or a fragmented shred of hope. As your blog indicates, in Truth, prayer is the one thing we can do that connects us to the very source of all life. It opens the doors to the the miracles of creation itself. What the material world destroys, God can create anew...and often will, if only we ask. As such, prayer is our first and supremely best option in all circumstances. When offered soulfully, grounded in faith, prayer has more power to transform than all our other actions taken together.

How wonderful that God's beautiful Truth, shared in your blog, is flowing into the fabric of our world.

Love,

Cate
billf
Family

Post by billf »

Thank you, Cate! I so agree with you!I want to continue to address the "prayer as a last resort myth" that is so prevalent in our society today. It does make sense though, since so many people "pray" from their minds and not from their souls, so it's no wonder that so many people are confused about the nature and power of prayer.

Bill
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Another great blog Bill. Yes, I agree, heartfelt prayer is often difficult to access on a daily basis. That is why practice and self honesty must be part of the process. The Prayer Perfect may help us with our focus, if needed, but without a heartfelt rendition of this prayer, it only scratches the surface. The soul motivates us to seek God and even if the mind is less than enthusiastic, the soul continues to niggle away at our conscience. Our task as teachers is to talk about and discover the motivation of our soul's longings. If we can inspire and sensitize others to their souls then heartfelt prayer becomes easier and more accessible. Maybe write a story about that Bill ;) . Loving your efforts brother. God bless.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

You make an excellent point, Bill. Of course you and Al are right that few people approach prayer in such a way that their prayers can be as fully answered as desired. As you said, powerful prayers are of the soul's longing and not of the intellect. A great reminder! Jesus gave us the key to making that journey from the head to the heart: Come to God like little children. Even this is a struggle for many of us. Either we are decades deeply entrenched in our human intellect, or, perhaps we have no safe experience of venturing forth into anything cloaked only in our authentic, childlike vulnerability.

But, oh, when we do pray like children! How tenderly we are met by God's Loving embrace!

Write on, brother!

Love,

Cate
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Thank you all for commenting deeply on Bill's latest! I echo all the wonderful comments and confess of my own trials in keeping prayer soul-centered. To learn how it feels to pray from the 'Heart and Soul / Soul Heart' is my daily yearning. In prayer, I ask for our Creators guidance and that of our brother, guides, and celestials to teach me the way to get in touch with my soul.

Quiet the chatter of mindful prayer habits and let these beautiful new-birth yearnings tickle my soul. The perfect timing of
separating mind/soul thinking messages and topics these past two weeks helps in harmonizing the themes to a better prayerful me. Comments on how you can know the difference between soul and mind prayers will be most welcome.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

What is heartfelt prayer? If you feel the inflowing of God's Love into your soul, then you have a strong indication that you have prayed from your soul longings and not just your head. In the beginning it took me several months of trying to achieve this state of experiencing the inflow of the love. I remember one time during that struggle, I was sitting on my couch praying very fervently to feel the love and a golden glow came over me. I thought that this is it, but felt nothing in my heart other than anticipation. So, my assumption was that the Love has light and warmth but no feeling. That was perplexing to me. When I eventually opened my eyes, I realized that the sun had just come above the horizon and was shining in my face :shock: 8-) . I laughed, knowing that I felt only the touch from the sun rather from God's Soul.

In time I felt this blessing in abundance. Once I recognized it and found my way to true acknowledgement, I never turned back and my prayers reflected the confidence ( faith) that I felt in prayer. Faith is a major component of prayer. Without that sure knowing that you are in connection ( communion) with God, your prayer lacks the awareness and conviction of the soul. It is all about connecting with God through soul. The dilemma deepens when we get to that wall of going beyond the intellect to that feeling, softer/vulnerable place called soul. For men this is especially difficult because most of us tend to put protective walls around our feeling hearts. We need to feel safe in this situation even though it is between you and God. The mind is ever vigilant and suspicious when breaking down the walls around the heart. This is often the first phase of soul awakening. Next comes an honesty that reflects the emotional vulnerability of the soul. This may not come in the beginning as what I call 'God's Credit Card" is like a free pass into blissful soul awakening. I experienced this for several months after I tuned in with my soul. It was heaven. I saw and heard my guides each and every day. I felt great upliftment and joy. I felt close to God and prayer came easily. I was hooked and well hooked at that. But eventually the blush of awakening faded and I was challenged to face up to my own condition and those unloving parts within me . Prayer became difficult and I felt a little abandoned. Yet I persisted and continued to pray daily. The pendulum did swing back but not quite as far until many years later. Prayer often reflects your true state of soul.

The mind will obstruct and distract but the soul finds its true purpose, that of connecting with God, and will persist. Of course the mind will do what it can to obscure the intentions of the soul but as long as you can feel the longings of the soul in prayer, then there must be some connection. The connection grows as your prayers become affirmed through these experiences. Eventually the trail is well trodden to God and prayer becomes easier and more fulfilling. Its a struggle in the beginning and it seems that only by breaking through the paper barrier of the material mind that success is achieved. It looks more daunting than it really is. Those who are less fervent will look at the barrier and probably give it a pass but breaking through often comes in unexpected ways. God's clear desire is for you is to achieve this breakthrough. He sends his Angels to help and pours extra blessings upon you to dissolve the worst of the barriers. Every soul is capable of achieving this but it is predicated on your will and desire. Knowing that deep desire of the soul is the first step to soul awakening. If you feel that burning desire, then you are on your way. Be strong my friends and say a heart felt prayer no matter how short or jumbled. It is the feeling in the prayer that gets you to God.

God bless.........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Thank you Al for that open soul personal explanation. It's amazing that on the surface, Divine Love is a simple explanation. Then there are many deeper layers of understanding waiting to blossom. The two words Divine Love represents God's greatest gift, His essence. Those two words have turned into volumes of writings and explanations. Amazing, the number and depths of layers of understanding. A phenomenon actually.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Al's concluding thought, "It is the feeling in the prayer that gets you to God," brought to mind something I have not long ago read and summarized for my website from the book by Gregg Braden by the title of "The Isaiah Effect." You can read the summary at
http://universal-spirituality.net/law-o ... of-prayer/ and it may give you some further insights. I haven't mastered the art of what he is saying, but believe that it is worth working toward.

Love,
Eva
billf
Family

Post by billf »

PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Beautifully done, Bill!

I love how seamlessly you've woven the story from some key scriptures that are so relevant and meaningful to most people's daily concerns.
“Our Father desires to bless us with purses that will not wear out and that are filled to overflowing with heavenly treasure that will never fail. When you receive your new purse filled with incorruptible treasure, no thief will be able to touch it.

Just as those of royal birth can fail to exercise their royal claims, so do most of us fail to exercise our claim to our Heavenly Parent’s Royal Riches. We are Children of Heaven.
God does indeed love each and every one of us--SO MUCH MORE than we can possibly imagine--if only we will seek His Love and put Him first in our lives, our blessings will overflow, and be stored in the soul where they are forever safe.

Your stories are treasures that have wide appeal. If you have not already sought to have them published in Christian journals, newspapers and/or magazines, I recommend you give it a try. Even Reader's Digest might be interested. Because you base each on Biblical verse, your stories can easily crossover into mainstream Christian markets. They are also a very popular length for periodical publications.

Love,

Catherine