Wake-Up Call for the Soul

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
billf
Family

Re: Wake-Up Call for the Soul

Post by billf »

I'm so excited!!

I already shared the latest message from Paul with someone I thought could benefit from it! I thought it was a very good message on this topic too!

It's interesting that you mention the challenge of communicating the difference in the two ways, because earlier today I feel I received some interesting information that might help people gain a better understanding of the difference between the two paths. Also, my own biography paints a very clear picture (for me at least) of the important differences between the two paths as well.

See you soon!

Love,

Bill
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes, teaching the difference has been challenging Bill. Although, when anyone truly experiences the quality of the Love there is a greater understanding of it. Otherwise, it usually boils down to semantics in peoples perception. Most new agers think that all love is inherently within as taught by so many, Orthodox Christians think that they have already been redeemed because of their belief in Jesus as their savior and most thinking people see no reason to go beyond the realm of the mind to that of the soul. Either way, its a tough uphill climb to convince others of this simple and easily obtained gift from God. Some know this to be true from their gut/soul feelings. These are the ones who are more apt to connect with the Divine Love and honestly, I do not put too much effort into convincing those who are resistant. All in God's timing my friend. See you very soon........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Bill,
I loved your story of the two lost daughters -- it is very well written and insightful.

Independently of this discussion about natural love vs Divine Love, I was inspired to create a table contrasting the two ways of life as well as the worldly way. I will email it to you and the Fikes just for your interest and possible use -- the text, being in table form probably won't copy into here.

Much love,
Eva
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Another beautiful, beautiful story, Bill! I loved how you switched genders and gave the story a contemporary tone. Very relatable! The vision of the mother running to greet her returning child moved me to tears, so real was the word-picture you painted.

Love,

Cate
billf
Family

Post by billf »

Eva and Cate,

Thank you both for reading! And thank you Eva for the table of the three ways! Your "Way of the World" column reminds me of my concept of the "fabricated world of human invention." Most of our brothers and sisters are so focused on the marketplaces and currencies we have created to exchange trinkets and trifles when The Priceless Gift is hidden in plain sight. When we receive The Gift our inventions become unnecessary.

Bill
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

You are welcome Bill. And I like your concept of the "fabricated world of human invention" -- very insightful and true.

If anyone else would like a copy of my table contrasting the three ways, let me know.

Love,
Eva
billf
Family

Post by billf »

Prayerfulness as a Way of Being in the World

In a further effort to deepen the process of awakening my soul, it has recently come to my attention that it would be beneficial for me to make the effort to live my life, as much as possible, in an attitude of prayerfulness on a continuous basis. It is becoming clearer that whenever I allow my body and material mind to indulge in patterns of negativity that I am inhibiting the growth and development of my soul and not allowing the transformation of my soul to influence my way of being in the world to the degree that it could if I increased my awareness of my way of being throughout the day. And so I have recently started engaging in a campaign to do my best to keep my soul in the flow of God’s Love as much as possible on a continuous basis. This campaign has two primary components:

1. Seeking to keep my soul engaged with the flow of God’s Love regardless of what I may be doing in any given moment.

2.Recognizing whenever I am starting to indulge in familiar patterns of negativity and interrupting those patterns by increasing my prayerfulness in those moments.

In this way I am seeking to sustain a prayerful way of being in the world as a foundation for greater service.

I have been asked me to share something about my current spiritual development process in the hope that it might be helpful. I have been running this as an ongoing experiment. I am 15 days in and it is going better than expected. I have been able to maintain feelings of peacefulness, kindness, and gentleness with greater ease than I anticipated. The regular effort of monitoring my way of being throughout the day has gone more easily than expected. For me it is important to start the day in an orientation of prayer and prayerfulness that I can then carry with me throughout the day. The feelings of gentleness and peace help me to know how well l am staying on track on a moment by moment basis.

Another way to put what I am trying to accomplish with this experiment is to increase the integration and harmonization between my material mind, my body (with its well-worn pathways of mental and emotional addiction), and my soul. By keeping my soul more engaged with the flow of God's Love, it is an invitation for my mind,brain, and body to come a long for the ride instead of feeling the need to run the show of my life.

Your comments and questions are most welcome!

Bill
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Hello Bill,

What a beautiful evolution in your approach to life, day-to-day, moment-by-moment. Thank you for sharing!

I'm not at all surprised by the success of your endeavors. God meets us more than halfway...the world needs your light, brother.

Catherine
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

This is lovely Bill.
I fully resonate with your approach and am reminded of the verse in 1 Thess. 5:17 where we are exhorted to "Pray continually" (NIV) or "Pray without ceasing" in another version.
I have some related thoughts and reflections on my webpage http://universal-spirituality.net/divin ... hers-love/.
Love,
Eva
billf
Family

Post by billf »

Eva and Cate,

Thank you for your encouragement!

Our way of being in the world is so important. I am currently being guided to live perpetually in a state of receptivity/engagement/orientation whereby my soul is constantly and consciously in the flow of God's Love. This is a new way of being for me in that I am looking to live from this space even in situations where it felt impossible to do so before (e.g., at work). I feel that achieving this state on a consistent basis is critical to my ability to continue my process of soul development, possibly to accelerate it, and to create those conditions that will help my material mind, brain, and body to come into greater harmony with my soul that continues to seek God's Love and the guidance and inspiration that it brings. I'm now 16 days in to experiment, and it is exciting to continue to do my best to stay in the flow of God's Love despite those things that come into my awareness that tempt me to go back to my habitual ways of being, thinking, and feeling. I'm hopeful that the day will come where I will not need to be so vigilant, but I guess that is how it works with changing any habit. In this case, I'm interested in changing a whole bunch of habits at the same time that have been associated with a less harmonious way of being that has been more typical, comfortable and familiar up to this point.

Thank you!

Bill