Divine Love Stories

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
Brooke
Family

Divine Love Stories

Post by Brooke »

In my writings, I post my stories (DivineLoveStories.com and DivineSeniorMoment.com). Just thought I would post some on the forum as well. Also, I'm also looking to begin an online radio program WDLS (Worldwide Divine Love Stories) that will feature guests, guest stories, interviews etc. It will be hosted on my favorite radio hosting program of TalkShoe.com. Details to be worked out and welcome feedback. I've hosted various programs with TalkShoe for a number of years and have had very little problems on that venue. It's a talkcast or podcast type venue. Programs are call in or chat or listen and download mp3 archived program files. Simple yet another Divine Love awareness revelation outlet.

A short story:

Seeking the Truth with Proof
January 19, 2018
Brooke Folk, Author
Divine Love Spirit Inspired Short Stories
a BrookeNetwork.com production
DivineLoveStories.com for archived stories
DivineSeniorMoment.com where a moment of your time can last an eternity.

“What kind of proof of truth are we talking about here?”
“Spiritual truth, the kind you secretly wanted to know but just didn’t know where to get it.”
“Like what?” “You know, the truth about the end.” “The end of life?” “Yes, we joke around about it but wouldn’t it be neat to really know?” “Aren’t you curious?” “Are you turning weird on me Dave?” “Maybe, but it’s a good feeling weird.”

Longtime friends, but seldom do they talk about religious stuff over their morning coffee. The guys are mostly retired, they put in their career dues. Mostly retired teachers, a business owner, all are church attendees in their small community. Catholics are more pronounced than the others in topics because they always have something going on up at the church. Repairs, dinners, talk about who was in the choir last week, or their next event. A Reform, a Brethren, maybe a Lutheran now and then. Small town USA. There is a lot of talk around coffee shop tables in the mornings but very little about God stuff, other than some saying a prayer before a meal. Others may think them as the exhibitionists. Flouting their goody two shoe personalities.

Dave was probably the most openly curious about what happens when you die. He did talk about that sometimes, to kind of feel the other guys out. Though he did guiltily go to church, he preferred not to, because something from somewhere was making him uncomfortable about the rhetoric. Years sitting through the shamefully doom and gloom sermons that were more or less telling him he didn’t have a chance. Not with all the stigma’s, dogmas and creeds that man preached.

Over the years, subscribing to more positive quotes of the day, he realized that because others cannot vibrate in your experience, they cannot affect the outcome of your experience. They can hold their opinions, but unless their opinion affects your opinion, their opinion matters not at all. Dave’s opinion was that something was missing in man’s understanding and that they didn’t get the truth from the bible they preached from, tooth and nail. A million people could be pushing against you, and it would not negatively affect you unless you push back. Dave no longer wanted to push back, he just wanted simplicity in what Jesus taught. Why isn’t the simple truth made available? Why so many different religions, all hoping they are the one?

Tired, frustrated, untrusting of men, who were bible barking up the wrong tree, he felt, Dave at times, secretly felt like Job. So tortured on an ash pile of frustration, he was about to give it all up. Internally, in his frustration, he did cry out to his creator in a last attempt to seek, knock and have that door of simple understanding, open up unto him. Thinking no more about that request, he resumed his days and looked forward to the weekend. A weekend of browsing community yard sales, sleeping in on Sunday morning and catching up on some neglected domestic duties.

Unassuming, he bought a box of used books at a yard sale without even looking at his dollar purchase. If nothing worthwhile, he would dump the box into a collection bin for some worthy nonprofit enterprise, he thought. He just wanted to help support the efforts of the little girl, proudly hawking her families yard sale items. Her cuteness was too hard to resist. Dave always wondered what it would be like to have a little daughter like Sarah. Now in his late sixties, that part of life passed him by. That, he realized was his frustration about God stuff. Was it too late? Did that part of spiritual knowing pass him by?

It was Sunday evening before Dave thought about his yard sale purchase. He retrieved the box from the garage. Most were worn out children’s books, a teen romance paperback, an old Geographic, and then there was another plain blue covered book with a title that grabbed his attention immediately.

The True Gospel
Revealed Anew by Jesus
Vol. I

Received Through
JAMES E. PADGETT

Dave felt a prickly rush go through his body. He dropped the book back into the box and emitted a guttural “my good god,” out loud! This was not happening. His mind went back to that outpouring prayer. That last attempt to have that door opened of Mark 7:7. He couldn’t deny he asked for the truth. He couldn’t deny that he asked for the simple truth that Jesus taught. Picking up the book, wiping his half teary eyes to read the title again, he confirmed that he read it right the first time.

Quickly entering a search on his computer he confirmed that all volumes, number 1 that he had in his possession, vol.’s. 2, 3 and 4 were available online to purchase. That was a comfort in case he liked what he was about to read. With some additional research, he found all volumes were available free as pdf downloads. He made a mental note of that and bookmarked ‘new-birth.net’ website for further review. He noted a prayer challenge as proof of this truth and he quickly bookmarked that before diverting his attention to the book laying in his lap.

With a touch of reverence, Dave picked up the book that would change his life and began to read.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Re: Divine Love Stories

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Thank you, Brooke, for sharing! I love the ending, especially! The TGRABJ certainly changed my life!! Many blessings on your radio show and DL story sharing. May they open many souls to God's Truth.
With a touch of reverence, Dave picked up the book that would change his life and began to read.
Love,

Catherine
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Oh you are so full of surprises Brooke. I love your idea of a radio podcast....brilliant! Your recent story sounds very familiar as the guy who really got the Divine Love movement off the ground in Vancouver, Alec Gaunt, had this very experience. Although his first perusal of the book did not impress him. He was a psychic and had many promptings from spirit and getting the TGRA book from a used book store which he was guided to started the ball rolling. He eventually took the book seriously and the rest is history. That was back in the 50's so here we are today because one man took the risk to believe what he was reading. We don't know what our legacies will be but my hope is that my work today will further spread the truth of God's Love into the world. I couldn't think of something better than this. Thank God Alec, who dedicated himself to this work years ago, set off the chain of events that got me to pray for God's Love. The Lord doth work in mysterious ways. Thanks Brooke for your dedication to use your gifts to inspire others towards the truth of Divine Love. You have certainly uplifted me with this story and a BIG YES to talking on your radio program if you will have me. Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Thank you, Catherine and Al, for your comments.

I can in a very small way, feel something that Alec felt in the first go round. Not that I ignored or thought little of my first introduction to the messages but in the possibility of ignoring all those subtle nudges of getting through to this noggin, all the spirit steps that it took to finally get me in a 'headlock' to 'rub my nose' into the truth as I've come to know.

How many sets of Divine Love Angels did it take to finally get the introductory messages in front of my eyes? The messages were there, just waiting for the right URL to be displayed after my mind typed the right search phrase. Then to subtly suggest that I click on the one search result that would hold my attention long enough to absorb just the right amount of information to suggest that 'I' had a eureka moment?

Al, when I get the first short introductory program logged, I'll log the very next episode with you as our official 'first guest' and co-host....A true DL Celebrity.

Following is another DLS story that I haven't shared yet on DivineLoveStories.com yet. It may be posted there later today.______________________________________

It’s Good to know Me?
A Divine Love Short Story
DivineLoveStories.com
DivineSeniorMoment.com
January 11, 2018

Brooke Folk
Spirit Inspired Spiritualist Writer

With age comes wisdom..., An Oscar Wilde quote. Most never include the second part to that quote... , but sometimes age comes alone.

Physical wisdom arrives on a sliding scale. The more you passionately put into a learning frenzy of a lifetime, the frenzied wisdom will tend to set you apart on your passionate course of living. Your wisdom tends to draw others of like mind. Then you ponder and increase your wisdom upon a subject, upon a career, upon a valued educator, parent and teacher qualities.

The lower sliding scale of just getting by and ‘resting on your laurels’ after an achievement, is a cliche. You become satisfied and seek no longer to advance in your past achievement. Sadly it is the same scenario in most spiritual quests. You were brought up into a belief system mostly adopted from your parents. Maybe you diverted into one belief system or another when you became independent and began your own families, staying close to your original beliefs, dogmas and creeds. Your background or current status of Christianity doesn’t matter in relating to this story. What would matter is that you have an open mind of curiosity. Especially so about the subject of what experience you will encounter or not encounter, when you draw your last breath. Be that from a ripe old age, or from a premature happening from an illness or accident.

The more someone gets to know me, the more they notice a change in my freedom of choice of topics that I will discuss with them. Woven into our current or their current topic, I will have words of inspiration bubble up and out onto the table or floor or other proverbial platforms. After seventy years, I’ve gently learned by being the recipient of unwanted religious instruction, that I would never want to impinge upon another, such verbal veracity. I’m not a witness per say of a doctrine to spout bible quotes or sayings to preach a belief. However, once a directive is asked of me of my personal beliefs of what I think will happen to me after death, I could fill a small child’s swimming pool with a water spout of dialogue bubbling up from my soul.

It’s more profound to tell my story rather than say, ‘this is the way it is.’ Parables, you gotta love em. It’s easier to remember a short story or parable than it is to remember chapter and verse of bible scriptures. A personal human lesson told in a parable or short story is worthy of its weight in ‘bold’. Boldness of an explanation with a kindness and respecter of the ears tuned into your words.

A serious subject, death, I would say, but one that harbors more mystery as we age. A fearful subject unless a faith of knowing a source of truth can overcome you and give you comfort. Such a doubter of that source of truth from man, I had no recourse but to seek, knock, to ask and look for that door to open. For me, I must have been asking the wrong questions or I was knocking on an insulated door with soundproofing materials embedded within. For thirty years I kept nit picking the seeking and asking. Then on or about the 31st day of December 2016, a door opened.

A website, then another, then another, until I landed on ‘The Padgett Messages’. My fears were not so much on death itself, because I had a feeling that something biblical was going to happen at my last breath, I just didn’t know exactly what. Yes, the how and when is always a concern and that isn’t a full fledged fear, but it’s the, “is it going to hurt and for how long,” discomforting thought that makes me squint and tense up, thinking about that part of it. Almost like waiting for the Dentist to give you multiple needles to numb an area or a nurse ready to give you that shot.

The Padgett Messages, along with my other related reading material, to seek to sooth my curiosities, began to answer my questions in a story after story after story style, that I could easily relate to. The documentation and the resources from which these stories came from, enthralled me! Real life stories from former mortals that had messages of truth that didn’t skirt around the issue of death. After all, they lived it, so to speak. The early days of my 69th year was the beginning of my soul’s awakening. Before that, I had no clue about the importance of my soul! Or even if I actually had one. If it wasn’t for my soul, I learned, there would be no ME! I was now feeling so elated to finally say “It’s Good To Know Me!”
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Thanks for sharing Brooke -- wonderful stories, and the idea about podcasts is exciting as well. May you continue to be guided and inspired on both the writing front and the broadcasting front.
Love,
Eva
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Thank you Eva!

As a caregiver for my mother, I sleep half awake, expecting her to walk into my room, wondering where I am or other confused happenings of late. She had a good night last night but from 3AM I tossed and turned and thought and pondered on various subjects. I did get back to sleep until 5:30 when I woke from a dream. I clearly saw a website address and was anxious to find out if it was a spirit suggestion to acquire the url. It was already taken and I didn't care for alternatives. The url was a play on eBay, a short and very successful url. My vision was ePray.com ....

When I confirmed it wasn't available, within a few minutes my mind or my soul's perception or the combination of both, wondered if another was taken. Surely it must be. It wasn't taken. I now have the url www.DivineLovePrayer.com. I have it directed to my portal website and will populate it with content soon.

Shortly after, my original thoughts on the radio program url: WDLS.com (Worldwide Divine Love Stories) radio. WDLS of all things was taken. Again, mind and soul or soul and mind and spirit collaborated and arrived at what it should have been all along. www.DivineLoveRadio.com is now directed to the portal site and will be populated with content soon.

All because of a dream vision. Within the hour from dream state to GoDaddy computer searches, both above url's were acquired. What else will I dream about? I'm for sure a LoveLitSoul with increasing Lumen's desired.
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Jacob’s Ladder
A Divine Senior Moment Short Story

DivineLoveStories.com
DivineSeniorMoment.com
January 20, 2018

Though he touched my life, he knew not when or how.

I’ve known of him since he was barely a teen. Now a matured senior, it has been over five decades that in my eyes memory, he went unseen. An acquaintance brought me up to speed in my years of hometown absence.

Jacob remained a local, after high school graduation. A self-taught handyman, he was there when you needed him to fix a leaky faucet, install a dishwasher, lay a piece of carpet or run errands for the Amish community. Some say his grandparents were Mennonite and his great-grandparents were full order Amish. Maybe that explains his wild and unkept Amish style beard.

In my usual rounds of a morning, I’d see Jacob now and then. He was mostly sitting in a local coffee shop, eyes down upon his coffee cup and more focus on staring at a napkin. A small carpenter pencil nub was poised between his thumb and forefinger. I notice a jot now and then as I walked past the booth. Obviously, he was deep in thought, about a job’s calculation no doubt. He rarely looked up to peer through his round-rimmed glasses at passersby. Never wanting to intrude on his thoughts, my curiosities of Jacob would be casually answered from the perspective of another.

“Nobody knows exactly what he jots down,” my friend explained. Never complete sentences, maybe a word or two or three. Coded words to remind him of something perhaps. It could even be a grocery list according to some. He does have a voice, though he rarely expresses it other than a humble “good morning” to his waitress and a faintly audible “thank you.” A marriage ended only after a few years. He lives just outside of town. Always polite and his quality of handyman work has given him his meager living. That is about all that is known of Jacob. I couldn’t help sensing that there was more to his story than met the townspeople’s eyes.

It may have been subconsciously planned but dropping a winters glove when walking past his booth, I had the need to bend over for the retrieval, and came face to face with Jacob at table height. With glove in hand and only inches separating me from his rimmed glasses and kind eyes magnified, I excused myself. I detected a gentle smile crossing his usually somber shaped mouth and a very faint twinkle of an eye of recognition to who I was. That was confirmed by a voice as faint as the gentle smile. It was only natural that I addressed him by his name. For some unexplained reason, as I stood up and quite out of place, I heard a voice reminding me of an Abe Lincoln quote. ‘You Never Stand So Tall, as When You Stoop to Help a Child’.

One hour later, sitting in my car, I chose the warmth of the sunshine within its enclosure, rather than start the engine. I didn’t want my moment to be stirred by the engine noise. Insulated from the outside surroundings, I wanted to recall every morsel of Jacob’s story. Without so much as a blink, I stared down into my lap, at a folded napkin. It was given to me at my inquisitiveness. Five words were faintly etched into the napkin from his carpenter's pencil nub. ‘Jacob’s Ladder Divine Love Heals’. Certainly not a grocery list. It was a reminder of an accident some fifteen years ago. He was standing on his trusty extension ladder, painting the siding of a neighbor's small barn. A routine day with routine thoughts that were interrupted when a spooked barn owl exited a hay mow door within inches of Jacob’s face. Knee-jerk reactions to the scare caused lost footing on the tiny rung of the ladder.

Realizing the pending doom of a crippling fall or even death, Jacob somehow managed to get a foot wrapped around the extension ladder’s hoisting robe. Hanging upside down by one foot he was soon to pass out from pain and freight. That old trusty ladder stood firm against the barn but with nobody home, his shouts could arouse no help. He remembers a curdling yell for God’s help. At the same time the ratchet mechanism failed from his dangling weight and the jerk of a one rung drop, unbalanced the ladder and it began to take a slow sideways skid across the freshly painted barn wood siding. “It’s funny what you think about during a crisis,” Jacob whispered. “The skidding ladder was ruining my paint job.”

Jacob’s ladder was actually digging into the siding as it was skidding, slowing the action until it hung up on a downspout of a sloping rain gutter. The ladder stopped inches from his weight crushing down on his head and neck. His dangling outstretched arms absorbed what little pending impact there was. With a small amount of acrobatics, Jacob was able to extract himself from the ladders rope. Crawling away from what could have been his last physical breath and death, his prayer to his maker was heart and soul felt.

Jacob whispered even softer as he looked deep into my eyes. “It was my dear Ruth’s voice that I heard. It was more clear than if she were laying next to me in our bed, so long ago.” “Your Guardian Angel is with you as I am my dear Jacob.” Jacob never told a soul what he shared with me in the past hour. He knew me, he knew my writings and he knew it was his dear Ruth that dislodged my glove at his table. With a mischievous grin, he said that Ruth and he welcome me to their world. Ruth was taken from him within four short years after their marriage. His lonesome grieving of his departed mate almost destroyed him until an open drawer in her nightstand revealed four books of a common thread that she had been gifted by a cousin, Carol. She and Carol grew up together and at various times lived together.

He sadly regrets never taking an interest in her reading material and he never questioned her about her feelings and beliefs of God in her life and what she was feeling about her Creator after learning they couldn’t have a child. Jacob sensed a closeness unexplained but it was confirmed by that mysteriously opened drawer for his invitation to look inside. A drawer that she complained about night after night, that he should fix because of its stubborn contrariness. Now open and revealing four volumes of The True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, Received through James E. Padgett, his life was changed. I myself was awakened by those volumes and he knew it from the casual references within my writings.

Now I knew more of Jacob’s shyness. He was frustrated in not knowing how to share his excitement that was stirring within his soul. His Ruth knew it too and through Divine Love that she was able to suggest to him through those books, he knows more truth about his soul, its purpose and the truth that Jesus taught. In his shyness, he did have the courage to write on napkins and leave them behind in the booth in hopes that someone would ask him one day, what his notes meant for him. Until I fumbled by, no one ever did.

It was Jacob who got up from the booth first. I was still too elated to stir just yet. My third cup of coffee that morning was kept warm from the friendly staff, topping off our cups. My soul was warm with thanksgiving for this introduction to Jacob and his ladder story. I knew we would become friends of a feather, Divine Love has already seen to that.

Reaching for the key, I remembered the vision of Jacob walking out the door. Interesting I thought. Nobody ever commented on Jacob’s limp.

The end...of just the beginning.

copyright © & authorized to share without alteration
Brooke Folk, author
Spirit Inspired Spiritualist Writer
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Wow, Brooke, another wonderful story!
Have you ever considered compiling your stories into a book? Even if you couldn't get a publisher accept them, nowadays it is not hard to self-publish. Even if you just had a downloadable PDF on your website, the truths could have another outlet, and stories are wonderful way to share spiritual truths.

I'm sure you'll let us know when your online radio gets of the ground and we'll include it in the next newsletter.
Love,
Eva
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Thank you, Eva. That story is downloaded to divinelovestories.com and a photo of the character of Jacob is included. I couldn't get his photo in this forum format conveniently. The pencil/watercolor character, sent to me by a painter friend, inspired the story. I was given permission to use it.

Yes, it's floating on what Dennis Waitley used to call 'One Day Isle'. The idea of compiling my pdf stories together and get them in a book of short stories. One day Isle get to that, with enough prodding reminders. Thanks for your reminders. I see you and your husband's books and Geoff's and Al's and others and go through the motions of doing it soon. I have two other venue's I wanted to experiment with. FreeEbooks.net and also experimenting with a small offering on Fiverr.com.

The radio announcement will be forthcoming too.
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

This is testing a link to the Jacob's Ladder story with photo.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3698365 ... from_embed