Divine Love Stories

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Divine Love Stories

Post by AlFike »

Thank you Joseph for your honest and candid thoughts about your future. I hope that I will be so straightforward if and when I get up there in age. Hopefully another 20 years hence. Joseph, I think that it is important to realize that you are a valued member of this community. You seem to me a bit of a lone wolf and drift in and out of association with all of us quite frequently. I want you to know that you are indeed a part of this family of Divine Love followers and your thoughts, contributions and requests are taken seriously. But a relationship takes work and by that I mean taking time to communicate. Forgive me if I'm sounding a bit judgmental and I do not know all the details of your associations and life so I am not in a good position to judge. I am merely taking this case in point as a means to encourage all of us to stay in touch. This forum is available for these communications and there is an option to do so with private emails here.

Joseph, I feel that you are not as close to death as you may assume. Getting your affairs in order is certainly prudent but as Bill says, there is no hurry. As for the website, I think that Dennis offers an elegant solution. And please ensure that your writings continue to be available for future generations. We don't know what the future will bring and my hunch is that the hunger for spirituality will only get stronger. Your work has the ability to reach out in plain language and with humble notes of truth and wisdom. Down home truth if I may. It needs to be preserved and available in print.

You have many friends in the world Joseph. Please know that you are loved and appreciated and please continue to reach out. We can all support you in your life's journey in some way. That is why God brings His children together. To express our love for one another in any way that we can. I'm here too Joseph. Please reach out if you feel so inclined. God bless and much love to you brother..........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

The Tower of Babel
A Prayerfully Powerful Divine Love Short Story
Author: Brooke Folk
DivineLoveStories.com

Babylon, Long Island, New York. Years of living only four miles from that South Shore community, Michael always related two things, maybe three things to Babylon. Bob Keeshan of both, Captain Kangaroo and Clarabell the clown of the Howdy Doody TV fame, is buried there in Saint Joseph’s Cemetery. Marconi had a wireless telegraphy operation on Fire Island Avenue and Michael humorously equated Babylon with the famous biblical tower of Babel.

Being only 35 miles from NY City, the center of confusion, in his opinion, the Genesis story of the famous tower was befitting, in where the Lord mixed up the language of all the people and scattered them all over the earth. Michael felt the city and Long Island is where most of them were eventually scattered. From one Babylon to another Babylon, many generations apart. In all those years, living in Babylon township area, confusion reigned for Michael in his spiritual life. Eventually moving out of the area and out of the state, he settled into small town USA.

Most of adult life was so called normal or average or status quo as with the rest of his experiences of his neighbors and co-workers and clients. The seemingly same story of discontentment was the main underlying current of just about everyone’s river of life, of those he knew. The drudgery of their work, family problems, debt, relationships, divorce, bankruptcies, costs of living, economy crunches, accidents, stress and jealousies. One area that usually escaped mention was religion. Really, there wasn’t much there to talk about. No questioning. People just went every week, or now and then, to wherever it was that they went, for their belief fix. General themes of most families was to rinse and repeat their families traditions, no questions asked.

The Norman Rockwell illustrations of life in small town living would be different today. Electronic devices in most illustrated character’s hands, mostly indoor recreation depictions with a canvas covered in big screen TV’s. Soda fountains of yesterday wouldn’t be a thought to capture in the artist's imagination. Families gathered around a festive table would be a rare painting of today. Fast food containers would be shown on family kitchen tables with a sign, last one eats, takes out the trash. Michael had the opportunity to live the good old days of the 50’s and progress through the modern space age and the beginnings of the tech age and witness the fall of small town shopping districts and more recent, the decline of Malls being gobbled up by the unseen forces of shopping online. What could possibly destroy online shopping?

Those are the things that Michael thinks about and for those who were normal thinkers, he maybe was no different than most of which is called the norm. In his creative imagination, what could possibly destroy the seemingly mighty Internet? What could shrink the worldwide e-commerce that shrunk the retailing in Malls, that shrunk retailing within small towns? It could be the simplicity of pulling the plug. A mighty force that would interrupt electric current production. A warfare against generating plants and satellites’s would destroy the economy overnight. With no access to online banking and the transferring of funds, poof, the economy would be gone. How would anyone survive? Natural disasters could wipe out financial districts in minutes. Flooding, earthquakes, volcano’s, mud slides, disease, electronic warfare and godlessness. Wow, for most, what does that mean, godlessness? Basically a nation without care or concern beyond their today’s and dwindling regards for religion and practices.

Basically, the world’s inhabitants are living in their own Babylon’s of confusion and though the spiritual searchlight to focus on has dimmed, it hasn’t gone out. Michael has come out of his Babylon township physical living, and now is coming out of his Babylon spiritual confusion. He is learning the language of truth of his spiritual purpose and en’lighten’ment. It wasn't more than a year before, that Michael was in what must have been an earnest prayer to his Creator for the truth. It must have been what lacked in all his previous prayers. What followed was not happenstance or coincidence but a mystical highlight of life, as Michael likes to address it.

A series of seemingly small events, lead Michael to spiritual truths, from a source filled with multiple sources of comforting soul awakening confirmations, with personally felt validation. Divine Love. It’s what awakened his soul. Truth began shedding light through stories of life, documented over one hundred years ago. Stories almost hidden from view today, if it were not for faithful servants. The True Gospel was being Revealed anew, for Michael, by Jesus. Not only from those original revealing’s, but by revealing messages that continue to this very day through sources from biblical personalities from spiritual celestial realms. A large percentage of scripture is related to dreams and visions and being spoken to, in still small voices.

Michael encourages readers of his story to seek the truth as if seeking used car prices from the used car pricing bible, Kelly Blue Book. Though the James Padgett Messages are online in various forms, you can also search for the printed paperback versions of the four volumes with blue covers, which Michael calls the Gospel Blue Books, for seeking the True Gospel Revealed anew by Jesus. Instead of looking up used car prices, you will be looking up the reasons for going to your Creator in earnest prayer and asking Him for his free gift of Divine Love to enter your used soul and making it and you a new-birth!

This has been a nonfiction presentation. Only the characters name has been changed to humble the innocent.

Brooke Folk, author
Spirit Inspired Writer
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hey Brooke.....
You are so funny! Love your story!!! I'm typing this with my left arm so can't write more except to say looking forward to meeting you and hoping arrangements you've been trying to make for your mom are working out so you can join us! Loving wishes and gratitude to you.....Jeanne :lol:
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Another bottler as our friend Geoff would say. Nice segway into Divine Love and Padgett. Do you speak as well as you write my friend? You need to talk to audiences in your humble and humorous ways. I think that people would be riveted by your stories. Maybe we will all be going on the road together speaking about God's Love from creative and inspiring perspectives. :) Much love........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Hi Al; I guess you could have said, 'stick a cork in it' or 'stick a fork in it'.

Now you can hear what I sound like. WDLR Worldwide Divine Love Radio has just launched with the introduction program
of about a half hour episode. Click the link and then the play button should get you there. Another way is to go to DivineLoveStories.com click on the radio tab and click the link. Give a listen. You can download the episode as an mp3 file as well.

Now to find a time when you can be my guest co-host and we can record a program together.

http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/145785
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Another DivineLoveStory
A photo of an angelic winged Teddy Bear that accompanies this short story
can be viewed at DivineLoveStories.com site. Scroll down to the last story posted.

Title: Meet DL
A Teddy with a Dual Message
February 25, 2018
Brooke Folk, Author
Divine Love Spirit Inspired Short Stories
BrookeNetwork.com production

I am a special iconic creation for natural love and awareness. I was characterized with love and represent a warm and cuddly persona on behalf of all once loved and discarded stuffed animals. To be naturally loved, then gently loved, and then love lost, is a cycle to be broken by those who care. Your Creator always loves you more than you are aware. My friends can be repurposed and given the opportunity to be loved again and again. My stuffed, once loved animal friends may not have souls, but those who will re-birth their love for my friends do. Thank you!

My name is DL. Simply, DL. You can call me a Diane or a Denny, a Long or a Lane. Secretly, I like ‘Divine Love’ as a name. Call me ‘Simply Divine’, if it suits you. It certainly is flattering for me. Once you know me, you will know that it is my message that is divine and I am but a humble creation of imagination, serving His message, your Creators message, the message that his son came to share so long ago. Your belief in creation and how it came about, your nonbelief or one of mixed teachings and emotions and disbeliefs are all ok for us. My friends and I will always love you.

Feelings of being used and abused and wanting any small healing is so much desired and deserved. My friends are ready to do their small parts. Their needs of being loved again while raising awareness for the support that is needed for those abused is our special way of loving. First, you were a soul and then you were cloaked in a spirit body and wrapped by your physical form. An earthly journey to experience individuality and to grow your personality before returning to the spirit realms, that is your purpose in life. Has the gifted natural love and your free will, allowed something to go terribly wrong in your experiences in life?

The message that was taught over two thousand years ago was used and abused by mankind. Stripped of its dignity with words of men replacing the truth, the light and the way. Your hurting souls have the opportunity to experience a new birth, through asking for Divine Love in earnest prayer to your creator. Regardless of your belief system or how damaged it became because of reality. What could it hurt? If my friends can inspire a natural love, why not cry out to your Creator in prayer for Divine Love. The very love that Jesus taught, that was dimmed by man but not extinguished.

My message is for the knowledge and support of my friends to find new love, in new homes and arms, with hugs aplenty and for readers who are hurting and feel used and abused. Seek the knowledge of Divine Love that your soul is eager to receive. A serious message for a cause and the other for your soul progression. Both will make a difference. Divine Love is for eternity and can’t be taken from you.

About the Author: Brooke Folk is a short story writer with thousands of stories circulated worldwide. Visit DivineLoveStories.com for additional stories that you can read or download at no charge. To learn more about Divine Love, visit new-birth.net. or DivineLoveSantuary.com or DivineLove.org.
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

This story can be downloaded or viewed from DivineLoveStories.com
Title: Lady Ann
Missing Souls
March 2018 Brooke Folk, Author
Divine Love - Spirit Inspired Short Stories
BrookeNetwork.com production
Authors Note: This was also featured as a two-part story in The New Republic weekly newspaper in southwestern, PA. Brooke is a weekly contributor in his “Tales from the Trail’ column.

Lady Ann

Somewhere in a timeframe of 1942, the railway took him away from her, to never return and to never have word from him since his last kiss and "I love you." Not a learned lady, her efforts to have her husband located in the war arena, was never successful. Somewhere, in the next forty five years, she spent her life in near solitude in the mountains of Somerset County, Pennsylvania.

Lady Ann was an assumed war widow with no closure. Cross country by rail to San Diego was his orders and that is all that she knew. Twenty five hundred miles before he was to have special naval training and that was all she could tell local authorities who passed it on to county and state. The trail always went cold in their efforts to locate her newly wed and then off to war husband. The connecting rail lines couldn't confirm that he arrived at his destination. The mystery story of their not being accountable by passenger name could be explained away by special government change of identities aboard their trains.

Every lonesome whistle that blew on the Western Maryland and B&O line that lay in the valley of her mountain became a hoped for returning sojourn of her soldier without a name of record. Each hoped for whistle promise of a reunion, became mournful echo's for Lady Ann. Station managers of both lines in the small community of Meyersdale, had yellowed folded papers of a map to her mountain cabin, to give to the missing returning soldier who asked the whereabouts of his 'Lady Ann'. Each station manager passed on the information to their successor for decades.

It was a non spoken code of ethics that the station managers adhered to. Each would keep a vigil on her sparse mountain cabin, if Lady Ann didn't walk the tracks into town every now and then, to check on the safety of the yellowed note being in still good repair and visible to the station manager. In time, the Western Maryland stopped passenger service and decades later, the tracks were silent. The last station manager of the Western Maryland took the fragile note upon the stations closure and for his remaining days, would check on Lady Ann.

Her walks into town on an abandoned rail line, the very one that took her love from her so many years ago, somehow still gave her hope. The B&O, later the Chessie System, still had Amtrak service into Cumberland, Md. Even though Meyersdale no longer had a working depot, her note remained visible. At random times, Lady Ann would find someone around the station when peering into the windows. To that person, she would lament her story. Her walks into town were eventually non existent.

One of the last station managers, who retired from the Cumberland station, knew of Lady Ann. She was a secret icon of sorts. The code of ethics of managers was all but silent now. The last surviving manager, now well into his 80s, made pilgrimages to Lady Ann's cabin in spring and fall until he too fell silent. The yellow note was found in his will. A great granddaughter from Lavale, MD was the beneficiary of the original yellowed note along with a loving note from her great grandfather. A small sum of money was left to the mountain cabin assumed widow named Lady Ann.

Now in her late sixties, Lady Ann related her story one last time. She didn't need the money. You see, those few station managers agreed to put a small amount of money from their paychecks into a successful investment fund. A local bank saw to her personal banking and tax needs. She wasn't rich, but lovingly cared for. The station managers of the rails, the rails that took her love from her in 1942, felt a strange compelling to start the funding. Lady Ann understood who was behind the compelling. Until now, she never told a soul. That revealing will be continued in the next week’s column.

...continued from last week.

Lady Ann answered the gentle hesitant knocking at her cabin door. The hinges were long overdue for lubricant. She explained to the young lady that nobody could enter her place without her knowing it and she liked it that way. Besides she didn't need to waste any lard on those old hinges anyway. Her pretty young visitor didn't need to explain the purpose of her visit. Lady Ann saw the yellowed note in her hand.

"Weren't no reason to wear a dress into my woods," she chided her visitor. The girl couldn't help but gaze around the cabin, noticing a 1940's time warp motif. She did offer her explanation and handed the envelope to Lady Ann. Thumbing the cash, she handed it back to the girl and asked her visitor to sit down. "What's your name girl," Lady Ann asked? Her visitor said, "Ann," just like your name." "Well if that don't beat all. Never been two Ann's in my home," Lady Ann said. "Hard to believe, but I once was cute just like you. Cute enough to get married for a couple days before I lost him." Her story was then told one last time to a complete stranger.

“For the first two years I suspected he was lost to this world because of the war efforts but I suspected wrong. Yes, the war called him but it weren’t the enemy on some foreign battle field that did him wrong. It was around the time I bought this old hunting cabin, that I got my answer. I wanted to be alone with my God and His nature and little else. I was but a young bride of twenty years old and two days only at that, before those now rusted rails (she pointed down into the valley) took him from his home and from me. It wasn’t normal not to get mail when he arrived in San Diego, I was told.”

The young girl interrupted Lady Ann. “But I thought the officials never received word about your husband’s whereabouts?” “Heavens sake girl, them folks never did get to the bottom of any of their investigations. Shameful, but I forgave em after awhile. It wasn’t about two months after moving into my home that I got’s a feeling come over me. It got so that I thought this move to solitude was a mistake. Maybe I was going looney bins. Not in my right frame of mind. “Why was that,” young Ann asked? “Shush up girl and I’ll tell you. You always interrupt your peers when theys trying to explain sumpin to you?”

Young Ann had an instant fondness and was happy to oblige her peer. As she remained silent, Lady Ann explained her story that no human ears heard before. The story that explained the compelling of those dear dedicated station managers to do what they did for Lady Ann. What she suspected for many years was confirmed just recently. “For years I let my imagination play with me. Every misplaced and reappearance of my sewing things, was my husbands way of telling me he was ok. Cupboard doors opening and closing, pictures always need straightening, that sort of thing.”

Lady Ann continued. “I never once gave up hope. Then just last year I gets a book I never asks for and it says there is a spirit world we know as the heavens and everybody goes there and our souls can ask our Creator for His Divine Love and we can feels it. I feels it a lot and I never stop asking for it. And inside me, I hear this small voice that I think is me thinking but I never knows how to think such things. Somehow I knows it’s my Danny and somehow I knows you was coming here too. Somehow I knows the station managers and the bank were lookin after this mountain woman and now I knows it was my Danny’s doin.”

Lady Ann points to the book across the room on her quilted bed. “That’s a powerful book, you needs to get yourself one of them.” That was the end of her story. Ann noted the title before leaving. ‘True Gospel Revealed anew by Jesus’. Ann visited Lady Ann the following spring. The cabin was empty, no trace of being a habitat for almost five decades.

Ann scoured obituaries of the local Republican newspaper. There was no trace, just like the disappearance of her husband. Walking the half mile or so back to her car, Ann distinctly heard a passenger train going through the valley. Though it couldn’t have been, the rails were recently lifted to make way for a rails to trail hiking and biking trail. The lonesome whistle didn’t sound lonesome. Ann smiled as she caught the vision of Lady Ann and her Danny waving good by as they spirited away from their beloved Somerset County home to their promised heaven mansion.

Comments: BrookeFolk@gmail.com Find free reading of short stories on DivineLoveStories.com

A comment from Carol, editor of The New Republic
Ok, Brooke, you have to tell me the truth. No sly fox allusions this time lol. Where did the story of Lady Ann originate? Is this a creation of your beautiful and cunning imagination, or is this story based in reality. Not sure if it’s more the way you wrote it, or the memories of my own time with a new husband at war, but you have absolutely given me chills this morning.
Author’s reply: Lady Ann, an inspired story. Given to me by my sources and permission to bring it close to home, years later as a writer. As I compiled line upon line, my visual acuity saw the details! A bit fuzzy at first, then as a tear fell and another, I felt Lady Ann's weight of the unknown frustrations guide me to the location, of which I caught a glimpse of the very landscape in late May of 1966 when I became lost. It was that day when taking my street bike off a well-known mountain dirt road for a quick adventure.

That date is known, down to the precise day and hour because that evening was my high school graduation in May of 1966. My small Benelli 125cc street bike couldn't climb out of the heavily sloped mountainside. I tried walking the bike up the steep slope, with the engine running, to assist me in its lowest first gear. I made some progress until the clutch overheated. The bike on its side and me slumped next to a tree, the silence except for the whispers of nature, gave me a solitude moment to survey the hopelessness. I could walk out but never walk the miles back into town in time for graduation. I could smell my mother's supper on the stove and feel her concern of why I wasn't home and dressed for my special ceremonies in less than two hours and the party after.

It was that delicious smell and the fear of missing out on my own graduation and the fears that would overcome the family that gave me the strength for another try. The cooling of the clutch enabled a successful climb until I broke out onto the familiar dirt road, yards from where I made my foolish entry. Without using the once again heated clutch and stretched cable, I was able to non-clutch into a mid-range gear that gave me enough speed and power to descend the mountain road back into town with a half hour before graduation. Explaining my error in judgment, no time for supper and just enough time to shower and dress and join my graduating classmates, I finally had a brief moment sitting in the auditorium seats to reflect on my stupidity. Years later, many years later, I relived that late afternoon and remember vividly, the delicious aroma that triggered my final attempt to scale that mountainside. I now know it was from Lady Ann's cabin.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Wow, Brooke, another fantastic story! It too brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't wait to see how it would end! You really have a gift for story writing!

It reminded me of a Christmas party last December that Alex and I were invited to in my dad's street. He lives in a small dead-end street with only about ten families, some of whom have been there for many years and are quite close. Five years ago, one of the couples organized a surprise party for my dad's 90th birthday and we too were invited. Since then the husband passed away following a car accident and other health issues. We got to talk to the widow at this Christmas party and she told us things like: "I know Graeme is around, amazing things have been happening at the house, I know he is helping me and looking after me."

Keep up the good work with the stories and the radio.
Love,
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Yeah that is a really great story Brooke.

Well done.
hugs
Geoff
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Thank you Eva and Geoff.

Geoff, another invitation to you to be a guest on WDLR Radio. Now that Eva and I figured out Zoom can be an economical venue to extract audio
and upload to TalkShoe, It would be a no-cost connection to interview that unbelievable soul brain of yours. Of course all guest co-hosts have many episodes of topics to explore and share and I have been requested to have you as a guest co-host, numerous times. Let me know.