Divine Love Stories

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
Geoff
Family

Re: Divine Love Stories

Post by Geoff »

Dear Brooke,

Sure I guess we can figure out a suitable time. I have Zoom after discovering it is Chrome only, and does not work on Safari.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Just got a chance to read your latest Brooke. Loved it as always and love how you get Divine Love and Padget in there too. Geoff, I'm happy to see you step up for an interview. I'll be listening if I can 8-) . Another way to make a cheap land line call anywhere in the world is through a site called 'Local Call'. Pennies on the dollar to phone long distance. My over an hour interview/call to Brooke in PA costs 35 cents with this setup. I think you could afford to use a land line in this case. God bless.......Al

PS; Brooke, I know that Jeanne and I would be glad to be interviewed regarding our 5 week DL magical mystery tour. Happy to be home :P
Endless journey,endless Love.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Al, if you and/or Jeanne would like to write an article for the next newsletter issue about your trip, it is welcome. The deadline is April 20 and the max length about 1200 words, but we can tie it to a forum post if you wish to say more than that.
Love,
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

AlFike wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:18 pm Geoff, I'm happy to see you step up for an interview. I'll be listening if I can 8-) . Another way to make a cheap land line call anywhere in the world is through a site called 'Local Call'. Pennies on the dollar to phone long distance. My over an hour interview/call to Brooke in PA costs 35 cents with this setup. I think you could afford to use a land line in this case. God bless.......Al
We used Zoom, and not once in the hour did the sound quality drop off. It was very impressive. So I saved 35c. LOL
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

It's official. Geoff Cutler's WDLR program is "ON THE AIR". Converted the Zoom file minutes ago, no edits and it's online and ready to listen too.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/au ... 2&cmd=apop

Al and Jeanne, welcome home and let me know your earliest convenience to do the five-week Divine Love Tour program.

Eva, thank you for your comments on the latest read.

LoveLitRadioSoul
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

From a Distance
March 29, 2018
DivineLoveStories.com

Author: Brooke Folk

A humble sovereign soul, he felt princely when walking through his families fields of youth, like that sovereignty being the full right and power of our Creator over his creation. “We as His children without any interference from outside sources except for the responsibilities of land ownership of paying taxes and expenses are blessed with this gift of free will,” he would often be heard to exclaim to fellow grange members.

Paul Gibsons found solace and a communal connection with his ninetysomething acres. Most were far from tillable for farming. Ninety-five years of living, working and exploring gives a soul the knowledge of every square inch of his family’s parcel. He never was removed from Gibsons Forest for more than a few days at a time for the little nearby traveling he experienced. His free will in inherited land ownership was to nurture his healthy groves of sugar maple trees. It was the trees that yielded their annual sap that maple producers turned into his annual income sustenance’s. Some years were more productive than others, however, in the more draught years, Paul’s frugal spending created a profitable reservoir to safely tap into.

From a Distance, those who knew Paul considered him a personality infused with the very sweetness of his maple trees. He was sort of a tree whisperer within his County. Oft days would find him aided by his walking stick, walking different sections of his property lines. Prominent maple industry producers would line up to purchase his acreage, should there be a hint of selling. With no heirs to inherit his land and never a hint as to Paul’s intention of selling, what eventually happens to Gibsons Forest is one of the industries history mysteries.

Paul’s association with a neighboring farm family and decades of their dedicated service in being his maple production crew wasn’t just for the dollars that exchanged hands. Almost half a century ago, when that family lost everything in a wild brush fire incident, it was Paul who helped to put them back on their feet. Parents and four children lived on Gibsons Forest during the time of rebuild. Without sufficient insurance, the family felt indebted to Paul but according to Paul, it was the other way around. As the story goes, inheritance may fall to that farm family. At least that is the assumed story of the hopeful potential investors.

Being privileged to have an insight into the story, I can tell you that Paul may be on the county records of owning that parcel but according to a very close source, he gave up ownership over fifty years ago. Maybe not on land ownership papers but his personally recorded and sound of mind, last Will, and Testament, was etched and signed by Paul and witnessed and legally recorded and kept updated. Fifty etchings of updated calendar year dates have been physically displayed on one of the huge supporting barn beams and are there to this date. It clearly states that upon his physical demise, the property and all his worldly possessions will transfer to the youngest female heir to the neighboring farm family. The real reason for that unusual request may never be known and at present, the youngest is now entering her freshman year. High school or college, I must leave that to your imagination.

Paul is still with us and it won’t be too long until the maple sap will leave his veins, as he says, but he’s ready. He has it from a very trusted reliable source that the trees he will nourish in the spirit realms are beyond earthly description. And from a distance, he will be looking in on his earthly legacy now and then. You see, it was about fifty years ago when Paul began praying to his Creator for Divine Love to enter into his soul. The minister from his little church in the Wildwood (like in the popular congregational song) was visiting Gibsons Forest a few days after the devastating brush fire. He confided in his longtime friend that he had a gift for Paul and also that the burned out farmers next door were in dire straights.

The minister’s gift was a set of four books that corrected his direction in life. Out of his small flock, he felt sure that Paul would appreciate knowing why he was leaving the area and the ministry. As he put it, his views were now in alignment with the truth that Jesus taught. The truth that he knew his staunch flock would not embrace. It was too foreign to their doctrines and creeds that they comfortably grew up believing and trusting. He was similar to Jesus in that his message was not taken to heart among those that knew him in his youth and like Jesus, he went out among his fellow countrymen to preach the gospel.

Along with the deed to the farm, it is stipulated that those four volumes accompany the deed. In Paul’s gained wisdom, earth accumulations of material wealth are of no lasting value, however, the wealth of truth to the soul is a vast storehouse of treasures that follow you into the spirit realms and into the very Kingdom of God if it is your will. The volume’s, (True Gospel Revealed anew by Jesus, 1-4), shows their half-century of age with his personal notations in the margins. His true legacy is the knowledge of the truth within those pages, not the 95 acres and their fleeting monetary value.

It is Paul’s most desirous and earnest prayerful request that the heir to his farm will seek the knowledge from those many pages and he does cherish the thought that he will witness her soul progression from his lofty heights of the celestial kingdom.

Amen.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hi Brooke,

I just read your comment in response to Al's in the radio thread, and I must say you "Wow" me (and others) as well. Another lovely story. I have a curiosity question though: Is your hero's name real or fictional? As you probably know, there is a John Paul Gibson in the history of the Divine Love Community (https://new-birth.net/padgetts-messages ... ul-gibson/).

May your LoveLit Soul shine ever brighter and shed the light abroad to other souls like the flame from a candle lighting other candles. :)

Love,
Eva
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Eva, thank you for your comments. And I want to thank you for the teeny tiny books that you authored. I was reminded of them on your other post and also have that concept in mind in an, even more, teenier tinier teaser topic version. A four-page (one page printed front and back and folded type template for quick self-print and fold) for the individual do it yourself handouts. I haven't found the right template in my casual searches. I want to duplicate the copy twice so each sheet of paper would yield two products. Also will eventually be doing some audiobook recordings of my stories too. There I said it, so maybe that will spur me to put it on my to-do list.

The character Paul Gibsons is derived from Gibsons, Al and Jeanne's hometown. There are two versions of that story. A newspaper column story where his name and a different photo but similar is Paul Gibson and the DivineLoveStory as posted here.
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

This little 600 word story will run in a June 7th edition of The New Republic newspaper in Meyersdale, PA. It has a local circulation as well as
an out of town (keeping up with the community) base of subscribers.

Author: Brooke Folk
May 27, 2018 A Submitted Column to a Local Home Town weekly Newspaper
DivineLoveShortStories.com

"A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

In all my later adult years and they add up to decades, when I’m in the turmoil of the moment, I suppress the true logic of Ben’s words. Regardless of topic, my fervor of winning my side of the gut-wrenching battle of words to prop up my belief’s on a matter, are of no value when it’s all said and done. Religion convictions are the worst case scenarios to try and convert an opposite mindset.

The proverbial cat should have my tongue when I’m babbling on but for some reason, my flappable vocal chords can’t be turned off. I can sense my frustration and know that it is useless to keep searching for that magic sentence utterance that will turn the guttural tide in my favor to save face with ego but it has been a hard lesson to learn even though I totally agree with Ben’s wisdom. It’s the ‘I can’t practice what I preach’, syndrome. It drives me right into the arms of folly. Why do opposites attract? One or the other usually gets their knickers in a twist and never kiss and makeup. One or both slink away with their tales between their legs.

It becomes obvious that the one or the other that gets hot under the collar first, got up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. While one is telling the other to read between the lines, the other is saying read my lips. Who wins the argument? Only time will tell. It’s just a matter of time. One of the themes of this piece is that no matter how right you are or you think you are, all that glitters isn’t gold from the other party’s perspectives. Life isn’t all for one and one for all. We’ve been gifted free will and that simply means we make our own beds and lie in them. However you came to your opinion conclusions and how steadfast you are in them, it stings when someone tries to persuade you that their opinion is the way and that you should follow them.

Regardless of how head over heels you are in love with your opinionated self, sometimes its obvious to others just how obstinate you are and it can and does alienate you from others. Those personalities are not give and take but are me, me and mine and that’s all she wrote. We are all at fault to a small or larger degree and to that would we agree? We all are closed minded on some subjects and we will always remain convinced that we are right no matter what until we become dead right, in other words till we croak. Just maybe when we meet up again, on the other side, we can say, see, I told you so. But until then we should keep an open mind, maybe someone higher up is trying to tell us something. And to that, we can live happily ever after. May all that glitters turn out to be golden opportunities for seeking the truths. Don’t cry over spilt milk.

I’ll spare your heart-stopping fear. There are buckets more of Cliché’s I could have stuffed in today’s column but I think you get the picture or the drift, regardless if the lesson was ugly as sin.

Speaking of fear and speaking of sin, let me close with a quote from Judas. Yes, Judas of the scriptures. ‘Fear is the emptiness of the Soul. You need to fill it with (divine) love and faith’. Readers, I love you more than life itself. I better stop now, I see the writings on the wall.

Comments: BrookeFolk@gmail.com
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Brooke...

Another "bottler" as Geoff would say! Thank you! :P I love the quote from Judas! This will be my mantra for today! Sending you love and hugs in gratitude, Always, Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!