An Unusual Experience - leads to an old project

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
JAB
Family

An Unusual Experience - leads to an old project

Post by JAB »

Eleven years ago, 11/11/2006, I compiled and published a small book with the title “Realms of the Spirit World”. This book was created only a few months after I discovered the work and writings of James Padgett on the Internet, at Geoff Cutler’s website, new-birth dot net. Until April of 2006, I never heard of James Padgett, and the Divine Love. But when I stumbled into Geoff’s website, though already a 70-year-old man, I became as an excited child in a toy store. Everything was new, and I embarked on a new adventure that hasn’t ended!

Then it happened. Eleven years later. In early November of this year, I had an experience that ignited the memory of the book I published 11 years ago! No. No person asked me about my old project. No one purchased a copy. No one had purchased a copy of Realms of the Spirit World in eleven years!

Here is the experience that I had four weeks ago...

I attend a local version of an international program called Death Cafe. It is a program that invites people to come and talk about the subject of death and dying. It's fascinating. It's informal. People of all ages come from all walks of life and sit informally in a circle of chairs. There is a leader, but Dani, our host, only serves to introduce the open-discussion and keep the talk going around the circle so that no one person dominates. We usually gather for about 90 minutes. We meet at a local bookstore. Attendance varies from a handful to as many as 60-70. I've been attending about two years. We meet once per month.

My unusual experience began when our regular gathering met on Thursday night, Nov. 9th, and was followed the next day when I attended a special meeting with a guest speaker at the same Bookstore where the Death Cafe meets. The guest was the author, Stephen Jenkinson, from the Toronto, Canada area, talking about his book, Die Wise. He was quite a character! He told story after story that came from 20 years experience of working with the dying and their families. The purpose in his book and his presentation is to show that most people do not die well. Many are treated inhumanly when they die. In so-called modern society, the reality of death and dying is removed from most peoples lives. I did not plan to buy a copy of his book, but after I heard his talk, I did.

I slept on it. Had a good sleep. The next morning, Saturday (11.11), I woke up thinking about a book I had not given thought to in almost eleven years ... yes, Realms of the Spirit World. I pulled a copy off my bookshelf, dusted it off, and began to read the Preface that I wrote for the book. It was all about the subject of death and dying! I had completely forgotten this. But, so what? Well, I was disappointed in the book I held in my hand. Like so many other things I do, I start, and then do not follow-through and finish.

The old project, Realms of the Spirit World, was printed with small lettering, and had no ISBN assigned to it. It was dormant. Copies have not been purchased by others in years.

Well, I brought the book back to life and republished it with easier to read lettering, and gave it an ISBN. The new edition is now available to the public through my online bookstore ... and will soon show up on Amazon and other popular places on the Internet.
Joseph

Divine Love Journey
http://divinelovejourney.weebly.com/
Eva
Family

Re: An Unusual Experience - leads to an old project

Post by Eva »

Hello Joseph,

What an interesting story about death and dying that led to the resurrection of your book related to the subject! (pun intended!) While most people in the West are not generally keen to think about death and dying, it is something we'll all have to face sooner or later (and it could be tomorrow or in 20 or more years -- we just don't know), so we may as well be preparing for it.

Your story could lend itself to the newsletter -- it adds interesting details to the write-up you sent me the other day and would give readers something to think about.

Love,
Eva
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

That's a nice story Joseph. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm sure sometime in the near future many will read your books and this one included. That they are in the public realm is what's important. The rest will take care of itself.

Love and Hugs,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Joseph,

Thats great news.

hugs
Geoff
PlenaryGrace
Family

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for sharing. I, too, have come to the realization that many people do not die well. At least in our western societies. It makes me wonder if we can positively impact our dying experience, and perhaps the experiences of those closest to us, by our own soul conditions. (Receipt of God's Divine Love)

I will take a look at your book!

Love,
Catherine
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks for this Joseph. God bless.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.