Creating print-on-demand copy of ARDT, Vol. I

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
michael
Busy Bee

Creating print-on-demand copy of ARDT, Vol. I

Post by michael »

I'm working on a print-on-demand copy for Angelic Revelations of Divine Truth, Vol. I. The original volume was typed on an old fashioned typewriter. So the work involves scanning the book, converting the scans into text, proofreading the text, and formatting it for print-on-demand. I have already completed most of the work and have a Kindle version on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Angelic-Revelati ... vine+truth).
Geoff
Family

Re: Creating print-on-demand copy of ARDT, Vol. I

Post by Geoff »

Yes the content is not the same as I have on my web site. I found Dave L had made some curious changes and so you really have to scan the book. Otherwise i would have offered to create one a long time ago if it was just a different compilation of the same messages.
michael
Busy Bee

Post by michael »

Hi Geoff!
Thanks for the offer. I was aware of DL making editorial changes but nothing that should affect the meaning of the message. If you know otherwise, I would be interested in learning more. I have no problems in editing the messages with punctuation and grammar to make them more "readable". But I am not a fan of introducing personal biases into the volumes. In the new Kindle version, we removed the editorial about instantaneous creation versus evolution. We feel the messages should stand on their own and allow the reader to make up their own mind on what is meant regarding the "instantaneous creation of human beings".
Peace and Love brother,
Michael
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi Michael,

I doubt I could locate it now, but DL assumed the sequence of three messages, and got it wrong, but he did not like the introduction of one of them, I think the second as published, as it did not fit the sequence he chose, so he changed it. Not big but it was enough to worry me. As I had put dates on the messages it was very obvious to me.

Geoff
michael
Busy Bee

Post by michael »

Hi Geoff,
Ok, thanks for the info - I appreciate it!
Blessings and Love,
Michael
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

I did eventually locate this:
Firstly there are 3 volumes created by FCDT. Two of Padgett and one of Samuels plus Padgett. The Two volume set of Angelic Revelations was done by Dr. Dave Lampron. I have the greatest personal respect and love for Dave, and it was important that he create those books at the time he did, because Victor Summers had hijacked the FCNB and they (the FCDT) needed books. Added to that he was inspired to add the missing "questions". This latter issue finally broke the FCDT in half, and led to the FCNB being rebuilt after Victor Summers gave up with it. However during my ministerial program with FCDT I used these volumes and found that Dave had made other changes that he considered appropriate. One of these annoyed me immensely. There are a sequence of three messages on the subject of Rapport by John and he did not have available dates, because I and others added them much later, about 2002 on. Anyway he decided to merge them and altered the text to make it seem like it was the correct sequence and all in one message. That made me wonder what other changes he has seen fit to introduce. To me adding questions is useful, altering text is not. This is on page 27 of Volume 1. The two messages merged were from Jan 4th 1918 and Nov 2, 1917. If ever anyone checked, I think they would be as annoyed as I was. I have no idea what else he may have changed because he did not indicate that he had made any changes.
hugs
Geoff