New Divine Love Book by Rev. Tim Foley

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.
Eva
Family

New Divine Love Book by Rev. Tim Foley

Post by Eva »

Tim Foley, a long-time Divine Love Community member and minister, has published a book entitled Making It Personal – Your Guide to a More Rewarding and Profound Prayer Life, which is available on Amazon.com -- https://www.amazon.com/Making-Personal- ... 735948764/ -- in paperback.

In Tim's words:
Many months in the making, this book holds something for everyone involved with or even thinking about starting and developing a “prayer life”. Here is an example quote from the chapter, “Purification”.

“It is useful to remind ourselves that during contemplative prayer, God is in control. We need not, nor should we try to control, entertain thoughts, imaginings, memories, etc. Relinquish the thought of all creatures and the desires for them and let go of even the very thought of self, even the thought or awareness of your own physical existence. This is what God and His angels are guiding you to: an awareness of nothing but the Presence of God’s Love.

“St. John of the Cross writes that ‘No matter how much an individual does through his own efforts, he cannot actively purify himself enough to be disposed in the least degree for the divine union of the perfection of Love. God must take over and purge him . . .’

“The more Divine Love that flows into our souls and finds a lodgment there, the less room can there be for thoughts and earthly desires, sin, and the memory of sin. In fact, all those things that tend to defile our souls will be gradually pushed aside to make room for more and more of the Love, through God’s mercy and forgiveness. This is more wonderful evidence as to how carefully our loving Father has designed His holy plan for us. This wonderful process of divinely orchestrated purification is one of the special blessings we receive and can look forward to realizing more and more as we continue to develop our prayer life.”
Geoff
Family

Re: New Divine Love Book by Rev. Tim Foley

Post by Geoff »

Thanks Eva.

Tim was unable to access this board, a situation that seems so common, yet one which I totally cannot understand as the board offers the ability to resend a password as long as the email address is correct. I gave him all the info, but still no sign of him here. If I understood this issue better maybe I would understand why Al and Jeanne also regularly had the same problem. I certainly know some people had duplicate identities here because they could not recall the correct info, so signed up again. Creating a new account seems paradoxically easier than logging in?

hugs
Geoff
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hi Geoff,
I have never had an issue logging in -- my computer and iPad remember the login info and I don't have to ever keep reentering it. So not sure why others are having problems. But it doesn't matter nowadays, because unfortunately there is almost nothing new to read. I usually post here only to cross-link to the newsletter or elsewhere since as far as I know, people can read without logging in.
Love,
Eva
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Eva,

Well you may not have known, but after Al and Jeanne consistently could not gain access, they were very happy to use FaceBook, and that was the end of this site. Having said that, they were far from alone. I agree with you that if you have "remember me" flagged and never log out, its a no-brainer. If you have a decent record of your passwords, its also a no brainer. But I suspect if you don't do either of these, its a problem.

hugs
Geoff
Vee
Happy Camper

Post by Vee »

I almost had the same predicament, Geoff, as I couldn't remember my password, and looking through diaries, could't find it anywhere. But just tried one for luck, and hey presto, it was correct.
I still occasionally look at this website, but it is not what it was unfortunately. I'm not on facebook and have no intention to register there. But am guilty myself at not contributing.
Having found what I looked for around 6 years ago, I have been quite content, and keep on reading and discovering more and more in the literature. I have also found that many people in my environment do share the same beliefs, without knowing that it is like the Divine Love Movement. But I have also found out , that labelling anything is a bad mistake, and have given up on that. It doesn't matter what we call things, as long as we discuss the essence of it. I always have had trouble with religious terminology anyway, so understand that other people react the same.
But I have had comment that I have changed considerably, and feel that is correct. Life is much more
intense, and it is also full of coincidences, that I now feel not to be coincidences at all. Just have a more open mind about it. It is quite wonderful. I got involved in fundraising in a big way and enjoy every moment of it. The odd thing is that the more one gives, the more one gets back.
Well, you triggered this comment Geoff, as I also feel sorry about this website being less active, and Facebook swallows up everything.

All the best to all of you.
Vee.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Good to hear from you Vee. Thanks for letting us know how you are going, which appears extremely well!!!

hugs
Geoff