Greetings from Vee

Please introduce yourself here
Vee
Happy Camper

Re: Greetings from Vee

Post by Vee »

Thank you both, Geoff and Jeanne, for your comments.
It is just as well there can be humour about such things. I really don't know how to confront my reborn ( conventional) Christian friends, and won't even try. That is too hard to handle... Best to concentrate on the DL part and not go into any major differences....
But they are not likely to read this website, so I'll likely be off the hook...
I have already downloaded those books you suggested, Geoff, and they'll prove to be an interesting read. My curiosity is insatiable.But Padgett deserves endless re-readings, and I tend to go from one thing to another for variety.I'm amazed at the amount of work you have done regarding your website, Geoff. It is like a life's work.
And Jeanne, I have come across situations your friend was in also. One makes the best of it.....and the people still enjoy...
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Hi Vee, I looked at the YouTube links and really enjoyed some of the music. I think that music can serve to open the soul. Your beautiful playing must do that for people and for yourself as well. My theory is that many musicians are spiritual people. Especially those who play classical because it has so much soul in it.Sorry to lable you as a man, obviously I'm not as psychic as I think I am :lol: .

There comes a time along this path when the fears of exposure are over ridden by our faith in this truth. As a retired professional gardener, I had little to lose in this way. Jeanne was very high profile in her community just as you must be in yours so this is a different kettle of fish. Yet, when we do step forward, we are declaring this truth and it is a gift that can be accepted or rejected. Our lives didn't fall apart with our declarations . Instead we gained many new friends and as we opened the doors to our home for prayer, many came through the threshold and enriched our lives. Of course we are not raving proselytizers, we are pretty quiet and usually seek our queues through guidance when to speak. A learning and evolving process to be sure. Much love to you Veronica, you have made a bold step and kudos to you in this. Considering the meager traffic flow here, it is unlikely that any of your friends will come across your posts. You're safe here my love. God bless.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Vee
Happy Camper

Post by Vee »

Thank you for your understanding response, Al.
I have often wondered how someone like Padgett would have coped with his "double" life, having to keep quiet about it in his line of work. Perhaps that contributed to the messages becoming less and less fequent in his last years.
So I agree with you too, Geoff, that it is easier to be retired, if one decides to come out.
Self effacing humor might help sometimes, but the "sizzling heretic"???....lol.

Much love,

Vee.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Vee and welcome to this forum.

Thank you for sharing with us all more about yourself. You are almost a neighbour to me in that I live in Australia -- same as Geoff, though the next state up, Queensland. My father, still doing well and living independently at 92, was a professional oboe player and played for Melbourne Symphony Orchestra among other places. Since his retirement, he has been into art. I don't play music, though I learned the piano and guitar in my younger years. I am more into writing and publishing.

So again welcome and we all look forward to getting to know you better.
Love, Eva
TimJ
Happy Camper

Post by TimJ »

Welcome Vee!

Very glad that you decided to step forward and say “Hi” :) . Hello from Minnesota!

I love the Borgia series very much and in some ways, wish I had run into it first. It’s a great “primer” that goes so far beyond that. I’ve since shared it with several others who didn’t seem to show much continued interest, so clearly timing is involved, but I was tickled that they showed some amount of it.

I also love music beyond what I’d consider normal. I hadn’t done anything with it professionally, well nothing notable, but it’s been a constant companion. I was formally instructed on piano, but have recently been spending more time on acoustic guitar (to the detriment of piano). I didn’t know Arie is a (classically trained) musician too. I’m guessing there a few others around here who haven’t mentioned it prior.

Thanks for sharing your recital videos. I enjoyed them! You performed well, really got into it at times, especially given the difficulty and volume of the work (and that was a lot of work). It was easy to appreciate your accuracy and excellent phrasing. I was riveted often.

Anyway, I can certainly relate to the feeling of getting “lost” while playing/performing and given the medium for emotion, can see how it could also involve prayer. I think there’s a very good reason why music has been involved in religious procession (and séance) for ages now. Given the apparently vibratory nature of our existence, for me, music is an easy metaphor and an extremely deep subject.

Just curious, but if you had to quickly share a handful of musical works as your “favorites”, what would you choose? I know I may be asking a bit much, and that these things change, depending on mood, so I’ll share some of mine first:

Gluck’s “Dance of the blessed Spirits” – I had played flute for a few years so connected easily with this, but Yuja Wang (dear goodness!) performs a really neat piano arrangement of it too.
JS’s Air on the G String – very popular, with good reason!
Avinu Malkeinu (Max Janowski) – I had the opportunity to be a part of the choir for a performance of this, in a cathedral w/ organ, a (soul) touching experience I’ll never forget!
“Still the One” by Orleans - I could go on endlessly about 70s pop music, but this one stands out for me.

Well, that’ll have to do for now and hope to read more from you.

Love and blessings to you all and I hope you’re having a great day, wherever you are,
Tim
Pamela
Happy Camper

Post by Pamela »

Welcome look forward to getting to know you
Pamela
Vee
Happy Camper

Post by Vee »

Thank you Eva, Tim and Pamela for your messages of welcome.

Eva,It is nice to know that some of the group are in Australia. I’ve visited that country numerous times, and it is likely I’ll come again some time.But I think that the really long travels are over.I have been to Brisbane a number of times too.
You would have grown up then with some lovely oboe music.I recently accompanied an oboist at a concert, and it is such a lovely instrument.

Tim, as to favorite music just now that is very hard to say, but often favorite music is what I'm at that time working on, and now that is Brahms opus 119.( Kempf 's recording is good)
It is easier to ask for favorites regarding my instrument only , anything from Haydn to Debussy and between. I love Bach too, but prefer his music for string and wind instruments. But there is a wonderful Busoni piano arrangement of a Choral Prelude: I call on Thee, Lord, for organ.
I've played the Gluck Dance of the Blessed spirits as well, at the time when I learned the flute myself. Definitively a favorite then.

Love and blessings to you all.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Geez its great to have someone else on a reasonable time zone. soon we will have a whole board full? Now its Eva, James, Vee and myself. Wow.

hugs
Geoff
arie2012
Family

Post by arie2012 »

TimJ wrote:I didn’t know Arie is a (classically trained) musician too. I’m guessing there a few others around here who haven’t mentioned it prior.
Hi Tim!

Well, I actually think that most of the people here knew that I'm a musician. I just don't talk a lot about it here. I guess I'm more interested in talking about the Divine Love path and all its ups and downs (mostly ups!) than about my profession ;) . After all, we musicians do a lot of "shop-talking" anyway :P :lol:

But I do like a lot what you and Vee have written on music elsewhere. Wow, we seem to have some really talented music-philosophers here! Perhaps I'm more into performing than in philosophing, but who knows, maybe I will join in at some moment ;)

Hugs, bro!
Arie
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hello, Vee!

I'm sorry I'm late to the welcoming party! I was so excited to see how you found the Padgett Messages as my experience was very close to yours. Just three years ago, my wife and I had a very wonderful, loving experience with a non-Divine Love medium, but that experience changed our lives. After the reading with the medium, I was like you are now... Looking for and wanting to read everything about messages from spirit, and the books written about the same. I too started with the Borgia books, and I read them all as quickly as possible! (They are rather short, but I think there are four or five of them, am I right, Geoff?)

Anyway, Boriga lead me to Padgett, via the wonderful website of Geoff's work!

I too am a musician, but not classically trained. I laughingly refer to myself as the "lounge act" of the Divine Love movement. So after a long day of deep discussions or prayers, if you are ready for a glass of wine and to kick off your heals, I'm your man, playing the likes of Elton John, Billy Joel, or any number of pop tunes. :lol:

I'm also an attorney, and I have a very strong affinity for Mr. Padgett and the story of his life, work, and family.

Enough about me, I'm so very glad to hear from you, and I look forward to hearing more of your journey down this most wonderful Path we call Divine Love.

Love and very warm hugs from Southern California,
Dennis