Greetings from Vee

Please introduce yourself here
Vee
Happy Camper

Re: Greetings from Vee

Post by Vee »

Thank you Dear Jeanne , Geoff and Joseph for your concern about what happened here.
I feel for all those folks who have been hit so hard this time. But we all know that living in a place like this , and for that matter also the Vancouver area, might mean that this is going to be a possible experience in one’s life.
You haven’t heard much from me for a while, but I have been so extraordinarily busy with performance activities, that much has gone on the back foot.Nevertheless every evening I spend a while studying various books, and I have a special interest in comparing the terminology used for various faith concepts.
As soon as I have some order in my ideas, I’ll contribute a piece. I think that the concept of Divine Love is there even in books that don’t actually name it such, or don’t touch upon this subject very obviously, but one can read it…as it were..between the lines, or sense it as something that is taken for granted, is self evident and not always spelled out.

Love and God Bless,

Veronica.
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Praying for you and your countrymen for a full and speedy recovery from the earthquake.

Also, looking forward to reading your piece whenever you get around to posting it.

Love and hugs from earthquake prone California,

Dennis
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Vee,

I identify with your interest in "comparing the terminology used for various faith concepts." I also agree that
"the concept of Divine Love is there even in books that don’t actually name it such, or don’t touch upon this subject very obviously, but one can read it…as it were..between the lines, or sense it as something that is taken for granted, is self evident and not always spelled out."

I have tried to match the Divine Love teachings with the Bible and found many references there, albeit sometimes under different names. I believe the same is true in other religious traditions. You might like to check a couple of pages on my website:
http://universal-spirituality.net/truth ... reflection -- contrasting Jesus' Divine Love gospel with the traditional "gospel" and
http://universal-spirituality.net/law-o ... ivine-love -- Paul's prayers for the Divine Love, albeit in different words

Love,
Eva
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

I really appreciate this conversation....Al and I are struggling to come up with a brief definition of Divine Love for the launch of our new website! Who would think this task would be so challenging?!
If anyone has come across a brief definition of Divine Love and would like to pass it on to us we would be very grateful! Many thanks! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Jeanne,

What is Divine Love?
Divine Love is the love that is God’s love, or said another way, Divine Love is that Love that belongs to or is part of God. It is different than the love you have for your spouse or children; it’s different than the love you have for family, friends and neighbors. That is natural love, man’s natural love. Divine Love is more — much more!

Divine love is different from natural love of man in that Divine Love is the Love of God, and it contains His essence, His substance. When man possesses enough of God’s Divine Love in his or her human soul, it makes them in essence like the Father, and have secured themselves a place of everlasting happiness in the Celestial heavens.

What Is Divine Love As Described by Jesus

Here is how Jesus described it on May 15, 1917, as he wrote the message through James E. Padgett:

“Now, it had better be understood here what this Divine Love was and is, for It is the same today that It was when man was created in the image of God. This Love differs from the natural love of man with which he was endowed when created, which belongs to all men, and which they all possess in a more or less perfect condition, in this: that the Divine Love is that Love which belongs to or is a part of God, possessing His Nature and composed of His Substance, and which, when possessed by man to a sufficient degree, makes him Divine and of the Nature of God. And God intended that this great Love should be received and possessed by all men who should desire to receive It, and who would make the effort to obtain It.”

What Is Divine Love and How Do You Receive It?

Divine Love is God’s greatest gift, and it is available to anyone! It does not matter if you belong to any particular religion or no religion at all. God’s gift of Divine Love is for anyone who asks for it.
Vee
Happy Camper

Post by Vee »

Hello all,
The whole idea of when the term “Divine Love” began to be used in the literature, fascinates me, and the concept, when it came into being, also. I know about the Bible hinting at it in many places, Eva, without actually using the terminology as we do now. On closer reading I even found bits in the old classic “Life in the world unseen”( Antony Borgia), that makes me wonder, if he knew as well. But he makes mention of it being too complicated in what is exactly going on, and that it isn’t the right time to bring it up….I forgot his exact wording and cannot find it again in a hurry. To study this properly, one has to be like a university student and make notes, but I didn’t, and now don’t have the time to look it all up again.

Looking at the time in which these various books were written, one wonders if those writers knew about one another, and as Padgett came out quite late, certainly much later than when some of the other books came out( from Geoff’s favourite list on his website), they couldn’t have copied him.( Hope I’m not wrong there, but going by the more archaic language, one would guess some are much older) Then one has to guess which older books have this DL concept also in them, some are quite obvious, others might have, depending on how you feel its presence in those books.

I cannot help still wondering if it is really all so very black and white…..Divine Love vs Natural Love. There is often mention made of people having received DL, without being aware of it, so what did they do in their prayers? Not asking for Divine Love as such, if they didn’t understand that, but something else apparently that was close enough. This is really a bit of a mystery.

Are we perhaps getting a bit pedantic about language, and making things too black and white? Is there not a much larger scale of greys and everything in between, and every individual finding their own personal approach to it? We already know how limited our languages are. I’m reading now "Spirit World and Spirit Life" by Charlotte Elizabeth Dresser, and she goes into that a lot. I agree with Geoff that that is a very good first book to start with. But it isn’t a simple book at all, it has great detail and does the most important thing of all, it explains extremely well how the process of communication works. Have not seen that elsewhere to that extent. To any newcomer, this will be very enlightening. It is the most “logical” explanation I have come across.
It really makes you see our limitations, and that we cannot measure by worldly measures, but make room for many things we simply cannot understand.

I want to get further into this, but it is spring here and I’m overwhelmed by gardening work( an absolute passion I cannot leave alone), and also the end of the music performances for the year.( much new stuff to learn for next year) I do a lot of bedtime reading, but that is all I manage now. No time for making notes……

Love and blessings, to you all,
Veronica.
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Jeanne,
this message, TGRABJ, Vol. 1, pg 20 or https://new-birth.net/padgetts-messages ... ol-1-pg20/ has several "definitions" of the Divine Love that you may be able to use or adapt.

By the way, you mentioned a new website you'll be launching. I am in the process of updating the "Divine Love Resource Guide" and would like to include it in the next version if it up and running soon. We can also mention it in the next newsletter.

For those who don't know, the Guide includes all the DL ministries -- websites, YouTubes, FB pages, book authors, etc. and is downloadable from my website at http://universal-spirituality.net/ , as well as the FCDT community website. If your ministry is not on the Guide and you'd like it to be, please let me know as soon as possible.

Love,
Eva
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Veronica,
I enjoyed your reflections on the Divine Love in other sources and other words, and agree that most things aren't as black and white as we would like them to be. I look forward to your further thoughts and may even add to the discussion, but time doesn't allow for it at the moment.
Love,
Eva