New to Divine Love Forum -my name is Audley

Please introduce yourself here
DennisT
Family

Re: New to Divine Love Forum -my name is Audley

Post by DennisT »

Hi Audley,

Welcome to the forum. I haven't had a chance to read this entire thread, but I appreciate your questions. I always learn a lot from the exchanges on this forum.

Again, welcome, and I hope to see your posts often.

Dennis
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear Audley,

Geoff highlights what we must all do, seek the Love. You remind us, as you share a bit about your struggles, how challenging it is to keep centered in the Love, even for those of us who have deeply felt the Love. No matter how long we have been on this path, I believe we all continue to be challenged to do so. What must we do?

For me, the answer is to keep choosing to turn our thoughts to our Creator, to grow our faith in the Love and our seeking of that Love, to grow in our ability to know it in spite of the obstacles our own minds pose. This is a moment to moment choice for me. Sometimes I am successful in being mindful of the Presence, many times I am not. I keep working at it. The group prayers help greatly. The examples of significant people in my life help greatly. This forum and the people on it, help greatly. Inspirational teachings help greatly. My own heartfelt prayers do likewise.

What I appreciate about the questions you are posing, Audley, is that they invite us to speak truly about this path, to acknowledge that it not easy to carve a condition of spirituality in the midst of the material conditions that surround us and that we carry in our own beings. It is a struggle for me, as it is for you. When I reflect on the rewards during that struggle, when I make time to pray and be with our Creator, I am heartened, I forge on, I have hope.

Thank you, Audley!
Love,
Terry
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear Audley,
I have responded to your question "what is the soul" on another thread under "General Topics" I think it was. Perhaps something there might be relevant?
Love,
Terry
Audley
Happy Camper

Post by Audley »

Thank you Terry, your posts are greatly appreciated as well as everyone else who has posted regarding my topics.
Shalom, Audley
Maureen
Site Admin

Post by Maureen »

Welcome Audley and Hello Everyone,

Great to have you along for the ride Audley! I haven't read through all the posts but the ones that I did I found myself wanting to share my personal experience (as it is truly all I have to go on) regarding the "self-love aspect" and it's possible hindrance of obtaining The Love.

I am deep in the wash of The Love cleansing off encrustments which my soul holds and has held. I have been along on the path for many years and in the past 4 months have noticed an increase of receiving of the Love which, in turn, something has to give, and my awareness has been heightened to a couple of the false beliefs my soul has carried. This brings me to the point of "worthiness" . This is a topic area, which through my continued devotion of obtaining Divine Love, is currently lifting off of my soul speck by speck. It is now, after all these years, where my soul is at a place where I can come to the Father with deeper honesty, lay myself bare and ask to be shown that which is no longer serving and for the nature of such to be dislodged. Ask and you shall receive.

My personal worthiness or lack there of has now been brought to the surface for its time to lift off increment by increment. Perhaps it is a timely thing, that which I can embrace to a fuller degree and accept of myself. It has been a very loving experience to come to the feet of the Creator and humbly ask - What today, what today -

So what is the gift in all of that one might question ..... deeper self love and acceptance ..... and Thank God because the deeper I can love and accept myself, I too, accept and love others :)

Thank you for the time to reflect on my journey and acknowledge for myself how the Love is work on my soul! I hope that you find many inspiring journeys here and others can share a personal example if they so choose on their growth in THE LOVE.

Lots of Love and Great Big Hug - along with no editing for spelling errors or grammatical corrections!!
Maureen
Audley
Happy Camper

Post by Audley »

Thank you Maureen for your post and sharing your personal experience regarding the "self-love aspect" and it's possible hindrance of obtaining The Love.

I can identify with the question of Worthiness. For me ---- always Guilty.

My Hope is to come to that place through Our Beloveds Divine Love

" the deeper I can love and accept myself, I too, accept and love others"

I dont understand everything but know i yearn for that Love, Divine , that all things come into Divine Being through this Love, but I need to walk the walk, before i talk the talk.

Need to reflect more on what you have said, it resonates within

Hope to hear more on this.

Audley
Maureen
Site Admin

Post by Maureen »

Morning Audley!

Walking the walk - I love that. Truly, that is what we are called to do. Each of us in our own unique way continue to make the space for the quiet time when we can long for the love. It really is very simple - we just need to DO IT and all else will be shown to us.

Coming out of the mind set and falling into the heart set is a beautiful gift that is available as a result of continuing to practise.
The practise causes the affect - as we continue to practise the heart can become the element from which one can walk opposed to the mind . At least, this is my awakening experience. I am a practical person and long for the experiences. Im not the one to be able to quote any verse from the bible or point out a specific page from any of the volumes, yet, I know what is happening from within and that I can talk a blue streak about.

Befriend the soul - befriend the Creator - make it the most open, honest, vulnerable relationship. Bring it all and lay it down before Him - its truly amazing the comfort and hope that one can be washed clean with my deeply expressing what is within.

I love hearing others stories as to how the LOVE is working on their soul - their development, this is very inspiring and ignites a yearning to GET BUSY WITH IT.

Wishing everyone a really lovely day,
Lots of Love,
Maureen
Audley
Happy Camper

Post by Audley »

Thank you Maureen, i particularly liked what you said here :the heart can become the element from which one can walk opposed to the mind .

Divine Love is all that I AM ---this is the target, surrendering into the arms of my Beloved without fear

It's a beautiful day in Victoria, BC

Hugs, Audley
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear Maureen,

Thanks for your post! It beautifully captures the choice we face daily, whether to take time to "make space for the quiet time in which we can long for the Love". This is the practise that invites the Love into our souls, that activates our soul development, that results in cleansing of all the unloving conditions we are willing to yield to the transformative power of Love.

I totally love what you say here: "Befriend the soul - befriend the Creator - make it the most open, honest, vulnerable relationship. Bring it all and lay it down before Him - its truly amazing the comfort and hope that one can be washed clean with my deeply expressing what is within." You express so perfectly what I strive to do in my prayer life.

Audley, when you write "Divine Love is all that I AM" I wonder what you mean? To my understanding, while my soul is the spiritual essence of me that knows and can long for the Love, it is not fully the Love. I believe I must long for and grow in receipt of the Love, that the pace of its entry to my soul is a function of my readiness and the Creator's Wisdom as to what is best for me.

I am interested in what your ideas are about the soul, Audley? And what others may believe about our soul's relationship with the Love?

Thanks for the ongoing discussion which I am finding so valuable!
Love,
Terry
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear Audley,

I have just discovered a message posted on the website of the Foundation Church of the Divine Truth dated February 4, 1988, entitled, "Jesus' Birth and Mission" channeled by Dr. Dave Lampron, with a section that speaks to your question "what is the soul" and also addresses the relationship of one's soul to Divine Love. It is so relevant to this discussion that I hope you will take the time to search it out and read it, especially the 8th paragraph (I think it is).
The link is http://www.fcdt.org/messages/dl_jesusbi ... ission.htm

Please let me know what your thoughts are when you do read this. Thanks!

with love,
Terry