My testimony so far...

Please introduce yourself here
gildaholy
New Friend

Re: My testimony so far...

Post by gildaholy »

GeorgeA wrote:Hi All,
Jeanne and Al asked if I could tell my story of how I came out of an evangelical fundamentalist
church to finding out about the divine love. I always like sharing about this.
I'll just mention the main points. I grew up within the apostolic Nazarene church which was
and offshoot of the Mennonite church. Around the mid 1990's the teaching of eternal torment
really started to bother me and it didn't seem right, but I thought that might be "satan" trying
to trick me. Even so, I started doing my own research and found that for the first 300 years after
Christ the majority of christians believed in universal salvation, but I still thought they may have
been deceived. It wasn't until I came across an article written by a certain christian proving with
scripture how eternal torment could not be true that I had what I now know was an in-flowing
of the divine love, in early 1997. Before I finished reading the article a huge wave of heavenly love
poured into me and overwhelmed me with what I knew was God's love. Before that time I never thought
people could ever feel such love which was definitely not of this world. I tried to tell my church friends
about it, but was later asked to leave since to them I was deceived by the devil. I wished there was
some way to prove the utter shocking joy and love that I felt from that experience which lasted
a few hours. I was on the verge of crying and it was like having one of those near-death experiences
only without the journey to heaven and back.
Sadly at the time I did not know that what I experienced was what Jesus meant by starting being born again
and I thought this was just a one time thing.
In Jan. 2000 about a month after my father's funeral he suddenly appeared to me while I was on the
computer and told me telepathically "now I know what you were trying to tell me, keep telling others"
He looked much younger than 71, but I could also see that he was going through serious pain and regret
because of the harsh way that he treated people. He was afraid of dying and at times I would try to
reassure him that God is love and that there is nothing to fear.
I kept searching and around 2005 came across the Padgett messages and right away felt in my heart and
mind that this was the original Gospel according to Jesus and God. Never before did any of the very many
channeled messages from all sorts of groups make as much sense as these did. And so one by one all the
false teachings that I grew up with fell away...the trinity, the blood atonement, virgin birth, original sin,
the unpardonable sin, double predestination, accepting Jesus as lord and savior, baptism, communion,
eternal hell-fire, the second coming massacre, the rapture, reincarnation(which I believed in for a short
time), and lesser teachings. I have a huge problem with procrastination which is why
only recently with the encouragement of people on this forum have I started to seriously pray for the DL
and have started to experience just the tip of the tip of the iceberg. I now know it all depends on how
badly you want to become the new you and how badly you want to end the despair, agony, emptiness,
and lack of purpose in your life. Its about how much a person really wants healing of the human condition
and wanting to help transform this sin sick world.
hugs to all here :D
Hi George, thank you so much for sharing your testimony thus far and your experiences. You are giving me the courage to share my story thus far as well......I love your testimony!
Eva
Family

Re: My testimony so far...

Post by Eva »

Hello George,

I echo the others who have commented that they were inspired by your testimony. It is always interesting and inspiring to hear how each of us were led to God and Truth. May our loving efforts and example help as many as possible of others to find the Divine Love path and encourage them along the way.

George, I was interested to learn that you come from Serbia, as my country of birth is Czech Republic -- though I live in Australia now.

Love and blessings to all.
Eva