My testimony so far...

Please introduce yourself here
GeorgeA
Happy Camper

My testimony so far...

Post by GeorgeA »

Hi All,
Jeanne and Al asked if I could tell my story of how I came out of an evangelical fundamentalist
church to finding out about the divine love. I always like sharing about this.
I'll just mention the main points. I grew up within the apostolic Nazarene church which was
and offshoot of the Mennonite church. Around the mid 1990's the teaching of eternal torment
really started to bother me and it didn't seem right, but I thought that might be "satan" trying
to trick me. Even so, I started doing my own research and found that for the first 300 years after
Christ the majority of christians believed in universal salvation, but I still thought they may have
been deceived. It wasn't until I came across an article written by a certain christian proving with
scripture how eternal torment could not be true that I had what I now know was an in-flowing
of the divine love, in early 1997. Before I finished reading the article a huge wave of heavenly love
poured into me and overwhelmed me with what I knew was God's love. Before that time I never thought
people could ever feel such love which was definitely not of this world. I tried to tell my church friends
about it, but was later asked to leave since to them I was deceived by the devil. I wished there was
some way to prove the utter shocking joy and love that I felt from that experience which lasted
a few hours. I was on the verge of crying and it was like having one of those near-death experiences
only without the journey to heaven and back.
Sadly at the time I did not know that what I experienced was what Jesus meant by starting being born again
and I thought this was just a one time thing.
In Jan. 2000 about a month after my father's funeral he suddenly appeared to me while I was on the
computer and told me telepathically "now I know what you were trying to tell me, keep telling others"
He looked much younger than 71, but I could also see that he was going through serious pain and regret
because of the harsh way that he treated people. He was afraid of dying and at times I would try to
reassure him that God is love and that there is nothing to fear.
I kept searching and around 2005 came across the Padgett messages and right away felt in my heart and
mind that this was the original Gospel according to Jesus and God. Never before did any of the very many
channeled messages from all sorts of groups make as much sense as these did. And so one by one all the
false teachings that I grew up with fell away...the trinity, the blood atonement, virgin birth, original sin,
the unpardonable sin, double predestination, accepting Jesus as lord and savior, baptism, communion,
eternal hell-fire, the second coming massacre, the rapture, reincarnation(which I believed in for a short
time), and lesser teachings. I have a huge problem with procrastination which is why
only recently with the encouragement of people on this forum have I started to seriously pray for the DL
and have started to experience just the tip of the tip of the iceberg. I now know it all depends on how
badly you want to become the new you and how badly you want to end the despair, agony, emptiness,
and lack of purpose in your life. Its about how much a person really wants healing of the human condition
and wanting to help transform this sin sick world.
hugs to all here :D
jeanne
Family

Re: My testimony so far...

Post by jeanne »

Good morning, George, from the West Coast of Canada! So happy to know you are now in Toronto, Canada and on your way to pray with us here in Gibsons! I'm still pinching myself that you're travelling here all the way from Belgrade! That doesn't sound like procrastination to me at all! :P

I believe your trip will be blessed and worth the effort you are making to join our circle! There is always an increased loving and healing condition when a group gathers together for the single purpose to pray for an inflowing of God's Love. Last night, for example, there were 15 of us gathered in West Vancouver at Barb & Terry's and the loving condition and healing was palpable for us all. We received messages from Jesus, Confucius, Augustine, Alec and Goldie which we will post on this site as soon as they are transcribed. Spirit acknowledged how much stress everyone in the circle has been under because of the conditions we live in on this earth plane and encouraged us, as always, to keep praying for Divine Love to help us find our way, the insight and strength to deal with our challenges. We are so richly blessed here, having mutual support of others on the Divine Path and the wonderful legacy we enjoy from bright and beautiful souls who dedicated their lives to this path since the l950's.

Thank you for sharing how you came to receive Divine Love and as I read your testimony, an angel overshadowed me and I felt a wave of that beautiful love going out to you!

God Bless you George! See you soon! Love always, always love, Jeanne :D
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you George for telling us some of your history. I wish that every orthodox and born again Christian would read this story and open themselves up to the possibility of it being the truth. How the mind locks down its beliefs and stubbornly holds on to what it thinks is so dear. You are a brave man George and your testimony speaks of someone with deep integrity. I too look forward to hosting you here and getting to know you better. A brother indeed in the Love. What a pleasure it is to meet another soul who yearns to receive the Love and every time those of us who share this truth come together, we increase our faith in the veracity of this truth and I know that God smiles when this happens. You are welcome here with open arms and welcome in my home as anyone who sincerely believes in this truth is. May you find comfort in both places my friend and feel at home. Much love to you.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Hi George,

Thank you for telling us your story. I enjoyed reading about how you came from an evangelical fundamentalist church and eventually discovered the Truth of God’s Love. There must have been something inside of you that was guiding you to search beyond the confines of the beliefs that you grew up in. It’s a very rare thing to question what we are taught and allow our souls to be guided to higher truths. I loved your description of receiving a large dose of Love after reading the article that used scripture to prove in the false belief of eternal torment. I believe while reading this article your Love for God expanded and His Love filled your growing soul as your soul’s senses became more aware of His presence and immense Love for you. You said your father came to you telepathically to inform you that he understands now what you were trying to tell him. I can imagine that he is likely a Divine Angel now since this Love accelerates the healing process. It’s wonderful to have you here to join with us as we explore these Truths, pray for Gods healing Love and Peace and strengthen our bonds that will help to bring light and Love to the sickness of this world. I’m so glad you will be going to see Al, Jeanne and many others on the Divine Love Coast this month. Your light brings more light to this growing family and we are eternally blessed to have you with us.

With Love and hugs,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Dear George,

Welcome and thank you for what you share of your spiritual journey! Barb and I look forward to traveling with you to the prayer at Al and Jeanne's. Please email me privately so we can coordinate travel plans.

I strongly relate to your procrastination in praying for the Love even though you received such powerful evidence of that Love. With all the blessings I receive daily, I catch myself perpetuating habits of mind that keep me stuck and disconnected from what I know is true, from the help I could receive through prayer.

There is great wisdom in your concluding remarks . . .

"I now know it all depends on how badly you want to become the new you and how badly you want to end the despair, agony, emptiness, and lack of purpose in your life. Its about how much a person really wants healing of the human condition and wanting to help transform this sin sick world."

I look forward to getting to know you George, and to talking about how we deal with the tension between our conditioned selves and our soul yearnings. It is an enormous challenge that we all face, how to deal with the the inner and outer forces that block our free will choice to seek/be the Love. Even more, I look forward to praying with you, as that is the answer to all dilemnas, all questions!

Safe travels! Hugs to you!
Terry xxxooo
brother dave k.
Family

Post by brother dave k. »

Dear George, thank you so much for telling your story of the New Birth of soul that you have experienced. i have experienced the great power of the sharing of one's own experience, strength and hope by expressing what we were like, what happened and what we are like now, both in the sharing of my own and in the sharing of others (i have heard more than a thousand or so of such stories of spiritual progress, though only a few that involve the Divine Love experience.
GeorgeA
Happy Camper

Post by GeorgeA »

Thanks people for all the insight and support.
I forgot to mention that when I initially had that in-flowing of
divine love I felt something like very alive cool fresh water rising up from
my stomach and I looked down to see what it was, but of course
could not see anything. I instantly then remembered that in
the gospel of John ch.7 Jesus said that if you believe, as the scriptures
say, rivers of living water will rise up from your belly.
:)
Lets continue praying for Al and Jeanne's son that on Nov.5
the parole board makes the decision to release him.
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hello George,

Thank you for sharing a bit of your story here. I'm a recovering Roman Catholic, who has been on this path for just a little over two years. However, as you mentioned in your post, it depends how badly someone wants to change or wants the knowledge of the Truths!

It looks like our paths may cross sooner rather than later as my lady friend, Suzie, and I intend to be in Vancouver the same time as you. Looking forward to meeting you and hearing more about your journey on The Divine Path!

Love and hugs, from Southern California,

Dennis
PS. We too will be doubling our prayers for Eric this week!!
Marga M.
Family

Post by Marga M. »

Dear George,

Thank you so very much for being brave enough to post your testimony here on the DLSF. Welcome, welcome, welcome. Your journey sounds so much like mine. And I'm glad that you found an article a person wrote with scriptures to back up his claims that what we'd been taught about eternal damnation was not true. Because that is the beginning of waking up process. Our heavenly Father is tried of tradition and has been helping others develop a hunger and thirst to seek for themselves. Once your journey begins it makes it easier for you to accept the truths that are found in TGRA that Jesus and other Celestial Angels labored for many years to bring these truths to the 20th Century through Mr. James E. Padgett, you can see the pieces of the puzzle finaly coming together.
"...when I initially had that in-flowing of divine love I felt something like very alive cool fresh water rising up from
my stomach and I looked down to see what it was, but of course could not see anything. I instantly then remembered that in the gospel of John ch.7 Jesus said that if you believe, as the scriptures say, rivers of living water will rise up from your belly."
Yes, your experience also goes back to what Jesus was talking about to the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well:

"...If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water." (John 4:10 RSV) and he continued:

"Every one who drinks of this water [from the earthly well they were at] will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst; the water that I shall give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:13-14 RSV)

The Holy Spirit truly brings the living waters (Divine Love) into your soul, and it's such a awesome experience that it is undeniable proof that you've been born again like what Jesus was talking to Nicodemus about. Additionally, in TGRA Jesus called this experience the "Pentecostal Shower" that his disciples received in great abundance on the Day of Pentecost. Some people experience this as a warmth or burning in the chest area, but it is a very individual experience -- so please don't let anyone make you think it only has to be ONE way. Yes, you may get the warmth in that heart region too as your get more Divine Love. However, it is as the "Spirit" wills! :D

Your sister in Christ,

Marga
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thank you George for this moving testimony. May we all drink of those living waters. May these waters be so abundant that we may feel totally immersed and drink our fill. That ocean of God's Love is ever waiting for us and my we all swim together in this living body feeling alive and rejuvenated. God bless you George , may you be a strong swimmer and drink deeply my brother. Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.