Howdy All!

Please introduce yourself here
Tim

Howdy All!

Post by Tim »

Howdy All!

I’m Tim, writing to you from Minnesota. I’m the same person who occasionally writes as TimJ on Geoff’s forum. It's tough for me to talk about myself, but here goes.

How did I get here? Well, following Joseph’s lead, I’m a heretic. It’s hard to define exactly when that became true. I had transitioned from Catholic to Agnostic to Born-Again Christian to where I am today. I’ve got a few more years to go before I can rightfully say that I’ve been a Divine Love (DL) follower longer than any other belief I’ve held, but I can’t say I’ve ever held any others with greater certainty.

I was content with my beliefs. They served me for years. I had no cause to question them. Then, 9/11 happened. I wanted to understand religious fundamentalism, and so I heavily researched the beliefs of other cultures of this world. While I focused on what I perceived to be wrong with them, something inside me said “question your own”. I did question my own, and with every answer, a new mystery was created.

One mystery I researched deeply was spirit communication. The Bible was full of it, but the church seemed to widely reject it. I had seen John Edward perform some convincing public readings on the Sci-Fi channel. How could this stuff have any grain of truth in it? I had to prove to myself that this phenomenon was fictional nonsense, as most seemingly intelligent people simply dismissed it as such. It wasn’t simple and I got mired in it. For every bad example I could easily refute, I found a handful that I couldn’t. It was a deep rabbit hole.

While digging one day, I found a message on a strange web site full of people talking about love a lot (flags go up here) from someone professing to be Jesus of the Bible (yeah, right!), who wrote about Soul and what it is. I couldn’t seem to ignore it, but clearly, there was a blasphemous message of salvation there. In other messages there, he said there was no power in the blood of Christ! What!?! It was written with such confidence that it was too much for me. I couldn’t take any more, so I moved on.

I don’t know how long it was before I returned. Despite the things I couldn’t agree with, I wanted to read more about what this version of Jesus had to say regarding Soul and other, related things. Now I wanted to know more about James Padgett and how any of his messages could possibly be anything more than his own imagination or sub-conscious scribbling. How could one man be the source for so much wisdom?

The testimony of his friend, Leslie, caused me to research automatic writing in greater depth. I wanted to know what it was, how it worked, and how it differed from other methods of mediumship. I discovered Stainton Moses, Andrew Jackson Davis and other prophetic writers like him. Once I was satisfied that automatic writing was often reliable, I was intrigued with this version of Jesus and how he implored James to question his existing beliefs, pray directly to God in a certain manner and often so that rapport could be improved. I then “experimented” with “The Prayer” during quiet times.

Since the day I found the messages about Divine Love that were relayed by James Padgett I’ve never stopped looking. It seems that no matter how far away my research into the big questions of the universe takes me, I hold to the simplicity of directly connecting to my Father, God, the all-source, the first-cause, the Greatest Soul and ask to receive this greatest of gifts.

Hmm, that’s a bit more than I originally intended.

Thanks for the forum, Al! I’m not sure why I didn’t find my way here earlier, but so it goes.

Well, love and blessings to you all and I hope you’re having a great day, wherever you are!
Tim
Joseph
Family

Re: Howdy All!

Post by Joseph »

Welcome and howdy to you, Tim.

I am only responding now with a brief welcome, as I must get myself ready to transport my daughter to school. Absolutely enjoyed your message; quite a trip you have had and very realistic, with a loud ring of truth. So happy to meet you, and looking forward to getting to know you better.

Cheers and see ya later alligator. :D

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Hi Tim ! My, what a great introduction! I just love reading about other's experiences and some of what you wrote rung true with me as I searched. A heart felt welcome to you! and I am eager to learn more of your experiences. Where in Minnesota do you live? I spent 10+ wonderful years there .... just outside of Rochester. My sons mostly grew up there .... my youngest lives in Apple Valley. Love and Blessings, Kristy
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Tim and good morning from the west coast of Canada!

Thank you for sharing your interesting journey and how you came to find your way here! Welcome! Yours is a fascinating journey and I'm sure you have had many spiritual insights and challenges along the way....which I hope you will share with us as opportunities for such discussion arise.

Have you considered attending the 100th anniversary retreat in Washington, D.C. next month! This kind of opportunity comes up only once every 100 years and you won't want to miss it! I promise you the keynote presentation about the life of James and Helen Padgett will be of great interest, and the intensity of praying for Divine Love with others has the potential to magnify one's experience to ever deeper glorious heights! :lol: You will meet many diverse seekers from around the world. Hope you can come!

Again many thanks for sharing your story; I hope you will come back and visit us often to share inspiration and mutual support. Loving wishes on your journey! Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks Tim for taking up my invitation and I'm sure glad that I made it as your story was a treat to read. Well written too! You obviously demonstrated a great tenacity and willingness to go beyond your comfort zone in order to find out the truth on your spiritual search.

Spirit communication can be a big draw and a big stumbling block. The truths as laid out in Padgett are demonstrably true and engage one in the process of opening up soul awareness as you follow the map presented in these writings. This is the touchstone to our faith much as the bible is for others. Added to that are contemporary messages which compliment the teachings in TGRA but not always. Here lies the rub as we try to discern the truth through different channels. For some, this becomes more important than the real focus of this journey which is praying for and receiving the Divine Love. But spirit communication is fascinating and there is certainly a lot of it out there if you know where to look. As you have found out, some of it is pure gold while others are not worth the paper its printed on. Always use your discernment my friend and remember that the real relationship is your soul to God's soul.

Sorry to lecture you here and as a medium myself, it sounds a bit contradictory( if not ironic :? ). I want to extend a very warm welcome to this small but vocal spiritual family as we join together in our pursuit of God's wonderful Love. I think that you will have the opportunity to have some very stimulating conversations on this forum. Most of us seem to have lots to say and are eager to hear what others are thinking, doing and experiencing. This journey is quite a trip 8-) . God bless you brother and welcome.............Al

PS: we now have three Tims in our family. Irish Tim, San Francisco Tim and now Minnesota Tim. All very different I'm sure......a mixed bag of Tims :)
Endless journey,endless Love.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Joseph,

I’ve been enjoying your blog, especially your talks on video. I’m really glad you decided to move forward with that.

Kristy,

Well, thanks! I’m just NW of Minneapolis. I’ve never lived in another state and although I keep telling myself I should consider it (winter is always coming), with so much family here, I probably won’t. I’m not sure what else I can say about my experiences other than it sure can be tough at times to have beliefs that no one else around you does. Yeah for the Internet!

Jeanne,

Thanks and I’ll try to lurk a little less. Yeah, I’ve always considered the meetings whenever I see them. I’m hoping later in life I’ll be able to make that happen, but for now, remote will have to do.

Al,

Things of the Spirit World have been a constant research topic of mine for years and I greatly enjoy reading accounts from the many, many sources of recorded mediumship of different kinds and perspectives. Of course, I forget more than I know about it, but I have a “collection” mentality that drives me to find more and continue the mosaic I started. I blame Geoff! As always, individual discernment is key.

No worries. Thanks for the (formal) welcome!

Speaking of Tims, when I registered, I added myself as “Tim”, but with three of us, maybe I should change my user to “TimJ” if that helps. I’ll follow your lead there.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

I think TimJ is a good idea! (Especially if TimF and TimO will follow suit! or maybe TimMinn, TimCal and TimmyO?!) ;)

Yes thank heaven for the internet....and maybe you can join in prayer during the same times we will be praying together in Washington.

We have a global network who prays with us regularly and some of the reports coming out of these experiences are amazing! Especially folks joining in via spirit bodies -- astral travelling! We have seen them here while their bodies are fast asleep in their own beds, in far distant places around the planet! :P

Want to try another experiment?

Have an awesome weekend. Are you going to give away your age, family, work details?! :) Some more context you feel comfortable in sharing ? Thanks for considering, Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hello Tim, and welcome to the forum.

I enjoyed reading your introduction, and thank you for sharing it with us. Like Kristy, I too enjoy reading how others came to this Path. I am also a recovering Roman Catholic :lol:, and my search for the Truths came after I had an experience with a non-divine love medium. In that reading, I received the most loving message from my grandmother that it literally changed the direction of my life. However, like you, I was not willing to accept all the spirit communication outright. I wanted PROOF!

Eventually, my search ended with my finding of the Padgett Messages a couple of years ago, but even then, as an attorney I wanted to see the evidence. I began to study the messages, having read all the published and unpublished messages that I could get my hands on. However, reading them was not enough. I wanted to know if these so-to-speak characters writing from spirit ever really existed on this earth. Boy was I surprised as the research of Suzie (my lovely girlfriend) and I turned up some wonderful details of the various people who wrote through James Padgett, including Helen, their children, friends and business associates.

It's been a wonderful two years, and it would probably not have happened for me had I not stumbled upon this forum. Al and Jeanne were gracious enough to share their stories with us, even inviting us to visit them on the West Coast of Canada. I know Jeanne invited you to join us in Washington D.C., and I do hope you give it some prayerful thought. I am brimming with fresh details of the life of the Padgett's, and I cannot wait to share with everyone at the conference.

I wrote a little bit longer than I intended to write, but your intro was so interesting I felt compelled to respond so. A big, warm Southern California welcome to you Tim, and I look forward to hearing from you and reading your posts.

Love and hugs,
Dennis
Terry Adler
Family

Post by Terry Adler »

Welcome Minnesota Tim!
I loved reading your introduction; you have a searching mind, ask great questions, and are willing to risk exploring "new territory". I am happy your search has led you to this forum! I have found it a great place for inspiration, for showing me multiple points of view and different understandings of the same topic, that stimulate my thinking and bring me to greater clarity about many things.

Hope you will find time to read past threads and perhaps revitalize some of them with your "take" on issues. I would be very interested in your perspective and your continued experiences as you deepen your relationship with our Creator.

I have been praying for Divine Love since the late '70's as part of the prayer circle here in Vancouver, but it has been within the past two years that I have focused even more earnestly on prayer, on "growing my soul" and on clearing conditions I carry that are not in harmony with the Love. This forum, all the conversations on it, the glimpses people who post give of their journey, are a marvellous resource for me that supports my spiritual focus, helps me clarify my understandings and supports me in maintaining my singleness of purpose (to grow as a channel of Love). So, thank you for deciding to become part of this spiritual community that I find so nourishing!

Love,
Terry
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

Hi Tim,

A very warm welcome to you. Minnesota is beautiful country, my mother moved from Wyoming to Leroy Minnesota about five years ago. She really likes it but is still trying to adjust to the humidity. I lived in Wisconsin for a while and loved all the green vegetation which is absent in the places I grew up which were much more arid. Like you, I became very interested in the spiritual world after watching shows like John Edwards. Little does he know that he has helped you, myself and I imagine many others onto this path of Divine Love. Maybe someday he will be guided to this Greatest Gift and will be able to tune into the highest of spirits as his soul opens up to God’s Grace and Love. I enjoyed reading your spiritual journey. It may be possible that you had received Divine Love before you were made aware of its existence. One of its greatest qualities is that it causes us to question beliefs that we have held as true and gave us comfort but later after the fermentation of this Love takes place these beliefs begin to loose hold and we open ourselves up to new thoughts and ways of thinking that before we would not have considered. When we look back at our old beliefs they no longer serve us and we feel the coldness within. It’s like stepping out of a comfortable pool and into a warm sauna than back into the pool that now feels cold and uninviting. I really liked what you said about holding to the simplicity of going to The Great Soul for His Love and directly connecting with Him. He is the source of all truth and will always keep us close and connect with us in our own unique way. We are very happy to have you here with us and thank you for introducing yourself and giving us such a wonderfully descriptive walk with you as you recounted your spiritual journey. I look forward to sharing this journey with you and hopefully meeting someday, but until then we can always meet in spirit as we pray with Jeanne and Al and this beautiful family while walking with love and guided with light into our Father’s eternal embrace.

Love and hugs,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey