Howdy All!

Please introduce yourself here
TimJ
Happy Camper

Re: Howdy All!

Post by TimJ »

Hi again all!

Sorry for the reply delay and thanks for the welcomes all around!

Jeanne, I have a great interest in it, even experimented with it, but the closest I’ve come to recalling an OBE was an involuntary session of bumping against my bedroom ceiling. :D Regardless, if you post the prayer times and/or direct me to them, I’ll make an honest attempt to set time aside for it.

I’m currently in my mid-forties. I live here with my wife and two girls aged 9 and 11. They’re all aware of my beliefs and they tolerate me when I speak up about them.

I’ve worked for Internet-related companies for about 20 years now in various support roles. I have a friend at work that I often talk to about spirit(ual)-related things. We love to talk about the wonder of God’s creation in the small and large things. Still, he’s rooted in my old beliefs (he’s been witness to some of my internal conflict along the way) and we’ve continued on, respectful of how we each view what’s happening around us.

Dennis, Very glad to see you found your way here too! As I’ve said all along, I highly doubt any of us simply stumbled upon this information. A little bit of influence seems to go a long way. Even then, stumbling wouldn’t make it stick.

I did a bit of digging on James P a while back too, mostly whatever I could encounter in public records. Enough to conclude he was who he said he was and lived when/where he said he lived. Sadly, I don’t often retain notes on that sort of thing and I was sure that info wasn’t anything new. Whenever someone exposes their reputation to follow his/her ideals, it tends to gather my interest and I was definitely interested.

I won’t be attending the conference, but I’m always eager to hear about what’s been found. I hope you’ll be able to share it post-event.

You’ve probably come across him in your searches, but an attorney from Australia, Victor Zammit (victorzammit.com), has a weekly newsletter that has often broadened my horizons. He and his wife Wendy have often been witness to physical mediumship and are strong supporters of things of Spirit. While he’s not DL-centric, he clearly loves God and I think he’s a great resource and jump point.

Terry, Good to meet you! Yeah, I’ll go through some of the threads and comment where I see fit. I hear you on focus and I’m no stranger to the lack of it. So many distractions, sensations and pastimes! :D

David, John’s a wonder. I’ve followed his course for a while now and always enjoy what he has to say. He’s certainly helped a lot of souls find peace. He’s a really busy guy now, but still appears humble as ever. I hope he continues to do well.

Sure, it’s possible I was basking in the Love before I found Padgett’s messages as many of us do. It’s hard to say how I really viewed things back then, but I don’t think I ever held Jesus (the son) higher than Father, rather a gatekeeper or filter of sorts who facilitated direct communication. It’s certainly a confusing perspective to me now and despite a lot of things I couldn’t take at face-value, I just moved right along with it nonetheless, until I couldn’t anymore.

Al, I wasn't sure if it was an easy admin task to change a username, but moved forward with creating a new one anyway. I'll use TimJ from here, so you're welcome to either remove the "Tim" user if it helps.

Love to all of you, and great talkin’
Tim
dmreed2
Family

Re: Howdy All!

Post by dmreed2 »

Thank you Tim for sharing more of your thoughts and spiritual journey with us. I haven’t had an OBE either unless the first time I knew for sure that Divine Love was for real it was like an OBE for me and solidified my belief in His Love.
That’s great that you have a friend at work that you can talk about spiritual related things. Even though as you said he is still rooted in your old beliefs, his soul may not be so rooted and the seed has likely begun to grow. In time especially as he watches you grow in God’s Love His soul will also expand in its awareness and one day he will let go of those old ways of thinking because they will no longer suit him.

It’s interesting how we approach the Padgett messages in both similar and different ways. While you investigated who he was to be sure he was a real person, others read the messages and get their validation from their content. I would say I fall into the second group but each way is equally viable and fits into each other’s personalities. It’s amazing how God can find a way to get His message of this Great Gift of Love through regardless of what avenue we take just as long as our souls are seeking.

I had not heard of the Layer Victor Zammit’s until you wrote about him here. I’m sure he is and has been a source for many for enlightenment and to think of spiritual things. There are many approaches that finally lead to the Path of Divine Love and no matter how many twist and turns there are it all adds to our growth and will finally lead to the source of all Love.

It’s wonderful having you here and sharing with us and experiencing the Love that He has for us. God bless and may His Love always guide you as you continue on this path of light and love.

with hugs and love,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey