Hello from NYC!

Please introduce yourself here
wooinc8
New Friend

Hello from NYC!

Post by wooinc8 »

Hello everyone!

My name is Hal and I just returned to NYC from the beautiful Sunshine Coast, where I learned much about Divine Love and was profoundly impacted by the love and energy of Al and Jeanne, as well as the many other incredible souls I met.

I run a non profit agency in NYC that is very much currently a grassroots agency that has a global reach - and some global dreams. The agency is a leadership and empowerement agency that give youth a voice and a platform to address issues pertinent to them in creative and impacting ways - we have 10 curriculums we wrote with the youth that are service learning curriculums, a film program, a music program and an incredible fashion program. We are creating a shift in what is possible for youth in the areas of leadership, empowerment, self esteem, school performance and career planning - a shift from disempowerment, differences, and indecision to possibility, acceptance and opportunity. The agency was founded in memory of my aunt - a 9-11 first responder who lost her life a year later from the air she breathed in daily at Ground Zero. We currently have a home at a pre world war 2 built church, that quite frankly looks like it has not been repaired since. Lol. I envision this becoming a global center for leadership - and who knows - maybe one day a divine love retreat destination.

I have had a long journey in discovering my faith and have often felt out of place in my thoughts and feelings. After learning about Divine Love and experiencing the prayer circle I find myself praying for divine love daily - and feeling like perhaps I am not an outcast. This all feels right and my journey is beginning to make more and more sense.

With that said I recognize that I have been blessed often, with a fair balance of some tough challenges along the way, and I have taken these lessons, and the energy of the Coast, back here to NY to continue the work we do. I was blessed to bring some of our leadership programs to Nigeria 2 years ago, and I am working towards bringing 10 of my leaders to Haiti this February. Its a big undertaking but I am praying on that daily as well. I truly want to attend Blackpool and meet you all. I am looking forward to hearing your stories and learning about your journey. Thank you for your committment to a better world and for allowing me to be a part of your forum. See you soon!

In Faith,

Hal
Geoff
Family

Re: Hello from NYC!

Post by Geoff »

Dear Hal,

Welcome, and great to hear of your background and recent experiences in the Gibsons, where heaven meets the earth. Hopefully we can catch up one day, maybe at the 100th anniversary as that wont be far from NYC? But Blackpool will be first, so if you make that, then we will catch up in person.

hugs
Geoff
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Welcome, Hal! Welcome!!

It is wonderful to have you here, dear brother in The Love! thank you for introducing yourself and I hope you will find inspiration and mutual support through this wonderful spiritual community! Especially since you are somewhat isolated on your spiritual path in NYC!

I can't wait to introduce you to Elizabeth - first by email, then in person - in New York - in November! :D
Hopefully you will meet Kristy too!

We have all been inspired by meeting you, praying and playing with you this past week! You were with us in spirit last night at our prayer circle and everyone here in person was still basking in the warm after-glow of the time we spent together! It was, indeed, an amazing week and truly, a Gift from God!

What a wonderful surprise, to have you led to our circle by Kasia! We will always be friends and co-workers, on the Divine Path! Thank you for the wonderful work you are doing. The world needs more men like you - thank you!

Can't wait to see you again in Blackpool! It will be a joyous reunion! And as Geoff said....in Washington, D.C. too! Sept 10- 14! Red circle your calendar now!

Yesterday morning in our prayer, Helge asked to see a bear! And yes! She was blessed on the hike up Soames Hill!
Today we are all going drumming with Christine and Terry! You are with us in spirit!

Everyone here at Gibsons sends you their love! Love always, dear brother! Can't wait for you to share more on this forum!!
Hugs Jeanne xoxo
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
Joseph
Family

Post by Joseph »

Hi Hal,

What a wonderful and welcome surprise this morning to read your introductory post to this forum. Welcome Hal!

After reading your post I went immediately to read information about your WOO organization at your website. I cannot help but wonder how you got from point A to point B, namely, how did you get to BC from NYC? Who first talked to you about Gibsons and Al and Jeanne and what influenced you to make the decision to travel such a long distance to attend a Divine Love happening?

It is a long time since I have been in NYC. I live now in Arizona. I attended a theological school in Manhattan in the early 60s (UTS), where students were encouraged to do weekend field work at a local church in the NYC area. When you mentioned that
We currently have a home at a pre world war 2 built church, that quite frankly looks like it has not been repaired since. Lol.
I had to laugh. I worked in such a place in Yonkers and wonder if the structure remains.

The story of how WOO began and variety and continuing programs amazes me. Your contact with the message of the Divine Love is no accident. It can be a tremendous boost to the already great self-empowering programs WOO is creating for youth in the Queens area of NYC. I look at the Divine Love as the missing ingredient to give the ultimate high and the ultimate self-empowering boost every human needs --- straight from the Creator.

What a great blessing to me this morning to read your post, Hal. Thank you for introducing yourself.

With love and a hug,

Joseph
The time to begin our soul transformation is now
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Yes it was a joy to have you here Hal and to share in your week of discovery and understandings. Much more to come I'm sure as you venture onto this path. Your intense and inquisitive mind reminds me of when I first heard about the Divine Love. I hope you experience the joys that await as I did all those years back. Divine Love can be quite a trip 8-) . May God show you the way and light your path. You are in my prayers brother and my thoughts. God bless......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Helge Mercker
Family

Post by Helge Mercker »

Dear Hal,
warm welcome here in our little sanctuary, and it was indeed such a privilege to meet you in person as you have touched my soul and I am looking forward in the many meetings we will have in the future as I see you reaching out to us in Namibia in the wonderful, loving ways and creative work you do. May Father bless you abundantly with His Love and may you be strengthened by It in doing the work of Love. Being with you in prayer, hugs and love, Helge.
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Oh my goodness, Hal ! Leadership and Empowerment are two of my most favorite topics when I think about professional development. Your mission sounds just wonderful! I know we will meet up some time soon, as I live in upstate NY .... up in the 1000 Island region which shares the St. Lawrence Seaway & Lake Ontario water ways with Canada. I am delighted that you have joined our family here and look forward to sharing our experiences as we grow in His Love. Blessings to you, Kristy
Doles
Family

Post by Doles »

Dear Hal,
I wanted to add my public welcome here as well. I believe you'll find this community a welcoming and quite loving one.
With Blessings!
Doles
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hello Hal, and welcome!!

It's nice to have another Divine Love rookie in the fold, so to speak. :lol: :lol: My Suzie and I are just celebrating our first anniversary on the Divine Love path, and we shared an equally blessed weekend at Gibsons thanks to the generous invitation of Jeanne and Al. Without that experience, I do not believe we would have grown as quickly or as deeply on our path. The introduction, or more like an immersion, into a Divine Love prayer circle was absolutely life changing for us.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your work and your experiences, and we hope to meet you soon in Blackpool or Washington D.C.

Love and hugs,
Dennis
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Just wanted to comment on Dennis's post. Only a year? It seems like we are old friends. As I have said before, our place is a gift from God and we are blessed to be able to offer it to those who are drawn to be there. It is indeed a sanctuary not only for us but for many. We are privileged to be custodians of the place and all of you are welcome guests. Come pray with us any time . You are welcome to come as Geoff says, where heaven meets earth :lol: . Much love......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.