Let me introduce myself - from PA, USA

Please introduce yourself here
AFlorentin52
New Friend

Let me introduce myself - from PA, USA

Post by AFlorentin52 »

03/16/2022
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I wrote my story back in mid-March as the date indicates but I couldn't share it then because it felt so personal. I now feel a need to share it to learn more of what's really going on.

I would like to share the story of my search for God. At the time of writing this letter, I will be 70 yrs old in November. I say this to give you an idea how long I’ve been searching for God. I recently had what I would call an OMG experience and I don’t know what to make of it but maybe someone more experienced in these matters can shed some light. I lived my early life in Manila, Philippines. I traveled to the U.S.A. a few years after I graduated from college and currently living in Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

I do not exactly remember the year anymore but it was during my college years that I started to be dissatisfied with some christian church teachings. The church teaches that God is Love, on one hand, and on the other hand that there’s an eternity in hell for those who commit a grave sin and fail to seek salvation in accordance to some church doctrine of salvation.

I could not reconcile this contradictory concepts of God, who is Love, allowing a wayward soul to languish in hell for all eternity for an error committed in a lifetime that’s a blink in the timescale of eternity. This seeming contradiction has put some doubts in the beliefs I held growing up so I started looking for answers outside of the christian church even as I kept attending church services. I searched for answers but I did not lose my anchor, so to speak, and therefore set adrift. I had a vivid dream during the troubled years of my life that kept me anchored.

In this dream, I was walking on my way home when I saw an approaching tornado against a dark sky. So I ran home but by the time I got home there was nothing left of our home except the foundation. I looked up to the sky and asked, “Why?” An answer came back and I clearly and distinctly heard a loving voice say, “I left you a strong foundation to build on.”

I don’t want this letter to get too long so I will skip some details except to mention that I joined the Campus Crusade for awhile, and explored eastern mysticisms, theosophical society tenets and teachings, read books on Hinduism, meditation, yoga, and reincarnation, etc. Reincarnation appealed to me since it's supposed to be a way to work out your karma. It seems to be a way to progress spiritually without getting stuck in hell for eternity. However, there’s this flaw with reincarnation in that it would be difficult to work out your karma if you don't remember the errors you made in previous lives.

Some religious belief systems teaches that God is an “Impersonal Intelligent Force.” But what is the point of progressing spiritually, I ask, if the “Loving Father in Heaven” is replaced in these belief systems by an “Impersonal Intelligent Force.” Is it not the longing of the soul to come home to a Loving Father and not an Impersonal Being?

Most spiritual books I pick up leave a blindspot that cannot be explained because some aspects of any belief system must remain incomprehensible to mere mortals. So my search went on for a long time driven by an unsatisfied longing in my soul.

I already grew up with the belief that man has a soul that survives the death of his physical body. I have been more convinced of this when early on I had what I think are OBEs that I cannot attribute to mere dreams. My memories of the OBEs are at most partial memories meaning that on waking up I remember leaving the body but not much else. For me, the OBE always starts with a high frequency hum that increases in volume then abruptly fades. The hum repeats and occurs in increasing tempo until I feel like I’m starting to float above my body. For me the OBE always ends with a feeling of falling backwards and then returning to consciousness as if waking from a dream. The truth is these events are rare occurrences for me with years in between. But during those times I have OBEs, I either get an intuition concerning my life at the time or they satisfy a longing to visit family and loved ones.

Now back to more recent times. I've read a lot of spiritual books but at this point God has become somewhat a mere intellectual hypothetical concept to me. I retired last 2016 and I was left with not much to do. My wife still works but we get to go on vacations whenever her work permits her to take some time off. After a time, even vacations lost their novelties and so I was getting a tugging feeling to get on with my spiritual quest. More recently, (i.e., late 2020 to early 2022), I started experiencing alternate episodes of boredom and anxiety. During one of these episodes of anxiety, I decided to silently say repeatedly the traditional Lord’s Prayer taught by the church. I repeated the prayer like a mantra to ease my mind every time I feel an episode of anxiety coming on.

One night in early Feb 2022 before I fell asleep, I tried to think about what the words of the Lord’s Prayer actually mean. What is God’s Will that we pray happen “on earth as it is in heaven?” What is the symbolism of the “daily bread?” What does ”Thy kingdom come” mean? I came up with no answer to my questions that night and eventually fell asleep.

The following morning I browsed a book on Kindle. Strangely, there was a reference to Padgett Messages. Had I noticed this on any previous occasions I would have dismissed it as some spiritualistic mediumistic communications from some poor souls pretending to have knowledge of Jesus Christ. This time though I started reading it with more serious intent and the more I read the more I was convinced that it is the real Jesus of Nazareth who is “texting” (using the modern jargon jokingly) thru James Padgett. I read voraciously all 5 volumes of the Padgett Messages in Kindle books and by the 5th volume I was rooting for Padgett to get in rapport with Jesus already so I can read more of Jesus’ messages. I was left wanting for more as I put down the last volume.

The idea of spiritual progression thru the spiritual spheres appeals to me as does the idea of a Loving Father in Heaven Who wants us to be His children and all for the simple price of asking for and inevitably receiving God’s Divine Love. So I took on the challenge and prayed the Prayer that Jesus “texted” thru Padgett on Dec 2, 1916. I prayed for about a week without really expecting much to happen.

As I was about to fall asleep one night on the last weekend of Feb-2022, I thought to myself that all I need to do was yearn for Divine Love. Hmm, not really so simple on second thought. I don’t know how I would define human love let alone Divine Love so how do I yearn for something I don’t even fully understand? I suddenly got the idea that I need to come to the Father in Heaven stripped of all biases and earthly thoughts and expectations and, with the innocence of a child, raise my arms and beg to be lifted into His Arms of Love. This was my last thought as I fell asleep.

I woke up in the middle of that night and the clock indicated it was 3:16 am. I prayed the Prayer and at the end of the Prayer as I closed my eyes to go back to sleep I felt the familiar high frequency hum that to me indicated a oncoming OBE. Instead of leaving my body, though, I became aware of a wispy white light swirling in front of me inspite of my eyes being closed. I was startled to hear what sounded like a violin playing a single sustained note increasing in intensity sounding much like an intense supplication before I realized that it was coming from me. I must’ve cried out a wordless prayer but not physically. I would like to think that, maybe, my soul cried out in ever increasing intensity until I could not cry out any louder. In all suddenness, from a pinpoint of light a supernova burst engulfing me in blinding light. My whole body tingled, then trembled until every cell of my body vibrated.

It was such a joyous feeling I didn’t want it to end. As the feeling started to slowly fade, I wondered to myself if I will remember this as being just another dream, perhaps, a one-time delusion and not a reality that has any chance of ever happening again. Before I could finish that thought, it happened again with the same intensity. The blinding light completely bathed me and lingered for some time before the light finally faded. Well, I guess my question was answered as to the Reality of what just happened. I slowly opened my eyes without an awareness of waking up as if the event happened with me fully awake but with eyes closed. My whole body still tingled as I lay in bed fully awake now and eyes wide open wondering what just happened. It left me with a feeling of indescribable joy.

The following morning I told my wife what happened to me that night. I told her, “You won’t believe what happened to me but I just had an OMG experience last night.” I proceeded to describe to her what happened but words failed me. If the joyous peace I felt after the event hints of what Divine Love might be like then I don’t need a definition of Love because experiencing Divine Love makes it all the more Real. The feeling of joy was beyond words. How can I not yearn for more?

My reality is being turned inside out. Physical reality seemingly is becoming less real while it’s becoming more evident that there’s a Reality that I cannot yet perceive but know is there. Now I pray and beg and yearn for Divine Love from our Loving and Merciful Father in Heaven.

I’d like to ask before I end, "What did happen?"

Since then, I've read "Judas Kerioth", the "Contemporary Messages from Jesus", other messages from Celestial Guides, etc. In both cases after reading Padgett's Messages and Judas Kerioth, I feel wanting more. Kudos to Geoff Cutler for a job well done compiling the PM and JK books and maintaining the New-Birth website. Truly works of Divine Love.

What follows next?

Your brother in Christ,
Angel F.
Geoff
Family

Re: Let me introduce myself - from PA, USA

Post by Geoff »

Dear Angel F

Firstly I apologise for neglecting my "duties" here for several days. I had to drop everything to finish a major renovation project so it could get rented out.
In this dream, I was walking on my way home when I saw an approaching tornado against a dark sky. So I ran home but by the time I got home there was nothing left of our home except the foundation. I looked up to the sky and asked, “Why?” An answer came back and I clearly and distinctly heard a loving voice say, “I left you a strong foundation to build on.”
I LOVE that!!! Of course to me it screamed - the SOUL.

It is so good to see you here, and you have had a truly fabulous journey. This board is rather quiet, so I will explain where everyone went except a few of us. They went to FaceBook, a medium I despise (ie the format of FB). But I will give you the link:

Divine Love Sanctuary on FB

Next I should point out that my web site (new-birth.net) now is lagging on a lot of material from Jesus in particular, and several activities we are active in. This is the "new site" hosting current communications (last ten plus years) from Al Fike and Jimbeau Walsh : Soultruth.ca

I send out the very latest communications, typically ten a week, from this page where you can sign up: Current content from SoulTruth.ca

By the way I am not sure which Kindle you found us off, but I made a practice over 10 years ago to get around the issues with google not favouring my site by publishing Kindles and referencing my site whenever I found a need to explain something in those books. Seems it worked? Well that's if you had one of my kindles of which I have about 30 titles.

There are a huge number of on-line activities, and you should get yourself on Jeanne's Fike's reminder emails. I will bring this post to her attention.

Finally, I can retrieve your email off this board, if you are ok with me giving that to Jeanne Fike to be able to send you the activities.

hugs
Geoff from Australia.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

I have not heard back from you re my various suggestions, but I finally discovered that if anyone wants to get the weekly update of WHATS ON, in Divine Love Circles, its necessary to sign up here:

At the very bottom of the first page on https://divinelovesanctuary.com you will see

SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE CELESTIAL MESSAGES

Email address:

If you add it there, you will get BOTH some messages and weekly updates.
AFlorentin52
New Friend

Post by AFlorentin52 »

Hello Geoff,

I might have replied to your suggestions by direct email instead of posting here. Anyway I just want to confirm that I did sign up for the weekly updates as you suggested. I am getting some contents from you by email and I thank you. I'm still catching up on messages from past years and I'm currently on year 2017. It takes me a little over 2 weeks to read and digest a year worth of messages. I continue to pray for the opening of my soul to the inflow of God's Love that with faith may it bring my soul nearer to our Loving Father in Heaven.

I'm truly thankful to all of you whose lights you shine along the path. May God bless you all in return with a great abundance of His Love.

Much love to all,
AFlorentin52
BethM
Site Admin

Post by BethM »

Angel, where in PA are you? There are a couple of folks in the Philly/NJ area in our community, and there a dozen or so in the Pittsburgh/State College area.
AFlorentin52
New Friend

Post by AFlorentin52 »

Hello BethM,

I live in 15 Mayer Pl, Lancaster, PA 17601 about 1.5 - 2 hrs to Philly & NJ depending on traffic, about 2.5 hrs from State College and less than 4 hrs to Pittsburgh by car. I have a sis-in-law in Philly so my wife and I drives over once in a while.

Good Bless
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hello Angel,

Welcome to this forum, and what a wonderful story you have shared on how you found God, and more importantly, how you found out about God's Divine Love. Our Father has bestowed upon us many gifts, but the gift of His Love transcends all other gifts. Yes, Geoff Cutler is a saint in the flesh as his work alone has brought an untold number of souls to God's Divine Path -- ME included :)

As Elizabeth has mentioned, there are some Divine Love groups in PA, and there's a number of Divine Love prayer circles that meet online via Zoom.

We hope you will join us in prayer sometime, and we wish you an abundant inflowing of the Father's Love into your Soul.

Take care,
Dennis, from sunny Southern California
AFlorentin52
New Friend

Post by AFlorentin52 »

Hello DennisT,

Thank you for the heartfelt welcome. Yes, Geoff, Al, are awesome and so are everyone else who carry the Light including you. You all brighten the atmosphere that sometimes feels heavy with discord, anger, mistrust and mistruths. I continue to pray for Divine Love even for just the calm that it brings.

Ever since my 3am experience, I seem to be waken up at about the same time so I use the time to pray and it is becoming habitual. I have always had meaningful dreams since my college days. Recently I have been praying for help in rebooting my old programmed pattern of thoughts, words and actions that are not in harmony with Divine Love and to start new patterns that are guided by Divine Love. I notice sometimes that I wake up recalling a dream and an insight of a "lesson" relating to the dream.

Is it possible that my soul is trying to communicate "lessons" to my material mind? I'm just wondering. I have only taken my first tentative steps so if anyone who has traveled the path much longer has some insight on this, it will be greatly appreciated.

Love you all and God bless,
AFlorentin52
Daniel38
Happy Camper

Post by Daniel38 »

I want to thank you for sharing your story. Reading such stories from various different people, as far as I am concerned, helps build faith. I am often struggling on my spiritual path. For a couple of days, I was in a bad mood, and so was unable to pray, apart from speaking to God, without knowing if what I did made sense. But today, I prayed very well, felt the love (at least mine for God), and was happy afterwards. I have a lot of up and downs on this path, but reading testimonies such as yours, helps me to keep faith and go forward.
AFlorentin52
New Friend

Post by AFlorentin52 »

Hello Daniel38,

In my story I said I skipped over a lot of stuff and those were my struggles like the ones you may be having and I still have those struggles. So, I can empathize with you. When my day goes badly, I simply pause and say,"God, love me" or "Father, hug me." I'm putting faith in Him being God would know everything I meant with those three words. We're in the same boat but, guess what, struggles build strength, so it's said. I'd like you to know you're not walking alone.

Love and hugs and God bless,
aflorentin52