hello

Please introduce yourself here
jrmelmer
Busy Bee

hello

Post by jrmelmer »

Just a quick hello to everyone from Charleston South Carolina. Born in Ontario, Canada. Given a copy of Volume one by Dr. Margaret Marsh while on a retreat in B.C. long ago. Had the privilege of meeting Al and Jeanne on a trip from California back in the late 70's I think. Peace everyone. P.S. Isn't God great? :D
jeanne
Family

Re: hello

Post by jeanne »

Wow! John you are indeed a "flash from the past"!!!! Were you known as "Blue Jay" when we met!? :P I want to hear more ....! You are friends with Dan and Deb Bowman, right?

Thanks for showing up here.....it's been a bit slow these past couple of months in the forum - we've hosted back to back Divine Love retreats and a Divine Love Mediumship retreat this past summer; then Al has been in Australia almost a month....And I'm kind of dizzy at the best of times! Looking forward to being 70 in a few months!

I'd love to hear how you met Dr. Margaret Marsh on Vancouver Island??; then did we meet you at Victor Summers in Southern California? Michael Bailley too? I bet you have lots of stories to share! And maybe you could just ignite a few old brain cells for me??

And yes! Still praying for Divine Love all these decades!! Right on! So blessed we are, eh! Sending you love and hugs from Gibsons (a 40 minute ferry ride from Vancouver). Jeanne :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
jrmelmer
Busy Bee

Post by jrmelmer »

Jeanne: ty for your kind interest in an old man. I met Dr. Marsh while organizing new age retreats on Denman Island I think. For some reason she had this copy of TRUE GOSPEL REVEALED ANEW. Asked me if I wanted to read it. I said no then changed my mind THANK GOD. I read it in one night then asked if she had any others just like it. At the time I was publishing a newsmagazine called THE NEW AGE DAWN. Took my newspaper from Canada down the coast to CALIFORNIA. Ended up in SANTA CRUZ. Went to a gathering of The Holy Order of Mans. There I quoted from the volume. They said you're from that 'other' group. I said no I'm not with any other group. Then it dawned on me! They were telling me there was a group studying from this volume! WOW. I immediately left this meeting and went there: it 'just so happens' they were having a meeting right that very time! I went in and saw this handsome young man talking and I said hello. Someone said 'shhh he's in trance." I said he's in what? That young man turned out to be the fine medium named CHRIS WILEY. Long story short, ended up living in one of their houses. The most beautiful souls I have ever met. I then travelled with DR GEORGE STOKES, his wife KATHRYN up to meet a couple named AL AND JEANNE FIKE. Friendly folks! Yes, my nick name was BLUE JAY. As far as Dan Bowman yeh I know him, haven't had the opportunity to talk to him lately. He is on FB. So that's my story, thanks for listening! Peace.
KevinO
Family

Post by KevinO »

Hello John and welcome to the forum! Small world isn’t it? So good to see you here and hope to meet in person at one of the retreats! Love and blessings to you,
KevinO
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Hi John,

Gee your story goes back a way. Not sure we ever met, but your name does ring a bell. I only came on board in 2000. Welcome.

hugs
Geoff
jrmelmer
Busy Bee

Post by jrmelmer »

thank you so much for the kind welcome. God bless you all. Happy to be building the Kingdom of God with you! :D
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

ohhhhh, John! Oh, how I'd love to hear MORE!!! :P

What you've offered here seems like a few small pieces of a giant puzzle picture! Our beloved angels have obviously been nurturing and guiding us along for decades (in spite of myself -- being such a slow learner!) .

What you've said has inspired many questions! I wish I could remember the details clearly about when you, George and Kathryn came up to BC!! George's leadership, the culture of the community's practice and the differences we experienced are somewhat of a blurr now and I can't remember the context and timeline!! I think I was pregnant - so it would have been 41 years ago and it was hot that summer.....but I'm not sure! Was Darlene (Hayes) Gaunt there? Did you come and visit me (later - at another time?) when I was in the hospital about to give birth 1978? Did you wear robes? Sorry for my poor memory.....it's like to trying to put fragments of different dreams together!

George offered us an incredible sponsorship to open up a branch of his church....but it wasn't a fit for us and we lost contact after that.

Did you have a relationship with Victor Summers? Al and I were guided, a few years later to take a road trip to San Diego and meet Victor. Our kids were 3 and 5 years old at the time. What an adventure!!! At that time Victor showed us the original transcripts of all the volumes received through James Padgett!!! Again, our prayer practice and "culture" was very different from what we experienced with Victor and the others! While they were into music, dancing, shouting and singing, our prayer practice was and continues to be soft, quiet and gentle meditation!

It wasn't until 2017 that we met Kathryn again and Amy for the first time! We became friends on Facebook and they invited us to visit them in Santa Cruz! Our bond was immediate and very close! We stayed with them 4 days and had a marvellous, heavenly time praying, laughing and enjoying our time together!! So happy we got to get to know Kathryn before her tragic death and she has been close to us in spirit since she passed. She has come to Al in trance and delivered beautiful messages :P . We feel a deep and abiding connection with Amy and expect to see her again.

Thank you for this glimpse of those days gone by.....I'd love to continue this discussion with you and hear more about your journey!

I am sure Al will too.....he's been visiting Geoff and Jimbeau in Australia these past 3.5 weeks and will arrive home tomorrow. I expect he will just want to rest and recover from jet lag for a few days. I hope Geoff will write about his experiences hosting "the boys"....they had incredible spiritual adventures and we are eagerly trying to transcribe the avalanche of messages that came through!

Again, many thanks for joining this forum and I do look forward to hearing more about your spiritual journey!

Lots of love and God Bless you, always Jeanne :D
jrmelmer
Busy Bee

Post by jrmelmer »

Jeannie you are such a positive person! I love it! Must be the love lol. All I want to do is build the Kingdom with what precious little time I have remaining upon this planet. I feel like the angels want us to work together. The Family of Mankind split to the four winds. Hard to understand. It just seems like so much more could be done if we work together. Geoff's new birth website has all the messages in the four volumes. What an awesome achievement. I utilized his search engine many a time while doing 'my' books. Saved me thumbing through the four volumes. I am willing to do whatever y'all need me to do. I am currently working on a book on THE LIFE AND TIMES OF ST. PAUL. More than anyone else Paul spread the gospel of Jesus. After that I can help with whatever you need me for. I could also review Al's books if he needs to me too. Peace to everyone.
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

What a great response, John!!

But You leavin' me hanging!! :P I already asked Darlene and she doesn't remember!!! :lol: Right!

Darlene & I, along with Terry Adler (she introduced Al and I to Margaret Marsh) are very dear, very close friends working together on this path....along with Darlene's husband John and their 2 beautiful sons. She is a legal secretary and also very involved with the spiritualist church we are all part of in the city. Al and I speak once a month at Sunday services; Darlene and Terry and Maureen and Raphael lead Divine Love circles, healing workshops, etc. Many people at the church have embraced Divine Love teachings; Al and I have hosted many retreats for the church board & members here in Gibsons. God and the Angels have built a portal of light at the church....the conditions are very high there. Darlene's father and mother were very popular and highly respected speakers there, as was Darlene's father-in-law whose history is on this website: https://divinelovesanctuary.com/a-brief-history/ .

I gleefully accept your invitation to work together! Sounds awesome! I'm sure it will all unfold now because we are all so much more mature :o :roll: right?

Good luck with your book! Al and Geoff are collaborating on a third book.....they've been guided to do. Al thinks its going to take up to a year to prepare for publication but Geoff never wastes a minute getting down to any task!

We are going to be in the eastern U.S. in February / March: first a Divine Love cruise out of Tampa on Feb 17 for a week; then our itinerary includes retreats & workshops in Queens, Manhattan, Meyersdale, Monroeville and St. Louis! Maybe we can meet up with you somewhere along the way?

You are always welcome here...we have a modest retreat centre at home....also described on our website: www.divinelovesanctuary.com.

Well I must sign off now to pray simultaneously with Geoff, Jimbeau and Maureen.....Al's probably 30,000 feet somewhere off northern Australia.

God Bless you, John! Welcome to this forum. Love and hugs Jeanne :P
jrmelmer
Busy Bee

Post by jrmelmer »

Wow I got dizzy just reading the agenda! Sounds like all the action is up there! You can't keep a good Canadian down! One day we will all get together to tell the story of how we all got over! Either down here or up there. Seems like you guys have traveled everywhere to meet everyone! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting some of the folks in the movement. Let me know how I can pitch in but for now it will be limited as I simply must finish the book on Paul. Bucket list and all. peace from an old hippie.