Hello from Karen

Please introduce yourself here
karenjeanlyons
New Friend

Hello from Karen

Post by karenjeanlyons »

Hello everyone! I wanted to officially join and introduce myself as I have been secretly lurking for some time. My name is Karen Lyons and I live near a small town in southern Indiana, USA, named Tell City (after the Swiss hero William Tell). I retired after 35 years from Alcoa in Jan 2015. I was raised Catholic and have been a follower all my life, however, while I have always been very active in the church family, I have always continued searching for Truth. When questioned about faith, I have said that while a Catholic, my relationship is with God and going to church and being involved there helps me stay in harmony. I discovered Divine Love in Sept/Oct 2014. This happened after a series of events led me to starting praying to God to show me the Truth. This led me to read several books including the Padgett messages and many others. I immediately started to pray for Divine Love to fill my soul. Everything I learned rang true to me. It all seemed right, like what I knew to be truth all along. I continued reading everything I could get my hands on. Everything I read matched the meaning of the Gospel to me: GOOD NEWS! It brought so much joy to learn the Truth. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops but I did not know how to introduce my new found knowledge to others although I have tried with those closest to me. I found this website as well as new-birth.net and started lurking. I saw where there was to be a retreat in Phoenix and asked to attend. There I met many of the faces who write on this site as well as several of the books I have read. It was like a homecoming for me. Since then, I have registered for the retreat in Pennsylvania and have been helping to transcribe messages. I can't wait to get to know everyone here as I continue to develop Divine Love in my soul and follow whatever path God has laid out for me. Personal info is I have been married to my husband Randy for 37 years. We have two beautiful and talented daughters who are grown, married, and on their own. We have 5 precious grandchildren. I still do some consulting for Alcoa. Before retiring, I was a consultant for 3 years there on a project in Saudi Arabia. Prior to that I was Supply Chain Manager for 10 years and spent the rest of my career in various roles in IT as my degree is Computer Science. For volunteer work, I make all the flags for our marching band color guard, am a CASA which advocate for foster children, and am on the charity committee at church. I also help take care of my dear mother when she isn't taking care of me. I'm looking forward to getting to know all those here.
PlenaryGrace
Family

Re: Hello from Karen

Post by PlenaryGrace »

Hello dear Karen, and welcome here!!

What a lovely introduction. It sounds, from what you shared, that you have been living in harmony with God for many years, as your life bears much precious fruit. How wonderful that you attended the retreat in Phoenix! I, too, was reared with Catholicism, which nourished my love for God but left me searching for the Truth.

I also found the Padgett Messages in 2014 but regret that I didn't find this forum in time to attend a 2014 retreat near my home in the DC Metro Area, where I would have met so many of our DL brothers and sisters in person.

Glad to know a DL sister in America's heartland. :D

How deLIGHTful to be able to meet you in Pennsylvania... I look forward to it!

Thanks for introducing yourself!

Much Love and a big hug,

Catherine
karenjeanlyons
New Friend

Post by karenjeanlyons »

Hello,Catherine
I’m glad you will be in Pennsylvania. It sounds like we have a lot in common. I have watched your utube videos and I think they are an excellent way to spread the good news. I hope they reach many people.
With love,
Karen
Brooke
Family

Post by Brooke »

Pennsylvania welcomes you Karen! What a Divine Love filled addition you are. Thanks for coming out of lurking. I did the same thing for about a year.
Alexa tells me that Tell City is about 525 miles from Meyersdale, PA. We're almost neighbors. It will here before we know it. March 2019's retreat where we will get to meet.

LoveLitSouls make the world growround.

Brooke
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Wooo hoooo!!! Well Karen came out of "lurking" like a tornado of love on the move!! :P She won the hearts of everyone who met her in Phoenix (see Eva & Al's description at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1523 .....maybe you have some experiences you want to add?). Of all the condos in the time share complex, it was surely God-guided that Karen and Randy shared the same patio with Al and I ...our suites were right next door! 8-)

Since the Phoenix retreat, Karen has been churning out transcriptions from voice recorded messages channelled by Al and Maureen in lightning speed! She joins Susan Kubicek, Darlene and Terry in this wonderful work. We are deeply grateful for your loving efforts and prayerful support - thank you, thank you!

Karen is also taking a lead role in transcribing messages received on our new online Divine Love Circle of Light! Oh how I envy your technical skills!

Thank you for introducing yourself, how you came to learn about Divine Love and a little about your Catholic upbringing. I know you have wrestled with many questions of Faith and Religion ....with (in my mind), the potential of inspiring many discussions here! (Eg., thanks for emailing me the trailer about the Catholic CD's about St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo....have you had a chance to explore it? I pray these teachings are full of light and Truth rather than error??).

Yes, Meyersdale promises to be another amazing retreat....Can't wait!

Lots of love and gratitude for the Light you are in this world, Karen and for joining us here on the forum! Always, Jeanne :D
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Karen, nice to meet you here though I have met you in the flesh in Phoenix. As Jeanne describes, you are a go getter and activator. I believe that you will, in time, bring many to the truth of God's Love. It can be added to practically any religion since it is, in essence, a prayer practice. All the other additions to this simple truth are not as important to know as is receiving God's Love into our souls. The other truths emerge as the soul awakens in Love. Keep on plugin away dear sister. The world needs more like you. Such a privilege and blessing to have met you and to work together in the transcription department :P . Looking forward to Meyersdale too. God bless........Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Geoff
Family

Post by Geoff »

Dear Karen,

Good to see you on here, and glad to see you are actually already quite well known.

hugs
Geoff
Susan
Family

Post by Susan »

Hi Karen! Yay I'm excited to meet you, along with many others in this community, in PA! Come on March! :D
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Karen,
Welcome to this forum and nice to have met you in Phoenix. That’s great that you are becoming active in the community and will be able to meet more Divine Love followers in Pennsylvania.
Love,
Eva
KevinO
Family

Post by KevinO »

Hello Karen!
I too am anxious to meet you at the Pa retreat in March, along with all the other beautiful souls!