Re: Hello from Karen

Post by PlenaryGrace »

YAY, KEVIN, YOU'LL BE IN PA!

Hooray!
KevinO
Family

Post by KevinO »

Hello Cate! Thanks for your enthusiastic response. Yes, it seems I can make it after all and am so happy I’ll be with you all again! I enjoy your lessons, thank you for posting them. See you in March!
Lotsa love and hugs to you
billf
Family

Post by billf »

Hi Karen!

Jeanne recently put me onto this conversation in the form, so I thought I'd chime in.

I'd like to welcome you as someone who is also quite active in a mainline Protestant denomination, the United Methodist Church.

I look forward to connecting with you in Meyersdale! I would love to chat about the blessings and challenges of being on this path while participating in other Christian faith traditions.

Thank you for your work of helping to transcribe the messages. It is so important!

Blessings,

Bill
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

oh....you two would have SO MUCH to share with each other!!! Looking forward to you guys meeting in person, in Meyersdale!! Hey, Bill, would you mind posting your Welcome declaration from Monroeville Methodist Church? It is excellent! Al and I are still basking in the warm after-glow of your visit! What a blessing to have you here! God Bless you, Wendy, Liam and everything you're doing in Monroeville! Love always, Jeanne :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
billf
Family

Post by billf »

Per Jeanne's request, here is a statement that I wrote for our Adult Sunday School class to announce our willingness to accept and embrace ALL PEOPLE since the United Methodist Church is currently in a crisis related to a divergence of perspectives on sexual diversity.

###

We, the Seekers Adult Sunday School Class of the Monroeville United Methodist Church of Monroeville, Pennsylvania, declare ourselves to be an Open, Affirming, and Reconciling Sunday School Class. We celebrate that all people are created in God’s image, and that each individual is precious to God and unconditionally beloved by God.

We welcome all who have experienced the pain and suffering of exclusion, segregation, discrimination, and all other forms of dehumanization and violence both inside and outside of the church that has been called to witness to the truth of God’s Great Love in the world.

Our experience of God’s Unconditional Love inspires us to welcome and include people of any and all sexual orientations, genders, gender identities, gender expressions and/or any other distinctions related to human sexuality, gender, sexual expression, and/or gender identity that may exist now or in the future. We make this statement of support for and inclusion of all of those whom the United Methodist Church has thus far failed to love according to Christ’s great commandment: “Love one another. As I have loved you...” (John 13:34). It is also important for us to remember that discrimination, exclusion, and other forms of violence continue to exist within the United Methodist Church and therefore we also support and affirm the preciousness and worthiness of people of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, physical and/or mental abilities, disabilities, social and/or economic statuses, addictions, family make-ups, educational attainments, appearances, faiths, creeds, beliefs, identities, backgrounds, and/or any other categories that have not been mentioned and/or that may come to be recognized in the future.

We affirm that the Love demonstrated in the life, teachings and example of Jesus Christ is the very same Love that we are called to embody as his disciples today. We wholeheartedly affirm that this Love is wholly and completely inclusive of all people at all times and in all places and we praise and thank God for the wondrous and beautiful diversity of the human family.

We seek to be brought into ever-greater harmony and union with God, with our true selves as precious and beloved children of God, and with all of our precious siblings who have been created in the image of our Heavenly Parent. Our hope is that in doing so, we may better welcome, appreciate, include, experience, and celebrate the many gifts that people in their blessed and precious diversity may offer to the as yet unfinished work of bringing the fullness of God’s Kingdom of Love to the earth.

###

Bill
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

This is great Bill. The sentiments in your declaration are about truth, love and acceptance. Thank you for adding them into the forum for all of us to consider . Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.