Steve from Oklahoma

Please introduce yourself here
sfilkins
New Friend

Steve from Oklahoma

Post by sfilkins »

I am Steve Filkins from Oklahoma. I currently live in a city called Ada, but will be moving to Midwest City soon, into the house my sister owned until her passing last year in April. There is lots of work involved in a probate which I am no currently in and working with. I just got new carpet laid in the house. I had one sister, Jeannie, and have one brother, Larry Scott who is living on earth. Mom and Dad both have passed into Spirit. I have 'secretly' considered myself a Spiritualist for years. I say secretly, because I have been an active pianist and organist in many denominations. Presently I play piano for a Baptist Church and organ for a Catholic church on Saturdays. I played piano for the Spiritualist church in Oklahoma City for years (1991-2000) until the church dissolved. It no longer exists in OKC. I read Spiritualist books avidly and came across a particular set of books called Life in the World Unseen. Those 2 books changed my whole thinking and understanding about the Spirit World. When I recently looked those books up on the web I found the Padgett Messages among other things posted by Geoff Cutler. I started saving pdf formats to my thumbdrive and computer. I still have yet to read many of them but have read over 600 pages so far of the Padgett Messages. I was thrilled to find something finally that went with my understanding of what I thought the Truth really was about. I want to write a cantata using all the characters of the messages (well most of them) so that the world might hear in music form the most important messages given by them. The chorus would sing the praises of Divine Love between arias. I am on fire about this, so I hope that you will pray that I accomplish this goal in my lifetime. Thank all of you for being there and for your prayers! Steve Filkins
Geoff
Family

Re: Steve from Oklahoma

Post by Geoff »

Dear Steve,

Great to have you here, and I am very pleased that you found the P Messages after looking for the Borgia material. I also love the Borgia material, but knowing that its got a much bigger profile than Padgett, I deliberately set about trying to link these in various ways.

You will find that there is a great group of folks here, and you can be as involved as you like, or sit back and relax.
I want to write a cantata using all the characters of the messages (well most of them) so that the world might hear in music form the most important messages given by them. The chorus would sing the praises of Divine Love between arias. I am on fire about this, so I hope that you will pray that I accomplish this goal in my lifetime.
We have a few musical folks here and recently cut a single in Hawaii, which perhaps we can find someway to share with you. It was written by Jimbeau who has had many inspired songs come to him. Its still in the process of being refined at the moment.

hugs
Geoff
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Great to see you here Steve. A very hearty welcome to you and may you find further inspiration and understanding as you join our Divine Love family conversation. Consider yourself a part of this odd ball collection of followers of the truth as laid out in Padgett's books. Looking forward to more of your comments my brother. God bless.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hello Steve and welcome!

Thank you for sharing your story on how you found out about the Truths! I found them in a similar way, reading the Borgia books first, then finding the Padgett Messages via Geoff's fantastic website!

I'm also a piano player (not pianist, too much rock and roll) and did play organ in Catholic school. I will certainly pray that you complete your passion, Divine Love set to music.

Please come back often and let us know how you are doing!

By the way, my brother graduated from OU, so we are big Sooner fans and visit Oklahoma every now and then.

Love and hugs from Southern California,

Dennis
Boomer Sooner!!
jeanne
Family

Post by jeanne »

Hi Steve!

So happy to see you here in the forum! Welcome!
Kudos, once again, to Geoff, for his amazing website which leads so many in the world to the Truths of Divine Love!

Steve, I am enjoying our mail chimp / email correspondence very much! Thank you for your introduction here and thank you, also, for all the laughs on Facebook! :lol:

Yes, you are indeed getting brave on facebook! I hope other Divine Love followers will become facebook friends with you too! I look forward to sharing the joy of music with you one of these days and I do hope you will give serious consideration to joining us at the Indio Retreat in May.

You may recall in one of our recent communications (email) about receiving messages from James and Helen Padgett, that I told you about Dennis Tormey and his beautiful wife Suzy's presentation at the Washington, D.C. Retreat?! I mentioned that I would love to introduce you to Dennis! Besides a special interest in the life of James Padgett, you both share a Gift from God for bringing music to the world!! :D Well now I am tickled pink to see that Dennis has already introduced himself to you in this forum! Dennis, can you send Steve a copy of the Walking Tour of where James lived in Washington....along with a copy of your D.C. slide show presentation? Also I intend to send Steve a copy of the messages Al received from James and Helen prior to our gathering in Washington. Steve, I promise to follow up! (I know they are here somewhere in this forum!)

Thanks again for joining us here and all the best as you navigate the process of settling the estate. Good luck with your move too! Wishing you more spiritual adventures in God's Greatest Blessings! Your friend, Jeanne :P
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Hi Steve,

In response to Jeanne, yes I would be more than happy to share any and all of our Padgett info.

Anything for a Divine Love musician from the Sooner State! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve and I have already been in contact via private messaging, but if will upload those items mentioned and make the links public for all to share.

Love and hugs,

Dennis
Eva
Family

Post by Eva »

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum and the community!

I think you'll find friends here who support each other on our spiritual journey, answer each other's questions, pray for each other, and share insights and experiences.

I too came to the Padgett messages via one of the Borgia books -- like you and Dennis -- now about three years ago. Like Geoff, I live in Australia, one state north of him. My websites are in the signature -- I am a writer/publisher and my Universal Spirituality website tries to bridge the Padgett messages with the Bible. There are also several small books available as PDF downloads presenting the Padgett truths in "bite-size pieces".

If you'd like to be kept abreast of upcoming community activities such as retreats and what different people have done by way of furthering the Divine Love message, we have a newsletter of which I am the co-editor. For information on how to download past issues and how to subscribe, go to http://board.divine-love-sanctuary.ca/v ... =50#p11504.

Wishing you well on your spiritual journey and in your efforts to put the newfound truths to music -- what a wonderful idea!
Love and blessings,
Eva