Love from Upstate NY

Please introduce yourself here
AlFike
Site Admin

Re: Love from Upstate NY

Post by AlFike »

Hi Kristy. I'm glad you see the distinction that we are not a church. I see the Divine Love as a daily practice with being aware of our Creator and His flow of Love with every breath our goal. To walk in God's Grace is not the same a being affiliated with an institution. We are a fellowship to be sure but are not bound by tennents and rules of conduct. Each individual comes to God in their own way on their own terms and the purpose of this site is to share our unique experiences in this regard. The Divine Love is our connecting experience. God's hand rests on all of us and will guide us through the process of experiencing the transformative miracle of His Love working within. We will all experience this transformation differently and in a way that is right for us. To share the ways in which this will happen is a blessing both for you and for us as each testimony reinforces our own journey to God. No need to be under one roof and the gift of social media makes this need unnecessary. We have had our gatherings and they are very inspiring and uplifting. Maybe someday we will all meet together again. That is certainly something to look forward to. Until then, have a blessed journey and we are open to whatever you wish to share here. God bless for now.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Al, thank you ! You can not imagine how wonderful it is for me to hear you verbalize what I believe. I have felt like an island over the past ten months and did indeed leave the church that my loving spouse still frequents. I have received letters, and phone calls, and visits ... everyone wondering where I went which made it awkward for my husband. However, I have grown closer to God in the last ten months then I have over my entire life which is a testimony to what you so eloquently wrote. And it is very clear to me now how I should live. Love, Kristy
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Kristy, I'm so glad that you see this so clearly and with resolute strength. I'm sure that the example you are setting and the growing light and love from within will influence all those around you for the good. The others just fear the change in your behavior and project their own reasons for this shift of focus. I don't mean to dissuade you from your church going if you wish to go. There cannot be any harm in it and you can be used as a channel for God's love there. But if this is no longer a comfortable place for you to be then I suppose it is for the better for you not to be there. God is with you where ever you go so don't have any regrets whatever you decide. You are in the light and that is what counts. God bless you dear sister.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
Zack
Family

Post by Zack »

A warm welcome Kristy! Glad to have another one join in on the feast. :) Blessings, Zack
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Zack, thank you; I am so glad that I have joined. I have received so much inspiration since doing so. Love, Kristy
DennisT
Family

Post by DennisT »

Welcome to the Sanctuary, Kristy!

I've just recently joined the group here, and my experience with discovering the Padgett Messages and Divine Love is only a few months old now. However, my warm welcome here made me feel much the same way that you feel now, having found a place to talk to others on the Divine Love path.

I wish you all the best on your journey, and my God bless you and your family as you receive more and more of His Divine Love!

Dennis
:mrgreen:
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Hey Dennis - thank you! As I mentioned in one of my other posts, I have had many questions to this point and what is so very fine is, I have had them all answered by just reading through the dialogue since I joined. What a wonderful connection we have here! Blessings, Kristy
Kathryn
Family

Post by Kathryn »

Hi Kristy, I am Kathryn also from Vancouver and close friends with Al & Jeanne. Welcome to the Forum.

I first learned of the Padgett messages when I was a teenager. At that time I was a member of the Catholic Church. SInce reading the Padgett messages I have never swayed in my beliefs.

My youngest son who is 20 is a devout born again Christian. After many years of not going to Church I started going to his church as he sings during worship quite a bit and I wanted to hear him sing. I really enjoy the worship part of the service and the fellowship. It's very hard for me at times as they talk about the "Word" so much and I do believe in some parts of the bible. To me though - the most important thing is spending time with God and seeking his Love. This is what truly transforms our soul. My son knows that we have our differences and we used to have some pretty good debates about it.

I myself am a bit on the fence about the whole church thing at present. I have really enjoyed going the last two years and as I have said I enjoy the music and the fellowship and it is hit and miss if I get something out of the sermon itself. It is very tough to know the truth and not be able to shout it out to the world :) But as Al said, we can be used as channels of God's Love and plant seeds that can grow and flourish with time.

Blessings to you, Kathryn
Kristy
Family

Post by Kristy »

Kathryn, thank you for the welcome and sharing your experience.
lizaduff
Family

Post by lizaduff »

Dear Kristy,

I want to add my welcome to all of those who have already written here. I am 'Elizabeth from Buffalo' and I do know of another person from upstate NY who is a long-time seeker (for many decades) of our Father's Divine Love; he is not (yet) a member of this forum, and I will write him and invite him to join. I hope you two will have the opportunity to meet.

All that Al wrote here about this community not being a church was so well articulated. We here share the knowledge of the possibility of seeking our Father's Divine Love. More and more, I'm aware of how--in everyday life-- peoples' 'beliefs' usually begin the conversation and how divisive and unnecessary that is. It is from witnessing Al and Jeanne's prayer circle that this has been made most clear to me.

I was raised Catholic and observed Catholocism until early adulthood, and left that religion about forty years ago, and have been on a path to find the truth since. It strikes me as so wonderful that seeking our Father's Divine Love is available to all--to those of all major religions, to those who have no religion, to those who don't even believe in God.

When I'm invited to attend a ritual--wedding, funeral, etc--in a church or synogogue, I simply pray silently for our Father's Divine Love to fill my soul, and to reach the hearts of all those present there. I also pray silently in this way when present at Shabbos prayers at my sister's home on Friday nights (she has converted to orthodox Judaism.) However, I have not felt a need to find a church to pray and prefer to participate long distance in the prayer circles that Al and Jeanne hold, and also of course in solitary daily prayer. Also, I pray that there will come a time when I can pray in person with others who live near to me.

May our Father bless all of us in this Divine Love family, enabling us to yearn more and more from our souls, enabling us to receive more and more of His great Love, and may His great Love draw more and more to know of this possibility,
elizabeth