Post by Eva »

Beautiful, Vee! Lovely flowers.
Thanks for sharing.
Love, Eva
Vee
Happy Camper

Re: Hello!

Post by Vee »

Just had a look at the youtube site.This is absolutely wonderful for the visually impaired, Des.
The voice sounds good too. That will also have taken a long time to prepare.

And Geoff… Monet’s gardens I can only dream of, but do you know they have a bridge just like in the Monet’s gardens here in our own Botanical Gardens in Christchurch?

And Al, I sometimes notice too late the misspelling of your name, but I suspect the automatic spelling is playing tricks on me. Have to check more carefully.We have had years of experience of our surname going crook, and know how annoying that is.

Love,
Vee.
Des Atkins
Happy Camper

Post by Des Atkins »

Finally got to look at those photos and man am I envious!
It really made me miss my old home! You know what they say... You can take the man outta the countryside but you can't take the countryside outta the man! ;)

Really nice pictures vee!
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

No worries about the name Vee. I've been called worse :mrgreen: . Love your garden and see a real English influence to it. A touch of Monet as well. You are my kind of gardener Vee. I hope some day that we will be able to visit each other's gardens in person. It would be a real treat to see yours in person. My bias is that true Divine Love followers are all good gardeners ;) :lol: . Nice to know that you are a kindred spirit. God bless......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

What a beautiful garden Vee! Thanks for the pictures, you certainly have put a lot of love into your garden and the plants and flowers look so vibrant and healthy. I wish I had the touch of gardening, but alas I grew up in a semi-arid environment, with little rain the best we could hope for was somewhat green grass not being overrun by weeds and cactus. Your talents as a gardener will come in handy when it’s time to garden Gods field of lost souls. He is preparing the soil and gathering His gardeners together to tend to these souls. I will have to catch up with yours and Al’s gardening skills. :D

Love and hugs,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey
Vee
Happy Camper

Post by Vee »

David,I’m aware of the difficulties of gardening in many parts of Australia.A friend told me about her friend in Adelaide losing her garden after the terrible drought there some years ago, and how that hurt.
I think it is best to go with what the land tells you to do, and indeed, go for the cacti and succulents. Those are fabulous too. I have a large collection myself…not visible on the pics, as they are in pots on shelves. We had one that touched the eaves , but when our house had to be lifted after the earthquakes, and new foundations build, we had to remove it, but made many cuttings from it, that I mostly gave away. It was a rather lethal one with enormous spikes, and I’m slightly worried about balance and falling into those. Perhaps I collect a set of pictures of flowering cacti, and you can see how fabulous they can be.( not the "prickly pear" of course….know about those)
I’m a bit worried about the climate here too, we had a very long drought this summer, and a hotter summer than ever as well. There is a limit to the availability of water and what then?
I’ve been reading Benson/Borgia again, and that goes into gardening a lot, a very different sort of creation than we do here on earth. Absolutely fascinating. There won’t be a boring moment, together with the music, lol.

Al, my husband can no longer travel, because he cannot get medical travel insurance. It is too risky for us. Only Australia is possible. I don’t really want to travel alone and leave him here alone.
Of course I’m curious about your garden too, but can imagine what that is like. You have the space. I have about a little less than 1/4 acre, and it was all made from scratch when we had this house built on an empty section in 1973.

And Des, I might not have grown up in the country, but in a suburb with …for the area..fairly large gardens in a small town in the west of the Netherlands. My mother was also mad about gardening
and my father was crazy about wild nature, and I got both from them. So I understand you very well , saying that "you can't take the countryside outta the man!

Love,
Vee.
AlFike
Site Admin

Post by AlFike »

Thanks for fleshing things out for us Vee. If I knew how to post pics on this site, I would add my 2 cents worth. Some are on facebook from time to time if you are on there as well. My garden is exactly the same size as yours Vee. It's dimensions are 100' by 100', slightly less than one quarter acre and that is enough for me. I have a pottery studio out building on the property so that takes up some room. The areas that I have planted are chock full of many varieties of plants. Honestly, I could plant three gardens out of what I've crammed in there. We had severe water restrictions last year but some of the garden is on a large septic field and another portion is fed by an artesian spring which keeps about a third of the garden watered all year. Consequently my garden did not suffer much other than a few hedge trees kicking the bucket.The artesian spring also provides another benefit which my angel friends showed me early on when we purchased the property 13 years ago. Along with the flow of water comes a flow of healing light, magnetic energy, which has a great calming effect and can stimulate the body in healing itself. This light also passes through our downstairs basement suite where we used to stay when we had our upstairs rented out. We went here for weekends from the city until we retired and moved here permanently a few years back. My best sleeps were in the bedroom not a few feet from the location of the spring. Most of our guests comment as much, that they feel relaxed and refreshed after sleeping there.

My garden is not as well established as yours Vee. In age, I would call it a i5 year old teenager. It's sprouting up, at places a little awkward but showing promising signs.It's trees are not yet mature but still substantial, some areas have not altogether filled in ( I hate to see bare earth). We have to be careful not to ruin our view which is at the top of this page. We have lots of flowers here right now and since we had an early spring, the summer flowers are starting to bloom about a month early. We have lots of fruit showing up too. We have two Italian prune plumbs, 4 apple trees, two fig trees plus a patch of raspberries, blackberries, blue berries and Tay berries. Also a fairly modest vegetable garden walled off to keep the dear out. We've got a green house with tomatoes, cucumber and basil. The list goes on and like you I'm out in the garden daily. I love my little patch of paradise and I would love to share it with you Vee. Never say never. Much love to you......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
dmreed2
Family

Post by dmreed2 »

That’s great advice Vee, to grow what nature intended to grow in the climate we’re in. I have observed that more and more, businesses and city’s are doing this too. They are planting native plants and finding very interesting ways of landscaping so that the plants and land blend in with the environment. I haven’t read Benson/Borgia but would like to. I’m sure they have amazing gardens that we can’t even conceive of. A true paradise of Heavenly creation. I can imagine that the plants would make their own music and sooth the soul with sight and sound. I have always loved to hear the wind blow through the tall grass lands of the Midwest plains here in the states.

I’ve had the immense pleasure of enjoying Al and Jeanne’s garden paradise. A true sanctuary for the mind, body and soul. Hopefully you will be able to see some pictures. When I visited for last summer’s Divine Love retreat at their home, the region was in a severe drought. But Al’s and Jeanne’s yard looked green and beautiful thanks to the spring and septic field. Certainly this was well planned in advance by the angels. There was also alternative means of getting water that Jeanne’s sister Judy and others could use on their gardens which are also very beautiful. I’m sure provided by God and the angels. As He provides his gardeners He will provide us with the tools and gifts we need to bring healing, Love and peace to the world. His gardeners are so well provided for and if you can manage to travel, I believe God will ensure all will be made easy and free of troubles. Hopefully we can hold a Divine Love retreat in Australia again. The angels have said in their messages that we will be traveling to many places to bring God’s Love to His slumbering children.

With my love and a big hug,
David
Don't Plan, Live, Love, Pray, Pray for God's Love, and let yourself enjoy your spiritual journey